BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > M3 (E90 / E92 / E93) > Regional Forums > USA - Southwest

EXXEL Distributions

04-28-2010, 11:46 PM   #4005
JC919
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: CSL

^You finally f***ing notice
2002 M5, SSII/Blk and bone stock. In storage back home in TX
2008 M3, AW/Blk 6MT, lots of track stuff SOLD
Appreciate 0
      04-28-2010, 11:48 PM   #4006
Nawaaz
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: .

Quote:
Originally Posted by JC919 View Post
^You finally f***ing notice
What can I say, some of the most precious body parts are not appreciated as much as they should be.

*GULP* Did I just say that??
Appreciate 0
      04-29-2010, 12:02 AM   #4007
Res Ipsa
Local LOLyer
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2008 E92 M3

Garage List
2008 BMW 335i  [0.00]
I hope I can remember how I hardwired my Valentine 1 in the 335i. I assume it's the same in my M3.
      04-29-2010, 12:08 AM   #4008
Nawaaz
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Res Ipsa View Post
I hope I can remember how I hardwired my Valentine 1 in the 335i. I assume it's the same in my M3.
I'm assuming it may be the same way, perhaps?

Here's a DIY that I spotted: http://www.m3post.com/forums/showthread.php?t=201539

Hope it helps.
Appreciate 0
      04-29-2010, 12:41 AM   #4009
thatarchitect
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 08 E92 M3 6MT & 2008 Yamaha R6

Quote:
Its easy. I did it with just the stuff the V1 comes with. Let me know if you have any questions. I recommend taking the headliner down more than just cramming your hand in. It seemed like I was stretching out the headliner doing it the way one of the DIYs said.
      04-29-2010, 01:45 AM   #4010
Nawaaz
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep

Please check out my new thread everyone: http://www.m3post.com/forums/showthread.php?t=380604

Thank you!
Appreciate 0
      04-29-2010, 07:00 AM   #4011
ploo
slow in, slow out
Rep
Drives: E92 M3, 997.2 GT3

Quote:
Originally Posted by DevJ View Post
Just thought I'd give yall an update on my life-

Drove down to sherman,tx today because my dad had a myocardial infarction. I'm sure some of you guys know my dad is an interventional cardiologist, quite ironic for him to have a heart attack. Anyways, one of his fellow cardiologist friends that he went to school with in India did a cath on him and cleared all his blockage with a stent, thankfully. All of the cardiologists at this hospital were commending him because apparently this was one of the most difficult caths they have ever seen before. If he had not succeeded my dad would have to have a bypass surgery.

Thankfully my dad will be ok
Wow, I just got back to dallas last night and finally got a chance to check the forums and saw this...really glad your dad is okay, i'm sure he went to the cath lab so quickly that it minimized damage to his cardiac tissue...but how very fortunate and unfortunate at the same time. Hope your family is recovering well from the shock and let us know if there's anything we can do, there's really nothing more important than good health, not even cars.

Hope you can make it to the meet anyway!
      04-29-2010, 07:01 AM   #4012
ploo
slow in, slow out
Rep

Quote:
Excellent Choice..time for a tune, hfcs, and a resonator delete

great, i just watched c63 videos for 20 mins before this post. dammit, i need an exhaust pronto
      04-29-2010, 07:03 AM   #4013
ploo
slow in, slow out
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nawaaz View Post
Is not.

hahahehe Thanks man. Speaking of Ferrari, I'm going to the unveiling of the 458 Italia this evening, which is held at Boardwalk Ferrari in Plano.

I'll take plenty of pics and will post up the thread on this forum, and on DFW Auto Club.

I'm very excited! (Plus, somehow I managed to convince my wife to come along with my daughter!! Yipeeeeeeeeeee! )
give it up, how was the unveiling? i need to show my head around boardwalk (instead of just driving around the building after hours) more often. they haven't given me any love lately, i would have changed travel plans to make the 458 reveal! what a special feat of engineering it really is...i'm excited to start seeing them around!
      04-29-2010, 08:20 AM   #4014
Buschy
Colonel
Rep
Drives: F80 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by JC919 View Post
Sorry guys, I've been gone for a while. Been test driving other stuff

nice, im shopping for a BU right now.
      04-29-2010, 10:19 AM   #4015
DevJ
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: R8 V10+/YMB M4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blake View Post
wow! lucky guy. heart disease is hereditary in my family, and couple with my love for red meat and beer, the customary bypass is unfortunately more than likely in my future.
He was very lucky. Thankfully he was at work when it happened. Heart disease is a terrible thing. He's always been extremely healthy, but now he had everything checked out in his body so he will be living a long, good life I'm going to pick up an iPad 3G for him and give it to him Saturday. It's really useful for him, he can look up patients info when he's on the go at the hospital, it's actually perfect for him. Little gift from me that I think he'll enjoy
Quote:
Sorry to hear about what happened with your dad.

I'm very happy that he's much better now.
Thanks for the kind words Nawaaz, I appreciate it

Quote:
Originally Posted by ploo View Post
Wow, I just got back to dallas last night and finally got a chance to check the forums and saw this...really glad your dad is okay, i'm sure he went to the cath lab so quickly that it minimized damage to his cardiac tissue...but how very fortunate and unfortunate at the same time. Hope your family is recovering well from the shock and let us know if there's anything we can do, there's really nothing more important than good health, not even cars.

Hope you can make it to the meet anyway!
Yeah it was extremely quick! Thankfully a family friend (another doctor that graduate in Cardiology with my dad) was there when it happened. I'm extremely proud of the doctor that did the stent, he did an amazing job. I saw the blockage on the computer machines before and after and he did an outstanding job. If anyone ever has heart problems, let me know, he's the guy to go to. He also has an office in Plano,TX.

By the way Phil, I will be installing my hfcs and xpipe this Saturday, feel free to come with Soorena, Nawaaz, and I to where we will be installing them!
http://www.bimmerpost.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=133578&d=1204654487[/IMG]
Appreciate 0
      04-29-2010, 10:38 AM   #4016
ploo
slow in, slow out
Rep

Quote:
By the way Phil, I will be installing my hfcs and xpipe this Saturday, feel free to come with Soorena, Nawaaz, and I to where we will be installing them!
i'd be honored to come, i'll text you later to get the details

was it your dad's anatomy that made the stent particularly difficult? do you know what region of which artery was occluded? sorry i'm just a nerd...and yeah since he got fluoro i'm sure they took a good hard look at the rest of his coronary vessels so no more surprises!

definitely have to stay healthy, as i was hiking around cinque terre i thought there's no way i could enjoy this as much if i wasn't able bodied...plus my heart rate definitely increased several times during my hour-long bonding session with my car this morning (first drive in 27 days!)
      04-29-2010, 11:39 AM   #4017
Blake
Banned
No_Country
Rep
Drives: Chevy Aveo

gt-r is coming along.... http://www.m3post.com/forums/showthr...21#post7222721 - pics inside!
Appreciate 0
      04-29-2010, 12:25 PM   #4018
ploo
slow in, slow out
Rep

Quote:
gt-r is coming along.... http://www.m3post.com/forums/showthr...21#post7222721 - pics inside!
siiick car, when's it going to be done/when are you moving back to dallas to flog it around here?
      04-29-2010, 01:33 PM   #4019
Blake
Banned
No_Country
Rep
Drives: Chevy Aveo

Quote:
siiick car, when's it going to be done/when are you moving back to dallas to flog it around here?
i don't know right now. i just spent my moving money on mods so probably another few months.
Appreciate 0
      04-29-2010, 01:41 PM   #4020
golfinz
Captain
Rep
Drives: Tanzanite M3

God your car is sick Blake! Cant wait to see this thing in person
Appreciate 0
      04-29-2010, 02:24 PM   #4021
DevJ
Colonel
United_States
Rep

Quote:
i'd be honored to come, i'll text you later to get the details

was it your dad's anatomy that made the stent particularly difficult? do you know what region of which artery was occluded? sorry i'm just a nerd...and yeah since he got fluoro i'm sure they took a good hard look at the rest of his coronary vessels so no more surprises!

definitely have to stay healthy, as i was hiking around cinque terre i thought there's no way i could enjoy this as much if i wasn't able bodied...plus my heart rate definitely increased several times during my hour-long bonding session with my car this morning (first drive in 27 days!)
cool! It'll be fun. Yeah my dad had 100% blockage in his lad!! You probably know, but the blockage in this part of the heart is notoriously known as the 'widow maker'. He was extremely luck, he had stent put in asap. I'm here at the hospital right now and he's doing fine. MIs are in out family history so it kinda sucks I'm very thankful though, the majority of dads side of his family have died from MIs and were younger than 50. My dads 57!!
http://www.bimmerpost.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=133578&d=1204654487[/IMG]
Appreciate 0
      04-29-2010, 02:25 PM   #4022
Nawaaz
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep

Quote:
give it up, how was the unveiling? i need to show my head around boardwalk (instead of just driving around the building after hours) more often. they haven't given me any love lately, i would have changed travel plans to make the 458 reveal! what a special feat of engineering it really is...i'm excited to start seeing them around!
Too much of a crowd blocking the views, but I did get a few glances.

Sounded amazing. I took off early, since it was too congested for me.

Sorry, didn't manage to take pics since it was difficult.
Appreciate 0
      04-29-2010, 05:48 PM   #4023
1992_325i
Private
Rep
Drives: 1992 325i

Quote:
1.) You're right, I am not in position to get into a Ferrari at this stage of my life, and I proudly admit to this fact. I am 24 years old, and I consider myself very fortunate to even be in a M3.

2.) I helplessly drool in the Ferrari show room because I have intense dreams of owning one. I became so convinced of my dream, that I even approached the manager of Boardwalk Ferrari, and specifically told him that I will be back in 5 years and I will buy a vehicle from him. If I don't accomplish my goal, I simply don't. And I don't lose anything from dreaming, since I'm a strong believer in that dreams really do help you get much further in life.

3.) The post where I said that I would trade my soul for a Scud was a humorous post which was meant to add to the other posts which were before mine. The other users' posts mentioned of how they could get into one as well, and they were sarcastic about it too.

So to answer your question, I do gain a heck of a lot of inspiration from spending some time in a Ferrari show room admiring the fine cars. I will not give up hope, and I will keep working diligently in order to get into such a vehicle.

Please wish me luck.

Thank you, sir.
thank you for the thoughtful response, sir.

for me, i try to enjoy what i have now. looking ahead for the next best car when im not ready to buy makes appreciating what i have difficult. good luck
Appreciate 0
      04-29-2010, 09:30 PM   #4024
ploo
slow in, slow out
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1992_325i View Post
thank you for the thoughtful response, sir.

for me, i try to enjoy what i have now. looking ahead for the next best car when im not ready to buy makes appreciating what i have difficult. good luck
+1; i'll be very happy for you if you get your F car in 5 years Nawaaz...and very happy to be your friend are you shooting for a scud? who knows, maybe you'll be into the 458 by then...there is definitely something special about them, the scud with carbon package is sooo sick in person, i've seen 6-7 (i lost count) different ones in dallas! when i assemble my dream collection i can never decide on grigio silverstone with silver stripes/yellow calipers and yellow deviating stitching inside or white with grey stripes/yellow calipers and yellow deviating stitching inside, heh heh heh

as for me my next one will very likely be a P car - some variant of a GT3 - but i'll try my best to wait 6 if not 8 years, so meanwhile i'll just live vicariously through you...gotta keep working hard

Quote:
Too much of a crowd blocking the views, but I did get a few glances.

Sounded amazing. I took off early, since it was too congested for me.

Sorry, didn't manage to take pics since it was difficult.
i wonder how much of the crowd were there socially as opposed to being interested in car itself...i really half expected to get a glimpse at it this morning, i guess that show model probably has quite a few stops to make in the coming weeks...

as long as you can stomach the running costs and the shens you have to go through to get on the list for a new model ferrari, i think it's worth experiencing at least once in our short life, if we are lucky enough to have the chance.

Quote:
cool! It'll be fun. Yeah my dad had 100% blockage in his lad!! You probably know, but the blockage in this part of the heart is notoriously known as the 'widow maker'. He was extremely luck, he had stent put in asap. I'm here at the hospital right now and he's doing fine. MIs are in out family history so it kinda sucks I'm very thankful though, the majority of dads side of his family have died from MIs and were younger than 50. My dads 57!!
yeah, they call it the widowmaker for a reason...again, very happy that your dad is going to be just fine. sounds like a med school application essay in the making, if you ask me...anyway medicine is really awesome. you get to sleep well at night knowing you made a difference that day.

Quote:
i don't know right now. i just spent my moving money on mods so probably another few months.
saw two GTRs today while running errands, they really have so much road presence. one was vibrant red, one titanium grey...grey one lives in my neighborhood and has some aftermarket rear diffuser that looked really good, i was just kind of drooling and following him until i realized i was waiting to turn in at my own neighborhood
      04-29-2010, 10:06 PM   #4025
BCA
Captain
Rep
Drives: 2015 M3

Quote:
should be exactly the same except that you'll tap into a different fuse. I can't remember which one I used, but it was one that did not have an existing fuse in it (it was an empty slot).

Past BMWs: 2015 M3, 2014 550i, 2013 M3 ZCP, 2012 535i, 2011 E90 335i, 2009 E90 M3, 2008 X5, 2006 330i, 2004 330i
Appreciate 0
      04-29-2010, 11:12 PM   #4026
DevJ
Colonel
United_States
Rep

Quote:

yeah, they call it the widowmaker for a reason...again, very happy that your dad is going to be just fine. sounds like a med school application essay in the making, if you ask me...anyway medicine is really awesome. you get to sleep well at night knowing you made a difference that day.
Thanks! I'm very happy as well. I didn't even think of this situation in my life as an idea to write about. Will definitely think about it when it comes time for the essays, thanks for the idea! and +1 on the medicine part!

The app, Weather Channel, on my iPhone is indicating 80% chance rain on Saturday..FML..actually FOL haha..oh well, the meet will still go on! Looks like we won't be outside much though!
Appreciate 0