BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > E90/E92 M3 Technical Topics > Wash, Wax, Detail, Cosmetic Maintenance & Repairs

Mporium BMW

06-14-2020, 10:08 AM   #23
JPWEraser
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2016 Corvette Z06/Z07

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoCalRPM View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by wfdeacon88 View Post
Pan the organizer is a total Joke.
Of topic, but out of curiosity, why do you not like Pan? He's super quirky, sure. Just wondering!
It's probably, at least in part, because the guy does sponsored product reviews.

It's a point of contention but I don't know why. Literally everyone on YouTube that has ads on their videos is sponsored. They all secretly hope to unlock the mystery of the YouTube algorithm and hit the ad revenue jackpot. Might not be sponsored by the company/product in question but they're still getting monetary gain because of it.
Appreciate 1
rjd5981769.50
      06-14-2020, 11:56 AM   #24
SoCalRPM
Captain
Rep
Drives: e92 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by JPWEraser View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by SoCalRPM View Post
Quote:
Pan the organizer is a total Joke.
Of topic, but out of curiosity, why do you not like Pan? He's super quirky, sure. Just wondering!
It's probably, at least in part, because the guy does sponsored product reviews.

It's a point of contention but I don't know why. Literally everyone on YouTube that has ads on their videos is sponsored. They all secretly hope to unlock the mystery of the YouTube algorithm and hit the ad revenue jackpot. Might not be sponsored by the company/product in question but they're still getting monetary gain because of it.
Of course, I do appreciate/prefer unbiased reviews on YouTube but when ads or reviews are sponsored, I'm at least okay if they're upfront about it. Hiding or obfuscating that point is bogus and I'm not interested in watching that. I will agree that Pan has gotten a lot more sponsored reviews I've the last few months/years than when I first saw his channel.
Appreciate 0
      06-14-2020, 02:23 PM   #25
b4hand
Captain
Rep
Drives: 2011 ZCP M3

How soon did you put beadmaker on top? I know collinite sometimes needs a few days, and in that time the car will get hazy. If you put beadmaker on top right after you applied collinite, then you need to strip everything off and start over. Apply collinite and wait like 3 days. It will haze but you can wash it off. Then apply beadmaker heavily the first time.
Appreciate 0
      06-15-2020, 09:11 AM   #26
M43S7RO
Major
Rep
Drives: Jerez Black E92 M3

The collinite was applied in early February, the beadmaker was applied within the last month. I had seen on obsessed garage that collinite can haze after some heat exposure but I didn't experience that, maybe because my car was in the garage for days after application.

I'm gonna strip the hood and reapply the sealant & wax as soon as I get a little time.

Quote:
Originally Posted by b4hand View Post
How soon did you put beadmaker on top? I know collinite sometimes needs a few days, and in that time the car will get hazy. If you put beadmaker on top right after you applied collinite, then you need to strip everything off and start over. Apply collinite and wait like 3 days. It will haze but you can wash it off. Then apply beadmaker heavily the first time.
      07-09-2020, 08:20 AM   #27
Danny271
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2009 E93 M3

Quote:
so you didn't even watch it? Pan the organizer is a total Joke. The video I posted is on the internet, but it's also the best most technical reviewer of sealants and coatings I've ever seen, and he's not paid for his review by companies. Just watch it. I don't get oddly attached or defensive about products just because I like it... If it's a shit product, it's a shit product... beadmaker is a total shit product. case closed. if you want to waste money, that's on you
So I take it you haven’t used Bead Maker since you’re avoiding the question, hah!
Appreciate 0