BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > E90/E92 M3 Technical Topics > Track / Autocross / Dragstrip / Driving Techniques

Mporium BMW

05-15-2013, 11:10 AM   #1
03///m3
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2013 E92 M3

Frozen white and track time

Anyone track their frozen m3? Any problems with durability with rubber and bugs? I am considering a frozen paint m3 and I will track the car frequently.
Appreciate 0
      05-15-2013, 11:31 AM   #2
Jaypod
Brigadier General
No_Country
Rep
Drives: Frozen M3, AM V8V, 991 GT3

I track my Frozen Silver pretty regularly. I had the whole front clear (matte/satin) bra'd so I didnt have to worry about stone chips etc. I do get rubber marks in the bra but they do clean up if you give them some attention.

So far so good!

Appreciate 0
      05-15-2013, 11:48 AM   #3
lsmkr01
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: E92 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaypod View Post
I track my Frozen Silver pretty regularly. I had the whole front clear (matte/satin) bra'd so I didnt have to worry about stone chips etc. I do get rubber marks in the bra but they do clean up if you give them some attention.

So far so good!

Dang your car is looking mighty good with those track shoes one. Reminds me of a female athlete thats great at her sport and is super fine at the same time.
Appreciate 0
      05-15-2013, 01:50 PM   #4
03///m3
First Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaypod

So far so good!

Thanks for the info. How is the maintenance of the paint? Just wash only right? No wax or polish.
Appreciate 0
      05-15-2013, 02:04 PM   #5
Jaypod
Brigadier General
No_Country
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by lsmkr01 View Post
Dang your car is looking mighty good with those track shoes one. Reminds me of a female athlete thats great at her sport and is super fine at the same time.
Thanks!

Quote:
Originally Posted by 03///m3 View Post
Thanks for the info. How is the maintenance of the paint? Just wash only right? No wax or polish.
Maintenance is like you said. Just wash. I did use Dr. Beasley's (Sp?) matte wax product on it (swissvax has one too, but it wasnt available when I ordered). I do carry a bottle of BMW's bug remover in the car to clean off any bird droppings or bugs from long drives etc. But it really is too much to get fussed over.

I spend much more time waxing and polishing my other cars than I do this car - wash and wear so to speak!
Appreciate 0
      05-15-2013, 02:34 PM   #6
03///m3
First Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by lsmkr01 View Post
Thanks!

Quote:
Maintenance is like you said. Just wash. I did use Dr. Beasley's (Sp?) matte wax product on it (swissvax has one too, but it wasnt available when I ordered). I do carry a bottle of BMW's bug remover in the car to clean off any bird droppings or bugs from long drives etc. But it really is too much to get fussed over.

I spend much more time waxing and polishing my other cars than I do this car - wash and wear so to speak!
Thanks! Have you ever used a touchless automatic carwash? I ask because I would have to use one in the winter to get the salt/sand off and I'm concerned I would damage the pain.
Appreciate 0
      05-15-2013, 03:32 PM   #7
Jaypod
Brigadier General
No_Country
Rep

Quote:
Thanks! Have you ever used a touchless automatic carwash? I ask because I would have to use one in the winter to get the salt/sand off and I'm concerned I would damage the pain.
I dont drive this car in the winter. I have never done anything but hand wash it. I know there are a few people who drive their frozen painted cars in the winter so maybe they can chime in on what they do to keep it clean.
Appreciate 0
      05-15-2013, 03:43 PM   #8
RingMeister01
Croatian
No_Country
Rep
Drives: PORSCHE

Garage List
Frozen group thread
I would not drive our cars in the winter!
You should be happy with the clear bra while tracking.
I also have the bug spray remover always on hand and yes I'm the punch line of many jokes for this.
SwissVax is great.

Frozen white is so sexy, BTW
Looking for an SUV
Appreciate 0
      05-15-2013, 03:52 PM   #9
OC3
Havin' a blast!
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2013 M3 E92 Jerez Blk DCT ZCP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaypod View Post

So far so good!

Car looks great!

If you're going to clear bra, make sure you cover the windshield too.
BRP 1:56 | CVR 2:01 | ACS 1:53 | WSIR 1:34
Appreciate 0
      05-15-2013, 04:42 PM   #10
03///m3
First Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Quote:
I dont drive this car in the winter. I have never done anything but hand wash it. I know there are a few people who drive their frozen painted cars in the winter so maybe they can chime in on what they do to keep it clean.
Ok thanks for the feedback. Gorgeous car btw. Enjoy
Appreciate 0
      05-16-2013, 06:34 AM   #11
Jaypod
Brigadier General
No_Country
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by OC3 View Post
Car looks great!

If you're going to clear bra, make sure you cover the windshield too.
Quote:
Ok thanks for the feedback. Gorgeous car btw. Enjoy
Thanks guys!

Good luck with your decision!
Appreciate 0