BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > M3 Marketplace > Private Sellers - For Sale / Trade / Wanted > Cars for sale/wanted/trade

BPM

12-28-2022, 08:02 PM   #1
Rusty_Schackleford
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 1985 Yugo

BIMMERPOST / Classifieds
Asking Price:
Sold

Or Best Offer

Item Interest
Hey M3Post, the time may have finally come for me to sell my beloved E92 M3. I purchased this car from slicer approximately two years ago. At date of purchase it had 33k miles on it, and now it sits at approximately 42,022 miles. The car has had three owners total, and it has spent a majority of its time here in California. This post is some what of a feeler post as I don't need to sell the car (nor do I really want to); I'm looking at moving and I'm not sure that I will have room for it where we're headed.

Many of you know this car as the "Slicer spec" car as it was used for many of Brett's BBS/brake/coil over/other fitment tests and checks. Brett and MRF built this car as the ultimate dual street/track duty car and if it does sell I will be sad to see it go. You can find photos of the car throughout its life on my Instagram (@na4Lv8) and Slicers Instagram (@slicer_m). Here are the current specs as the car sits:

- 2013 E92 M3 (last month of the last year of production), Alpine White
- Stripper spec, the only option the car has is DCT (no nav, no power seats, no EDC, etc...)
- Full body XPEL Ultimate Plus PPF wrap/ceramic - this is the healing PPF
- BBS E88 gold center (10/11)
- RE71RS 285/30/18 square
- Ohlins TTX (2-way adjustable w/Eibach springs)
- MRF kinematics/corner balance)
- Rod bearings, oil pan, motors mounts, done by MRF
- Hotchkis Sway Bars (front/rear)
- BW Rear Camber Arm Bearing kit
- Fall Line Rear camber shim kit
- Fall Line Reinforced Rear Trailing Arms and Bearings
- PSI Front Swaybar End Links
- SPL Front LCA
- SPL Front Tension Rods
- SPL Front Tie Rod Ends
- SPL Rear Upper Traction Links
- SPL Rear Upper Wishbones
- SPL Rear Toe Arm Kit
- MRF Solid Sub-Frame Bushings
- Powerflex Diff Bushings Purple
- M14 Press-in Stud Conversion to F8X wheel hubs (85mm bullet nose)
- Akrapovic GT4 x-pipe
- Akrapovic Cat back exhaust w/Titanium tips
- AP Essex Radical Front/Rear BBK
- DS1 pads (and 2500's)
- VAC Baffled Oil Pan
- BPM Tune (will switch to Alpine later)
- Voltphreaks VPH1200 Battery
- CSF cooling (full - radiator/oil/DCT/power steering)
- Karbonius Intake/Plenum/Elbow
- SLON DCT pan
- BW Motor Mounts
- MFactory Carbon Fiber driveshaft
- Stack Gauges
- Macht Schnell Gauge Pod
- Macht Schnell DCT Temp Sensor Boss
- Sparco QRT-C (carbon) seats
- Brey Krause Side Mounts
- OE BMW factory sliders
- Schroth Harness - Profi 3
- OE CF Interior trim (wrapped with matte PPF)
- OE CF center console
- Safe Craft Fire Extinguisher
- OE BMW GTS lip
- OE BMW M235iR wing (with GTS trunk reinforcements)
- OE BMW GTS Cage (powder coated white)
- OE BMW Rear Seat Delete
- OE BMW GTS Steering Wheel
- PSDesigns GTS arms rest (replica)
- Motorsport 24 Carbon Door Cards (matte carbon)
- Radio Delete and radio delete panel (radio removed by Brett when door cards were installed)
- Front cup holder delete (for weight)
- Wiper fluid holder/motor/wiper delete (for weight)
- Sound deadening/lining delete (for weight)
- Varis lower diffuser tray
- Euro front bumper
- iND hood/trunk painted emblem (gloss black border)
- Remote power steering over-flow reservoir (DIY method)
- A bunch of OEM parts that are in plastic storage bins (I do NOT have the OE seats, or the OE plenum, I do have the OE speed cloth door cards and a ton of radio/wiring/other components that make up four large Office Depot style plastic bins). I also have a folder full of receipts and maintenance work.

The paint on the car is in fantastic condition as it was fully paint corrected before PPF. There are no dents on the car that I am able to find. All of the paint on the car is original with the exception of the front bumper (as it was painted due to it being an in the white euro bumper) and the passenger side rocker panel. The rocker panel was repainted before PPF application when a blem was found that wouldn't buff out. There is also a ring around one of the stack gauges that is missing; the car came with it missing when I bought it and never contacted stack to get it fixed. Lastly, the windshield has a crack on the passenger side. I can get the windshield replaced easily via my insurance before sale. The car is in immaculate condition and is one of the cleanest if not the cleanest E92 I've seen to date. The car has been fully garage kept during my ownership.

After jotting all this down it only makes me want to sell the car less. This is a very special car and it will go (if it goes at all) to a very specific type of buyer. The OE BMW GTS parts on the car make it even more special to those in the know. This is a no expense spared build and the selling price will reflect that. This is the closest to a Schirmer E92 M3 that you'll be able to find for sale stateside. I'm asking 85k or best offer for the car as it sits. I will not be parting the car out. The only options that I am comfortable removing for the buyer are the BBS E88's (- $5,000) and the Varis diffuser ( - $1,900). I am open to reasonable negotiation on price. Again, I'm not in a rush to sell. As I've requested before in other for sale posts, if you have "over priced", "I bought XX for XX here/there/then" type comments - I don't care, please refrain. The car may end up on bring a trailer depending on when we make the move out of state. If you have any questions feel free to reach out via DM. Thanks for looking.

ETA: located in the Fresno, CA area. Shipping can be arranged by out of state buyer.

Last edited by Rusty_Schackleford; 01-13-2023 at 02:27 PM..
Appreciate 4
GeoK104.50
DrFerry6728.50
spooni480.50
E46PP22.00
      12-28-2022, 09:38 PM   #2
Tellmee
Captain
Rep
Drives: 2011 E90 M3 ZCP AW/FR

92k for the car guys in case you couldn't locate it.

2011 E90 M3 ZCP AW / FR (Current and will stay)
Appreciate 1
DrFerry6728.50
      12-28-2022, 10:34 PM   #3
shayanm3
Rep
Drives: Lotus Exige

Good lord. I'm local but not sure I have that kind of budget ^. Speechless. Gorgeous.
Appreciate 0
      12-29-2022, 04:42 AM   #4
LSBTAX
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: M3

One of the nicest track builts I have probably ever seen. And I can vouch that this car has been dialed in as well as it can be after speaking to slicer myself multiple times. BUT that price is craaaazyy
Appreciate 0
      12-29-2022, 08:28 AM   #5
Rusty_Schackleford
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

I get it - as I said, it’s priced high and would go to a specific type of buyer. One of the nice things about not needing to sell is I don’t have to price it competeively. If it’s not for you, it’s not for you.
Appreciate 2
GeoK104.50
      12-29-2022, 08:47 AM   #6
spazzyfry123
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: Here and There

Garage List
Wowzers. Very nice.
Appreciate 0
      12-29-2022, 09:13 AM   #7
DRLane
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: E92 M3

Garage List
2008 m3  [6.63]
Out of curiosity what did you buy this car for from Brett?

It’s undoubtedly a beautiful car and build, but Slicer isn’t uniquely capable or some famous builder. It’s a bolt-on parts car. These typically don’t appreciate.

Regardless, it’s a nice modified example!
      12-29-2022, 09:29 AM   #8
1FastSicilian
-Frank
Rep
Drives: 2013 E92 M3 ZCP

The perfect e92 is up for sale... GLWS!! This was the car that made me want to sell the e46 and build an E9x.
IG: @_frank_stone_
Appreciate 2
      12-29-2022, 09:32 AM   #9
slicer
Major General
Rep
Drives: 'E46 M3 Race Car, '23 X7

This is an awesome example guys. Great seller as well. It started as the ideal base spec and I invested tons of time and money to get it where it is. It would take far more than his asking price to recreate it. That being said, it would be nearly impossible to replicate given the fact that the OE GTS parts and Akrapovic GT4 exhaust are NLA. All said and done this landed at 3200 lbs.

I’m happy to answer any questions about its history.
'04 M3 - Fall Line Motorsports Built Race Car - S65 swap, Dry Sump, Bosch Stand-Alone ECU, Drenth Sequential Trans, MCS 3-Way, Flossmann Wide Body, Brembo Motorsports Brakes, Drexler LSD, BBS E88 Etc.
INSTAGRAM - @Slicer_M
Appreciate 2
      01-03-2023, 12:08 PM   #10
M3Dreaming
Private
Rep
Drives: 2010 E92 M3

What a beautiful piece of machinery. I hope to one day make my own E92 half as unique and special as this 1/1 beauty. GLWS!
Appreciate 2
      01-03-2023, 12:55 PM   #11
'ringmeister
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: E92 M3

Would be good listing for BAT as long as they let you set a reasonable reserve. Great car, GLWS!
Appreciate 3
      01-04-2023, 12:39 AM   #12
fullyflaredd
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: E46 M3, S2000 CR, 899 Panigale

This makes me want to sell my e46 and get another e92 m3. This thing is absolutely rad.
Appreciate 2
      01-04-2023, 12:59 AM   #13
Powerbeast
Lieutenant General
United_States
Rep
Drives: F80 M3 RarriRot

Epic
Appreciate 2
      01-13-2023, 02:28 PM   #14
Rusty_Schackleford
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Bump. Added updated photos. This will be the last bump and price adjustment before it gets listed on BAT (submitting to BAT next week most likely).
Appreciate 0
      01-13-2023, 08:38 PM   #15
E34nication
Private
Rep
Drives: 964/991/D90/G55/LX570

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rusty_Schackleford View Post
Bump. Added updated photos. This will be the last bump and price adjustment before it gets listed on BAT (submitting to BAT next week most likely).
I’ll be watching that auction closely if/when it goes live. Stock diff?

Nice car.
Appreciate 1
      01-13-2023, 11:19 PM   #16
HELROTM3
Captain
Rep
Drives: 1995 e36 M3

In my opinion, the best e92 M3 in the country! GLWS.
Appreciate 1
      01-14-2023, 02:01 AM   #17
fullyflaredd
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: E46 M3, S2000 CR, 899 Panigale

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rusty_Schackleford View Post
I hope that the BAT crowd is able to appreciate this. There are many great cars on there that often sell for a lot less than they should, and many crap cars that sell for a lot more. For example, recently saw a 4.2L carbahn motor car sell for 37k and another pretty beat up higher mileage boring spec sell for a similar amount.

I'm guessing you agree to a reserve first? Either way best of luck with the sale, will be keeping an eye out.
      01-14-2023, 11:15 AM   #18
Rusty_Schackleford
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by E34nication View Post
I’ll be watching that auction closely if/when it goes live. Stock diff?

Nice car.
Thanks, yes it is the stock diff

Quote:
Originally Posted by fullyflaredd View Post
I hope that the BAT crowd is able to appreciate this. There are many great cars on there that often sell for a lot less than they should, and many crap cars that sell for a lot more. For example, recently saw a 4.2L carbahn motor car sell for 37k and another pretty beat up higher mileage boring spec sell for a similar amount.

I'm guessing you agree to a reserve first? Either way best of luck with the sale, will be keeping an eye out.
Thank you; I've seen some strange stuff happen on BAT. I don't know if it's just a who has eye's on type thing, time of the year, or any other number of factors. Either way my understanding is that BAT will set what they believe is a "reasonable" reserve price. I don't know what they will set that number at as I haven't submitted it yet (I'm still editing updated photos of the car), but hopefully it's in the realm of what I'm asking. I'm not getting my hopes up though. If it doesn't sell on BAT for what I'd like I'll just keep it and continue to enjoy it unless someone else comes along with an offer.
Appreciate 0
      01-15-2023, 09:56 AM   #19
E34nication
Private
Rep
Drives: 964/991/D90/G55/LX570

It’ll be interesting to see what reserve they let you set for sure … I don’t think it’s going to be in the realm of what you’re asking, but never know. I’d think somewhere in the mid to high $40’s. Friend of mine went through the exercise in an attempt to sell his frame off resto-mod fj40 and they couldn’t agree on a reserve…
Appreciate 0
      01-29-2023, 08:35 PM   #20
Rusty_Schackleford
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Quick update - I’m not listing it on BAT. I filled everything out on BAT and couldn’t bring myself to click submit.

I’ve updated the price above to or best offer, and will keep enjoying the car in the mean time. If the car sells cool, if it doesn’t also cool.

Either way I’ll keep the listing up as it is still for sale. I’m just not going to really aggressive with regards to selling it. As I get closer to moving out of state this may change, but for now I’ll occasionally bump the ad and respond to DM’s from serious potential buyers 🤙🏻
Appreciate 0
      01-29-2023, 08:59 PM   #21
GeoK
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2013 E92 M3

Garage List
I know it's not my business, but I'm happy for your decision and totally understand the inability to click submit....
The more time a spend checking your thread the more I hear a little voice saying "This is not a car, it's a piece of art"
Good luck with any future decision about it!
Appreciate 0
      01-29-2023, 09:19 PM   #22
shayanm3
Rep
Drives: Lotus Exige

Don't think BAT would allow a reserve as high as what you've asked here, it's pretty unrealistic but hey, I'm just a jealous dude on the internet. You get to keep the car so it's a win-win

Last edited by shayanm3; 01-29-2023 at 09:25 PM..
Appreciate 0