BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > E90/E92 M3 Technical Topics > DIY Guides/ Discussions

10-05-2019, 09:36 AM   #1
airkingmt
United_States
Rep
Drives: C4S, E46 M3, E90 M3, GX460

Hi Guys -

I have a 2009 e90 M3 that I bought a few years ago. It came to me with Recaro Sportster CS seats and I'm going back to installing the original Speedcloth seats. While I thought this would be a pretty straight forward installation, I'm having issues with the seat belt tensioner/receptacle installation. Every thread and video I've seen shows that the receptacle bolts directly to the seat. However, my seat does not have a threaded receiver for this connection and the tensioner itself does not have a hole where a bolt could be placed through either. Can someone please enlighten me how this significant piece of safety equipment is fastened?

Many thanks in advance.
Appreciate 0
      11-02-2019, 12:01 AM   #2
Bartledoo
Driver
Rep
Drives: 2011 E90 M3 6MT

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by airkingmt View Post
Hi Guys -

I have a 2009 e90 M3 that I bought a few years ago. It came to me with Recaro Sportster CS seats and I'm going back to installing the original Speedcloth seats. While I thought this would be a pretty straight forward installation, I'm having issues with the seat belt tensioner/receptacle installation. Every thread and video I've seen shows that the receptacle bolts directly to the seat. However, my seat does not have a threaded receiver for this connection and the tensioner itself does not have a hole where a bolt could be placed through either. Can someone please enlighten me how this significant piece of safety equipment is fastened?

Many thanks in advance.
About a month late seeing this, but I happen to have a stock seat and receptacle in my apartment. I can take a few photos showing installation of the receptacle on the seat tomorrow if you still need it.
      11-02-2019, 09:12 AM   #3
airkingmt
United_States
Rep
Drives: C4S, E46 M3, E90 M3, GX460

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bartledoo View Post
About a month late seeing this, but I happen to have a stock seat and receptacle in my apartment. I can take a few photos showing installation of the receptacle on the seat tomorrow if you still need it.
Thanks for the response. I eventually managed to figure it out. The seat harness needed to be plugged in to raise the seat position. This allowed better access to the seat frame where the receptacle attaches. Pretty straight forward after that with installing hardware.
Appreciate 1
Bartledoo2691.50