BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > M3 (E90 / E92 / E93) > M3 Photos/Video/Media Gallery

Mporium BMW

08-13-2020, 10:26 AM   #23
Cyberdemon
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: 2020 X5 40i, 2018 M3 Comp

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sandye90m3 View Post
I mean, what baffles me is people want to play a premium on a car because of the options like EDC and Competition Package.

At the end of the day, the M3 without these packages is 95% of the same car as the M3 with those packages, yet people pay +30%+ for the car.

And lastly, like guys we are just driving an M3. Don't get me wrong, great great car, but like this isn't no Bugatti or Ferrari special edition here...
This isn't unusual for any car on the used car market.

You're right, you get 90% of the same stuff, but most people who are shopping used figure they might as well "Get the extra 10%", and generally those do carry a premium, but they'll help on resale as well.

I probably would've been fine going with a base E90 and just throwing 359's on it and calling it a day, but those cars weren't any more plentiful to find on my search.
      08-13-2020, 10:41 AM   #24
br2wdc
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2011 BMW M3 E90 LMB

The previous owner of my car bought it from EAG 5+ years ago, and I think you nailed their business plan: find unique, well cared for cars, put their own "value add" and sell them for a premium price.

EAG sets the market because they go the extra mile and do their own due diligence with every car to make it "perfect". That is their "value add" and people are willing to pay extra for that. I think BaT does something similar but with a auction model instead of a straight sales model.

For me I am fortunate (so far) to find my BMW's directly from the seller and use a PPI and Carfax and any receipts for service work to do my own due diligence so I don't have to pay that premium EAG charges.

But EAG fills a premium slot/niche in the market, and they would not still be in business if they haven't executed at a high level. I admire what they are doing though I am guessing I will never be a customer ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Merlin_83 View Post
I've known about EAG since 2014 - and I don't know how they do it, but they find incredibly low mileage M cars, often finding many 'unicorns' per se. And they do fetch a premium for sure, but I tend to agree that EAG may actually be helping to keep prices elevated. This is good for M car owners in general, but the flip side is they do overprice cars - in some cases insanely overpriced.

BaT has become my go-to in finding cool or unique BMW's

2011 E90 M3 | Le Mans Blue | DCT | Slicktop
“The end is inevitable Maverick, your kind is headed for extinction” … “maybe so sir, but not today” – Tom Cruise in Top Gun: Maverick
Previous: 2006 E90 330i | 6MT -- 2001 E39 540i | 6MT -- 1997 E36 M3 | Techno Violet | 5MT
Appreciate 1
Merlin_83473.50
      08-13-2020, 12:32 PM   #25
PYE46M3
Captain
Rep
Drives: E46 M3, E92 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by jiggz View Post
Where/when did they claim that?

Can you cite your source?
1:30-2:20

Appreciate 1
br2wdc275.50
      08-13-2020, 12:51 PM   #26
DRLane
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: E92 M3

Garage List
2008 m3  [6.63]
Quote:
Originally Posted by PYE46M3 View Post
Quote:
Where/when did they claim that?

Can you cite your source?
1:30-2:20

Mostly I see, a nice collection of cars being serviced and restored. Sure many shops can repaint to factory condition, I agree there!

But few if any shops do that as a prerequisite to sell their fleet. Their intention appears to be, sell a factory condition vehicle where possible. What's the problem here?
PTRAN314.50
Frozen570.00
      08-13-2020, 06:49 PM   #27
PYE46M3
Captain
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by DRLane View Post
Mostly I see, a nice collection of cars being serviced and restored. Sure many shops can repaint to factory condition, I agree there!

But few if any shops do that as a prerequisite to sell their fleet. Their intention appears to be, sell a factory condition vehicle where possible. What's the problem here?
The shops that don’t do it also don’t have the prices EAG charges. EAG is good for people who can’t wrench or polish paint themselves. Some of their cars are super low mileage yes but the ones with some actual miles on them are
Nothing out of the ordinary. They’re just your average used bmw with repainted paneers and factory requires routine maintenance. One would be fool to think their E92s have TAs rapaired or rob bearings replaced. Same thing with their e46. None have their subframes reinforced, vanos issues worked out or bearings swapped... and you’re still paying a pretty penny for a car that can blow the engine the minute you step off the lot.
Appreciate 2
DRLane3988.50
E92M3GT101.00
      08-14-2020, 12:30 AM   #28
DRLane
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep

Garage List
2008 m3  [6.63]
Quote:
Quote:

The shops that don't do it also don't have the prices EAG charges. EAG is good for people who can't wrench or polish paint themselves. Some of their cars are super low mileage yes but the ones with some actual miles on them are
Nothing out of the ordinary. They're just your average used bmw with repainted paneers and factory requires routine maintenance. One would be fool to think their E92s have TAs rapaired or rob bearings replaced. Same thing with their e46. None have their subframes reinforced, vanos issues worked out or bearings swapped... and you're still paying a pretty penny for a car that can blow the engine the minute you step off the lot.
You're absolutely correct! And that's their market. It ain't me...
      08-14-2020, 02:51 PM   #29
rjd598
Banned
United_States
Rep
Drives: F30 340i

Garage List
2016 BMW 340i  [0.00]
Quote:
The shops that don’t do it also don’t have the prices EAG charges. EAG is good for people who can’t wrench or polish paint themselves. Some of their cars are super low mileage yes but the ones with some actual miles on them are
Nothing out of the ordinary. They’re just your average used bmw with repainted paneers and factory requires routine maintenance. One would be fool to think their E92s have TAs rapaired or rob bearings replaced. Same thing with their e46. None have their subframes reinforced, vanos issues worked out or bearings swapped... and you’re still paying a pretty penny for a car that can blow the engine the minute you step off the lot.
See I didn't know they don't address the main issues of these cars. Price would be much more worth it if you were handed a mechanically clean car.
Appreciate 0
      08-14-2020, 05:04 PM   #30
GRUESOM3
Major
Rep
Drives: 3 NA cars and 1 Turbo car

I think their cars are catered to the suit and tie people that don't have a clue how a car is put together that want to flex and join the club that they got kicked out of in high school.
Appreciate 0
      08-14-2020, 06:14 PM   #31
DRLane
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep

Garage List
2008 m3  [6.63]
Quote:
Originally Posted by GRUESOM3 View Post
I think their cars are catered to the suit and tie people that don't have a clue how a car is put together that want to flex and join the club that they got kicked out of in high school.
By what, buying a used M car? I don't think these are a flex in any color or spec combo. 95% of drivers wouldn't notice one drive by.
      08-18-2020, 12:42 PM   #32
PYE46M3
Captain
Rep

perfect example of another over-rated hyped up EAG car soon to be sold to some sucker near you for 70 grand. For a 32k mile car, it has one too many flawed body panels. But of course EAG is already praising how "fantastic" this car is... followed by all the blind youtube subscribes leaving comments about this car being flawless... people obviously can't think for themselves.

Lets dissect this "quality control"... keep in mind this is a car with 32k miles... not a 100k

0:56 hood is already trashed by dozens of rock chips in almost the middle 1/3 of the hood. can't imagine how bad the nose is !
1:02 several chips and scratches on drivers fender, sure I can leave with that...
1:46 evidence of prior paint work on both drivers side doors.... Both driver side doors as well as front and rear bumpers will now be repainted.
1:54 another rock chip in the rear 1/4... few cars manage to get rock chips in this area. sure i might be anal about this one
2:05 rear bumper and diffuser will need to be refinished.
2:20 finally our first perfect panel... trunk SEEMS free of cosmetic flaws.

can't comment too much on the passenger side of the car as he goes through it quickly but we will give it the benefit of the doubt, along with the roof.

so for what will probably be priced at 70k, you will get a 32k E39 with repainted front and rear bumpers, both drivers doors and a hood that also needs to be resprayed.... I don't know about the rest of you guys, but if im buying a 32k mile car, I expect original finish on all body panels. I expect to see a few scratches on the front bumper which can be resprayed depending on how anal the buyer is and a few rock chips on the hood to be touched up. the rest of the car should look new after compound/polish.... so for 70 grand you're paying for about 5 thousand dollars worth of cosmetic work on a car with 40% of its panels already resprayed at 32k....

so tell me, how many of you with more than 75k on your E9X have had or will need this much paint work on your car?? This ladies and gents is "EAG level exceptional gem"... or what I call a joke
Appreciate 0
      08-18-2020, 12:54 PM   #33
DRLane
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep

Garage List
2008 m3  [6.63]
Quote:

perfect example of another over-rated hyped up EAG car soon to be sold to some sucker near you for 70 grand. For a 32k mile car, it has one too many flawed body panels. But of course EAG is already praising how "fantastic" this car is... followed by all the blind youtube subscribes leaving comments about this car being flawless... people obviously can't think for themselves.

Lets dissect this "quality control"... keep in mind this is a car with 32k miles... not a 100k

0:56 hood is already trashed by dozens of rock chips in almost the middle 1/3 of the hood. can't imagine how bad the nose is !
1:02 several chips and scratches on drivers fender, sure I can leave with that...
1:46 evidence of prior paint work on both drivers side doors.... Both driver side doors as well as front and rear bumpers will now be repainted.
1:54 another rock chip in the rear 1/4... few cars manage to get rock chips in this area. sure i might be anal about this one
2:05 rear bumper and diffuser will need to be refinished.
2:20 finally our first perfect panel... trunk SEEMS free of cosmetic flaws.

can't comment too much on the passenger side of the car as he goes through it quickly but we will give it the benefit of the doubt, along with the roof.

so for what will probably be priced at 70k, you will get a 32k E39 with repainted front and rear bumpers, both drivers doors and a hood that also needs to be resprayed.... I don't know about the rest of you guys, but if im buying a 32k mile car, I expect original finish on all body panels. I expect to see a few scratches on the front bumper which can be resprayed depending on how anal the buyer is and a few rock chips on the hood to be touched up. the rest of the car should look new after compound/polish.... so for 70 grand you're paying for about 5 thousand dollars worth of cosmetic work on a car with 40% of its panels already resprayed at 32k....

so tell me, how many of you with more than 75k on your E9X have had or will need this much paint work on your car?? This ladies and gents is "EAG level exceptional gem"... or what I call a joke
What are you complaining about? That's clearly a before/ upon AEG acquisition. Later in the video it's being sanded down to be repainted.

All this effort complaining about their intent to offer well cared for cars to buyers is weird. What are you hoping to achieve?
      08-18-2020, 01:16 PM   #34
PYE46M3
Captain
Rep

Quote:
What are you complaining about? That's clearly a before/ upon AEG acquisition. Later in the video it's being sanded down to be repainted.

All this effort complaining about their intent to offer well cared for cars to buyers is weird. What are you hoping to achieve?
You missed the point... its not well cared for, especially for 32k miles and its not factory paint work.... It is merely a refurbished E39 sold at an insane price for what it is... especially considering all the unnecessary work that is required for such low mileage car to be acceptable again
Appreciate 0
      08-18-2020, 01:42 PM   #35
DRLane
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep

Garage List
2008 m3  [6.63]
Quote:
Quote:

You missed the point... its not well cared for, especially for 32k miles and its not factory paint work.... It is merely a refurbished E39 sold at an insane price for what it is... especially considering all the unnecessary work that is required for such low mileage car to be acceptable again
Paint scratches, rock chips, small bits of repray = not well cared for? That's nonsense.

It's an e39 with 30k miles before the proliferation of PPF and ceramic coatings. They're acutely aware of its likely sell price, it's not just "sold for an insane price". And the video is provide transparency to the next buyer.

My point is this exchange, complaint fest is a waste of time.
      08-18-2020, 05:46 PM   #36
PYE46M3
Captain
Rep

Quote:
Paint scratches, rock chips, small bits of repray = not well cared for? That's nonsense.

It's an e39 with 30k miles before the proliferation of PPF and ceramic coatings. They're acutely aware of its likely sell price, it's not just "sold for an insane price". And the video is provide transparency to the next buyer.

how many 30k miles cars on the road without PPF have a hood that looks like it has 100k miles on it ? You don’t need ceramic coating to have scratch free bumpers. cars condition including prior repaired doors is simply unacceptable for the mileage. And that kind of history doesn’t demand a 70k asking price. 40% of this car is now resprayed.
Appreciate 1
WWM3968.00
      08-18-2020, 07:55 PM   #37
DRLane
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep

Garage List
2008 m3  [6.63]
Quote:
Quote:

how many 30k miles cars on the road without PPF have a hood that looks like it has 100k miles on it ? You don't need ceramic coating to have scratch free bumpers. cars condition including prior repaired doors is simply unacceptable for the mileage. And that kind of history doesn't demand a 70k asking price. 40% of this car is now resprayed.
Depends on where you live in the country and what's left on the roads. Car could be fully resprayed and it wouldn't change anything. Ultimately, I think we can agree a buyer will decide what they consider fair with their money.

Aside from forum banter, what is it to you? You have yet to answer why it's your prerogative to fixate on their business? Doesn't sound like you're buying their inventory, and I can promise you a serious AEG buyer doesn't consider your opinion worth a second thought.
      08-18-2020, 09:54 PM   #38
jiggz
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: E90 M3|F15 X5 50i

people still complaining, moaning, and posting about EAG on this site after all these years they've been around...

I'm 100% certain nobody on this forum is being forced to buy a car from them.

For the buyer with lots of $ and no interest, time, space, tools, etc. to turn a wrench, it makes for a nice place to buy a turn-key BMW ///M car.
Appreciate 1
br2wdc275.50
      08-18-2020, 10:22 PM   #39
LatifE90
Latif
United_States
Rep
Drives: E90 Slicktop

Sometime last year I saw a white e90 on here for
sale white exterior and fox red interior with about 49k miles (somewhere around there). Car was priced at around $42k I think.. I was pretty set on flying out to
make the purchase the second day but it sold by the time I reached out. EAG bought it and posted it for $50k weeks after.
I called because I was so desperate for this car and the gentleman I spoke to was really helpful with sending an email with tons of pictures and a few maintenance records (things like tires and oil change).
I asked him if the rod bearings were ever replaced and he said no they don't need to be replaced unless the car is supercharged or running aftermarket pulleys which "puts stress" on the motor. As soon as I heard that I asked if he was familiar with MRF Engineering and how they performed over 300 rod bearing jobs.. with proof of STOCK engine's failing due to that. He disagreed with me and tried to convince me otherwise.
Btw two months after buying my current e90 my rod bearings failed and I had MRF replace the S65. My car had 67k miles with 0 modifications and running the correct oil since day one. All they did was give it a good detail and replace the rear michelin super sports. And of course the time to document all of this work. $8,000 later I still was up to buy the M3 but that whole conversation with him trying to convince me rod bearings never have to be replaced really turned me off. Don't get me wrong the cars they have are spotless and they even buy them back if the owner decides to sell. Just sharing my experience not trying to throw shade. Clean cars for a price
      08-19-2020, 12:44 AM   #40
PYE46M3
Captain
Rep

Quote:

Aside from forum banter, what is it to you? You have yet to answer why it's your prerogative to fixate on their business?
Why? Because non-sense and excessive hype about this particular refurb shop and their inventory. To me they're just another dishonest and sleazy used car dealer. I've followed their inventory for 8+ years and been to their shop and seen their cars in person. I hate seeing misinformation about this shop on a BMW FORUM and hate to see members fall for their tactics.

Quote:
it makes for a nice place to buy a turn-key BMW ///M car.
Here is another non-sense post praising EAG. Please explain how they are turn-key cars when their E92s don't come with preventative rod bearing or TA repairs. Their E46 don't have their rod bearings swapped, vanos issues worked out and subframes reinforced. If your definition of turn key is a freshly sprayed bumper then be it. I don't see how you can claim to be gods gift to ///M enthusiasts and sell cars that can blow motors the minute they leave the lot. Especially when there is clear evidence of factory design flaws across multiple chassis yet they choose to turn a blind eye to it and be ignorant about it. To me, its laughable, especially given the insane asking prices they charge for a layer of wax and fresh set of tires.
Appreciate 0
      08-19-2020, 08:05 AM   #41
br2wdc
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2011 BMW M3 E90 LMB

I am certainly biased since the previous owner purchased my car from EAG, but I would like to clarify your main point: EAG is dishonest and sleazy because they are only doing cosmetic work and not mechanically addressing BMW's engineering short falls for RB and TA?

If that is your point, then I must ask: Is there a single BMW dealer in the entire USA selling used E9x M3's that is mechanically fixing these flaws before selling the car?

I am pretty certain the answer is "No", so if we take your logic a step further, then an apples to apples comparison would suggest that every BMW dealer is then "dishonest and sleazy"?

My argument/question is this: Is it fair that you are holding EAG to higher standard then every single BMW dealer in the country?

Quote:
Why? Because non-sense and excessive hype about this particular refurb shop and their inventory. To me they're just another dishonest and sleazy used car dealer. I've followed their inventory for 8+ years and been to their shop and seen their cars in person. I hate seeing misinformation about this shop on a BMW FORUM and hate to see members fall for their tactics.

Here is another non-sense post praising EAG. Please explain how they are turn-key cars when their E92s don't come with preventative rod bearing or TA repairs. Their E46 don't have their rod bearings swapped, vanos issues worked out and subframes reinforced. If your definition of turn key is a freshly sprayed bumper then be it. I don't see how you can claim to be gods gift to ///M enthusiasts and sell cars that can blow motors the minute they leave the lot. Especially when there is clear evidence of factory design flaws across multiple chassis yet they choose to turn a blind eye to it and be ignorant about it. To me, its laughable, especially given the insane asking prices they charge for a layer of wax and fresh set of tires.

2011 E90 M3 | Le Mans Blue | DCT | Slicktop
“The end is inevitable Maverick, your kind is headed for extinction” … “maybe so sir, but not today” – Tom Cruise in Top Gun: Maverick
Previous: 2006 E90 330i | 6MT -- 2001 E39 540i | 6MT -- 1997 E36 M3 | Techno Violet | 5MT
Appreciate 0
      08-19-2020, 08:20 AM   #42
DRLane
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep

Garage List
2008 m3  [6.63]
Quote:
Quote:

Aside from forum banter, what is it to you? You have yet to answer why it's your prerogative to fixate on their business?

Quote:
it makes for a nice place to buy a turn-key BMW ///M car.
And that's fair for you not to like them. No one is arguing that point.

AEG is a used car shop. Their distinction is they seek out well maintained rare M cars and explicitly sell those cars as close to factory as possible. They're giving folks the new car experience on a 20yr vehicle. Are there varied chassis and engine problems with select models. Absolutely, but that's for the buyer to decide to address. Same as when folks bought these new off the showroom.

Would it be neat if they would replace bearing, strengthen chassis weak points, etc? Definitely, but to a point earlier that's nearly impossible on $8-$10k of margin.

No one is singing their praises. It's a fact they sell rare cars that are generally in excellent "refurbished" shape at a premium. For some that's a worth paying for. Sounds like we're in the same camp of "not for me". I'm just suggesting we leave it at that.
PTRAN314.50
      08-19-2020, 09:55 AM   #43
GRUESOM3
Major
Rep
Drives: 3 NA cars and 1 Turbo car

You also save a lot of time through eag , to some that's crucial. Not everyone has the time to go take the car to body shops, repair shops etc to get the car sorted.
Appreciate 0
      08-19-2020, 01:13 PM   #44
PYE46M3
Captain
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by br2wdc View Post
I would like to clarify your main point: EAG is dishonest and sleazy because they are only doing cosmetic work and not mechanically addressing BMW's engineering short falls for RB and TA?
No, because they have lied about the condition and history of some of their cars previously, they blatantly ignore well documented failure points and twist facts and clear evidence to suit their benefit. Many more examples which is not necessary to dig into but I've closely watched their business model for several years now and seen them scoop up certain cars and sell them a certain way later.

Like I said earlier myself, if you don't know how to change oil or wax a car yourself and have plenty of cash to burn they may be a good cosmetic shop for you.
Appreciate 0