BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > M3 (E90 / E92 / E93) > Regional Forums > USA - California

Mporium BMW

01-19-2012, 11:17 PM   #1
aus
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: Odysse

Laguna Seca with the CCA Friday, Feb 10 and Sat Feb 11

I didn't see this posted yet. It's only only weekend I can't make that month!!

It's pretty rare to have a 2 day event at Laguna Seca with one day being a weekend.

http://www.ggcbmwcca.org/calendar/ic...driving-school

Let me get this straight... You are swapping out parts designed by some of the top engineers in the world because some guys sponsored by a company told you it's "better??" But when you ask the same guy about tracking, "oh no, I have a kid now" or "I just detailed my car." or "i just got new tires."
Appreciate 0
      01-20-2012, 09:58 AM   #2
GOLFFRR
Rep
Drives: GOLFFRR cart

I was just at the driving school at the perf center wed and Matt and the crew were talking about an event in Feb they were flying out to at Leguna must be this one. I might have to go check this out!

BEFORE YOU BUY YOUR NEXT BMW, EMAIL OUR GUY KOTE FIRST!
Kote M Sales:Kotem@bmwofcamarillo.com Cell:805-368-9101
vipfinance@bmwofcamarillo.com for warranties!
Appreciate 0
      01-20-2012, 01:27 PM   #3
radsmd
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: E92 M3 SG/FR ZCP

I signed up for the event, but need to clear it with the wife. Time to take her shopping.
Appreciate 0
      01-20-2012, 01:43 PM   #4
aus
Major General
United_States
Rep

I KNEW you'd go!!!
I'm so pissed I can't make this one.
Let me get this straight... You are swapping out parts designed by some of the top engineers in the world because some guys sponsored by a company told you it's "better??" But when you ask the same guy about tracking, "oh no, I have a kid now" or "I just detailed my car." or "i just got new tires."
Appreciate 0
      01-22-2012, 07:42 PM   #5
radsmd
Private First Class
Rep

Anybody with recent experience with Laguna Seca and noise restrictions. I'm running an Eisenmann Sport exhaust and although I didn't have any problems last September, wanted to see if anybody had any more recent info. Trying to decide if it is worth it to put the oem exhaust back on for this event.
Appreciate 0
      01-22-2012, 08:50 PM   #6
OC ///M
Dr. Octagon
United_States
Rep
Drives: Moonstone e92 M3

^ I'll see you out there if you end up getting the clearance.
What run group did you sign up under?

Quote:
Anybody with recent experience with Laguna Seca and noise restrictions. I'm running an Eisenmann Sport exhaust and although I didn't have any problems last September, wanted to see if anybody had any more recent info. Trying to decide if it is worth it to put the oem exhaust back on for this event.
The noise limit out there is 92 db, according to this thread you should be fine if you still have your catalysts and are running an Eisenmann "Sport".

Anyone know the db level for the Akra Evo?

2013 E92 M3 Individual
Sold: 2011 E92 M3 SSII | Sold: 2008 E92 M3 SSII | Into a Wall: 2008 E92 M3 SSII | Sold: 2007 E92 335i JB

Last edited by OC ///M; 01-22-2012 at 09:02 PM..
Appreciate 0
      01-22-2012, 11:44 PM   #7
Blotman
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 08 E90 M3 6MT

I know some members here have been to this track with the Akra Evo system, and told me that their sound levels were fine prior to warming up, but start getting black flagged a couple sessions into the day.

Man, I reeeeeeaally wanna sign up, but should be saving the money for other less exciting crap.
Appreciate 0
      01-23-2012, 12:48 AM   #8
aus
Major General
United_States
Rep

rads, you'll be fine with a sport. My old exhaust was way louder than yours and i was fine.
For some reason, black flags seem to occur in the afternoon sessions.
I was just shifting early going up the hill where the sound person was.

Appreciate 0
      01-23-2012, 08:31 PM   #9
radsmd
Private First Class
Rep

That's good to "hear". Really didn't want to take the time and effort to put the oem exhaust back on.

I signed up for C's, since I'm still pretty tentative. Cleared for B's at the last BMW CCA event though.
Appreciate 0
      01-23-2012, 10:37 PM   #10
aus
Major General
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by radsmd View Post
That's good to "hear". Really didn't want to take the time and effort to put the oem exhaust back on.

I signed up for C's, since I'm still pretty tentative. Cleared for B's at the last BMW CCA event though.
Last time they did this track, the GG Chapter had a B/C run group.

What was your last event? Buttonwillow kicked my ass.

I'm hoping to make the Porsche event later this year.

Appreciate 0
      01-23-2012, 10:49 PM   #11
radsmd
Private First Class
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by aus
Quote:
Originally Posted by radsmd View Post

Last time they did this track, the GG Chapter had a B/C run group.

What was your last event? Buttonwillow kicked my ass.

I'm hoping to make the Porsche event later this year.

Last CCA event was at Willow Springs last month. Yeah, that weekend at Buttonwillow was tough because of the extreme heat. Can't wait to go back though.

Planning on Chuckwalla in March with the CCA. Actually thought about Chuckwalla this weekend with PCA, but couldn't get out of prior engagement.

Definitely sign up for the Laguna Seca event with the Porsche club this fall if they have it again.
Appreciate 0
      01-23-2012, 11:01 PM   #12
aus
Major General
United_States
Rep

Was it cold at Willow? You're damn fast there.

Let me know of any PCA events.
I'm in Cancun for Chuckwalla. The schedule has been bad for me this year.

Appreciate 0
      01-23-2012, 11:35 PM   #13
yyoo
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2011 E90 M3 DCT

Does the PCA allow non-members to run?
Appreciate 0
      01-23-2012, 11:48 PM   #14
radsmd
Private First Class
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by aus View Post
Was it cold at Willow? You're damn fast there.

Let me know of any PCA events.
I'm in Cancun for Chuckwalla. The schedule has been bad for me this year.

It was a little nippily. The car displayed 24 degrees as we exited the freeway in Rosamond. It warmed up a little.

Hmmm, Cancun or Chuckwalla. I think you will be having a better time south of the border.
Quote:
Originally Posted by yyoo View Post
Does the PCA allow non-members to run?
I asked them specifically about this and they are allowing nonmembers to run at this time, especially with the relatively low turnout currently with the economy and all. If they have a full roster, then they can limit it to PCA members only. Take advantage of it while you can.
Appreciate 0
      01-27-2012, 10:19 AM   #15
ltw 11
Private
Rep
Drives: E92 M3 - 997 GT3 RS

Thanks for posting. Two days are awesome!
      01-30-2012, 06:38 PM   #16
aus
Major General
United_States
Rep

Last day to sign up is suppose to be tomorrow.
Appreciate 0
      01-31-2012, 12:16 PM   #17
///m3d
Captain
Rep
Drives: E82 1M3 Clone 2.0 StreetClone

I will be there
Previous: 2005 E46 ///M3 - IB | M CLOTH, 1999 E36 ///M3/2/5 DINAN S3 - Estoril | BLK, 1999 E36 ///M3/2/5 - TiAg | BLK, 1998 E36 ///M3/4/5 - Estoril | BLK, 2005 E46 ///M3 - SG | CIN, 2002 E39 ///M5 - TiAg | BLK, 2010 E92 ///M3 - LMB | BLK, 2008 E90 ///M3 - IB | BLK, 2006 E46 ///M3 - IR | CIN
Appreciate 0
      02-01-2012, 12:21 AM   #18
radsmd
Private First Class
Rep

Only a couple more hours to sign up. I am definitely there.
Appreciate 0
      02-13-2012, 04:57 PM   #19
aus
Major General
United_States
Rep

Bump for any comments on the event.
Appreciate 0
      02-13-2012, 07:37 PM   #20
radsmd
Private First Class
Rep

Like all BMW CCA events, it was well run, very safety oriented, great instructors. Unfortunately, there was also a lot of downtime, enough that they could have run a 5th session each day if they wanted to. Also, there was quite a bit of traffic on the track, probably due to having people misplaced as far as run groups go. They had a combined A/B, C, and 2 D groups. I ran in the C group and there were a couple drivers who definitely should have been in the D group.

It rained in the afternoon of the first day and all day the second day, but it wasn't as bad as I thought. It sure gets slippery out there though.

Overall a good event. Definitely worth the drive from San Diego. We need more 2 day events, especially at Laguna and Infineon.
Appreciate 0
      02-13-2012, 07:53 PM   #21
aus
Major General
United_States
Rep

Or you should have been in the A/B group!! I hope they have another one. Sounds like it was pretty well attended?

What tires are you running?

Last year, they said Infineon is too expensive. I was hoping the POC would have an event there, but it doesn't look like it's one that will have instructors.

Appreciate 0
      02-13-2012, 08:08 PM   #22
radsmd
Private First Class
Rep

No, definitely not a A/B yet. There were some pretty fast people out there. They just need to do a better job of putting/moving people into the appropriate level.

I'm still running PS2's, but will prob get either AD08s or RE11s soon. Will prob stick with my stock ZCP 19's rather than dedicated track wheels.
Appreciate 0