BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > BIMMERPOST Universal Forums > Off-Topic Discussions Board

BPM

10-19-2018, 08:44 AM   #1
lsturbointeg
Lieutenant General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2011 535i Jet Black

Sharing stories of crappy bosses!

I've been having issues with my new boss since the beginning of the year and I thought by now we would be good but NOPE! He's from Jamaica and his English is pretty bad! let me rephrase...his communication skills is horrible. I will also say his comprehension skills are horrible too! you would think that upon hiring Upper Management would have thought about would his English skills be an issue? Because I'm sure during his interview they probably had a hard time understanding him? there's soooo many times he's asked me a question and I have no clue what he's asking as my answers is not the answer he's looking for? He definitely has OCD with cleanliness as he went as far as taking pictures of everyone's work station and took it upon himself to setup a plan on Good House Keeping in the work environment he also sent out an email stating that we are no longer allowed to put sticky notes on our computers as it makes the office look cluttered he also swapped out all the trash cans with lids now because it bothered him to see trash exposed it was pretty funny because the guys are purposely leaving the lids open and he would literally walk around the office closing them while shaking his head

anyone else have crappy bosses? please feel free to vent here cause I know i'll be posting here daily
~F90Conversion~21"3Piece Forged AvantGardeWheels~KWV1Coilovers~CQUENCE slotted/drilled rotors~GoodridgeStainlesslines~MeisterschaftQuadEx haust~Akrapovic 4"tips~VRSF DP~VRSF CP~TurboSmart BOV~K&N filter~CarbonFiberExteriorComponents~GladenAlphaCo mponents~MatchUp7BMW~Punch P300-12T~
Follow me on Instagram: lsturbointeg
Appreciate 0
      10-19-2018, 08:58 AM   #2
________
________
Rep
Drives: ________

Quote:
Originally Posted by lsturbointeg View Post
I've been having issues with my new boss since the beginning of the year and I thought by now we would be good but NOPE! He's from Jamaica and his English is pretty bad! let me rephrase...his communication skills is horrible. I will also say his comprehension skills are horrible too! you would think that upon hiring Upper Management would have thought about would his English skills be an issue? Because I'm sure during his interview they probably had a hard time understanding him? there's soooo many times he's asked me a question and I have no clue what he's asking as my answers is not the answer he's looking for? He definitely has OCD with cleanliness as he went as far as taking pictures of everyone's work station and took it upon himself to setup a plan on Good House Keeping in the work environment he also sent out an email stating that we are no longer allowed to put sticky notes on our computers as it makes the office look cluttered he also swapped out all the trash cans with lids now because it bothered him to see trash exposed it was pretty funny because the guys are purposely leaving the lids open and he would literally walk around the office closing them while shaking his head

anyone else have crappy bosses? please feel free to vent here cause I know i'll be posting here daily
I found out that in most cases the "horrible bosses" are ourselves, and how we see and project it on other people.
Appreciate 1
      10-19-2018, 09:01 AM   #3
King Rudi
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: Meat Suit

I've worked for people like this. They pay no attention to the overall reason of being at the company which is to make money, but focus on small petty things that only annoy them.

My current situation: I was called out of the blue and asked to come interview for the position I currently hold. The position was offered to me before I even completed an application based off my resume. I was hired to assist my supervisor with writing projects because he did not have time to get them done. This is his first management position and he has no clue on how to delegate. He is currently writing the projects that I was hired to do because he doesn't want to relinquish any of his control or authority to me....which is cool, I've been in management before and it's nothing but babysitting to be honest and I don't want it. As of now I am one the highest paid employees in the building; I'm basically sponsored by my company to be a professional Bimmer Post poster.

It's almost like being commissioned for work and the work being done for you.
Appreciate 2
      10-19-2018, 09:06 AM   #4
Shiza
Captain
Rep
Drives: M3, X5, Ram 2500, Wrangler

At my last job I was hired knowing that I would be taking over the Maryland and Virginia offices and those offices only.There would be some travel back and forth, which I was fine with. After being in said position for about 6 months or so my counterpart in our Indiana office was let go. I was told that I would be taking over that office as well and I would need to fly out to Indy once a month to take care of business out there. I caught my boss slip up and say that was the plan all along. Needless to say I didn't stay with the company long. Not exactly crappy boss but just shady business practice.
Appreciate 3
________4158.50
Kyngofpop676.00
      10-19-2018, 09:10 AM   #5
lsturbointeg
Lieutenant General
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by OnerDriver View Post
I found out that in most cases the "horrible bosses" are ourselves, and how we see and project it on other people.
True! but in this case he's having issues with the whole district from quality control, Safety and Maintenance. so it's not just me but with many
~F90Conversion~21"3Piece Forged AvantGardeWheels~KWV1Coilovers~CQUENCE slotted/drilled rotors~GoodridgeStainlesslines~MeisterschaftQuadEx haust~Akrapovic 4"tips~VRSF DP~VRSF CP~TurboSmart BOV~K&N filter~CarbonFiberExteriorComponents~GladenAlphaCo mponents~MatchUp7BMW~Punch P300-12T~
Appreciate 0
      10-19-2018, 09:17 AM   #6
lsturbointeg
Lieutenant General
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Not_Judy View Post
I'm basically sponsored by my company to be a professional Bimmer Post poster.

It's almost like being commissioned for work and the work being done for you.
LOL that's pretty much my job too! sit here on the forums all day long. lol can you see my post counts
Appreciate 0
      10-19-2018, 09:21 AM   #7
King Rudi
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: Meat Suit

Quote:
Originally Posted by lsturbointeg View Post
LOL that's pretty much my job too! sit here on the forums all day long. lol can you see my post counts
Holy shit man! I hadn't noticed your post count until now there Lieutenant General. : OT is about the only place I venture in here now since the car is running fine. I'll scour the hell out of this bitch when I have problems though.
Appreciate 1
      10-19-2018, 09:27 AM   #8
The0pportunist
Major
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: F30 335i

Once i had a sore throat and after i got off the phone my manager said i sound like i belong on an adult hotline. She quickly retracted the comment before i could respond.

I felt dirty when i left the office that evening.

Last edited by The0pportunist; 10-19-2018 at 09:40 AM..
Appreciate 0
      10-19-2018, 09:37 AM   #9
Reborn_
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2007 BMW Z4MC

Yea, I had a director like that. All attention focused on minutia and totally dropped the ball on the important (big picture) stuff that he (and our dept) are responsible for. He was let go after a few years.
Appreciate 0
      10-19-2018, 09:53 AM   #10
Run Silent
Run Deep
United_States
Rep
Drives: Back and Forth To Work

Garage List
Back when I was in grad school, I worked as a car salesman for a VW/Subaru/Hyundai dealership. The GM was a notorious prick.

Well, one month during the summer, he announced at the beginning of the month that anyone who sold 15 cars that month received an additional $1,500 bonus. Fast forward to the end of the month and with a few days remaining, me and another fellow had both sold 15 cars. Knowing this guy was an asshole, we try to cover our bases and go into his office to get clarification.

We ask: "Steve, for the 15 cars for 1,500 bucks thing - is that 15 or more, or more than 15?" Trying to firm it up, so that he doesn't find a loophole not to pay us.

Steve, the GM, looks up from his desk and say "what the hell are you talking about?" We say, you know, the 15 for 15 thing you mentioned in the sales meeting at the beginning of the month. He says "oh yeah, I remember that now. Did you get that in writing?"

We say "No, but you did announce it front of the entire sales department staff."

He responds, laughing "Yeah, but you didn't get it in writing. Guess you guys got fucked then, eh? Now get the hell out of my office!"

I turned to leave, pissed but what can you do? The other guy loses his mind and jumps over the desk and proceeds to beat the crap out of the General Manager. Funniest thing I ever saw. Cops came, the whole nine yards.
      10-19-2018, 10:01 AM   #11
Never_Enough
Banned
United_States
Rep
Drives: Satan's Chariot 2.0

Garage List
I really liked working for the place I am at at 1st & it has now gone to I hate the idiots I work for & cannot wait to find a new job & leave.

I started here last summer & was told let's see what happens year one & revisit working from home (My last role was 100% work from home) Well, the year came & went & I was told we want the team all in the office together for nonsense reasons. Keep in mind the "team" is myself & my boss. Yup, no one else. One of the ops guys comes in sometimes, but no one else is based in the office. So you jerked me around on it only to lie to me.

Boss got a puppy recently & decided to WFH b/c it's in the cage all day. Hypocrite ahole.

Also, this idiot wanted me to reach out to try & sell another service & run the calls. Fine. He told me I'd be paid $X per call/meeting that I set + commissions per usual on closed deals. Then MINUTES later, he comes into my office telling me he's not going to pay me per shit set. Should I also be worried about getting my normal paychecks now too you cheap fuck?!

Furthermore, I took last Monday off. He texts me that day telling me to reschedule one of his appointments for that day. A) I'm off B) I'm not your secretary C) how fucking lazy are you? Send an email/make a call yourself you stupid bald fat piece of useless shit.

This is what happens when you have daddy's money I guess.

Finally, I had to fight to get to use my last 3 days of PTO for the year. I lose it if I don't use it. "We need to make every day count. You'll have time off for Thanksgiving." No, fuck you, prick. I'm using my PTO.
Appreciate 2
Run Silent15127.00
________4158.50
      10-19-2018, 10:19 AM   #12
Maynard
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 228iX & M2C

Quote:
Originally Posted by usshelena725 View Post

The other guy loses his mind and jumps over the desk and proceeds to beat the crap out of the General Manager. Funniest thing I ever saw. Cops came, the whole nine yards.
This would beat a $1500 bonus; I might ante up quite a bit of my own $$$ if I got to see it in person w/ my current hemmorhoid
Appreciate 2
      10-19-2018, 10:26 AM   #13
Run Silent
Run Deep
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Maynard View Post
This would beat a $1500 bonus; I might ante up quite a bit of my own $$$ if I got to see it in person w/ my current hemmorhoid
Man, that place was crazy. I've got so many stories of that place. I could type responses here all day.
      10-19-2018, 10:34 AM   #14
Maynard
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 228iX & M2C

Appreciate 0
      10-19-2018, 10:55 AM   #15
TNTMYM3
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2011 BMW e90 M3

I have had 18 bosses in 7 years and for the most part their inflated egos, lack of sacrificial leadership, blatant absence in high pressure situations and tendency to pass the buck, have been predictable but more a reflection of my own fear of being exposed of my own weaknesses, wanting to perform well in that same position one day.
When I first realized the leadership experience I gained in my job was so valuable and marketable, i started to compare and judge other leaders. I could trace bad decisions to their weak behavior easily as I was relied upon for my expertise, but the truth is I am not a team player. If I was, I wouldnt judge leaders, I would supplement effort where and when they are lacking, I would offer support, in high pressure situations. I would translate F-bombs, the B-word and general Doom-speak, differently. I would encourage others to do the same, not for bad leader success, but to get themselves right as followers, before one day they become JUST LIKE THEM! It’s really the hardest thing of all to support liars, narcissists, egomaniacs and dillusional leaders, but you noone wants an easy job, right?

Last edited by TNTMYM3; 11-02-2018 at 09:09 AM..
Appreciate 0
      10-19-2018, 11:30 AM   #16
Banned
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2019 X5 Msport

Bosses have bosses, too... a lot of times you never really know if what you don’t like about yours is coming from above.
Appreciate 1
King Rudi13154.00
      10-19-2018, 11:32 AM   #17
Never_Enough
Banned
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Herdalum View Post
Bosses have bosses, too... a lot of times you never really know if what you don’t like about yours is coming from above.
Except when they are the co-owner of the franchise with daddy like mine
Appreciate 0
      10-19-2018, 11:34 AM   #18
Banned
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2019 X5 Msport

Quote:
Originally Posted by Never_Enough View Post
Except when they are the co-owner of the franchise with daddy like mine
Lol...yeah, except then.
Appreciate 0
      10-19-2018, 11:35 AM   #19
Never_Enough
Banned
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by TNTMYM3 View Post
I have had 18 bosses in 7 years and for the most part their inflated egos, lack of sacrificial leadership, blatant absence in high pressure situations and tendency to pass the buck, have been predictable but more a reflection of my own fear of being exposed of my own weaknesses, wanting to perform well in that same position one day.
When I first realized the leadership experience I gained in my job was so valuable and marketable, i started to compare and judge other leaders. I could trace bad decisions to their weak behavior easily as I was relied upon for my expertise, but the truth is I am not a team player. If I was, I wouldnt judge leaders, I would supplement effort where and when they are lacking, I would offer support, in high pressure situations. I would translate F-bombs, the B-word and general Doom-speak, differently. I would encourage others to do the same, not for bad leader success, but to get themselves right as followers, before one day they become JUST LIKE THEM! It’s really the hardest thing of all to support liars, narcissists, egomaniacs and dillusional leaders, but you didn’t want an easy job did you?
few people are willing to take responsibility for their actions & flaws these days. That is especially amplified & magnified by way too many folks in management positions. Naturally, they don't want to lose their jobs either &, since they can make people below them the scapegoat, they do to save their own ass. I'm sure it's also partially due to their own denial, but none of it makes the actions right. I've been a victim of it myself more than once.

The only way to win is run your own business.
Appreciate 2
      10-19-2018, 12:17 PM   #20
cmyx6go
Colonel
Rep
Drives: 2022 X6///M Comp

Garage List
2019 X6 ///M  [10.00]
Quote:

I own a business, started by my father. My brother and I now own and run it. In my previous life, I worked for a bad boss and a great boss. Bad boss was a spoiled little shit that never had to actually work for a living, Ivy League educated arrogant prick. Great boss grew up poor, worked his ass off and built a great company. Bad boss expected the impossible. Good boss's expectations were fair as he actually did what he expected me to do.

Today, I am good boss. I've done every job in this company. I treat people the way I like to be treated. I lead by example and help them be a better person, a better employee, and give them the opportunity to rise in the organization.

Unfortunately, some people never worked for bad boss so they don't appreciate a good boss. Some people just suck. Poor work ethics, a sense of entitlement, resentment towards the boss. They see the office, the nice car and think it must be nice. They don't however want to put in the blood, sweat and tears it takes to build a business, they just want the rewards. It takes wind out of your sails. Don't get me wrong, I am not down on everyone. I have some great people that started out as clerks, busted their asses, took the initiative and are now managers and directors and damn good ones at that. But they are few and far between. Not everyone is cut out to be a leader, and that's fine. A good leader makes employees better.

Climbs off soapbox....
Appreciate 8
________4158.50
King Rudi13154.00
xander_g989.50
nyalpine907423.50
      10-19-2018, 12:29 PM   #21
Run Silent
Run Deep
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Maynard View Post
Here is one more...

So at that same store, we had a sales manager named Todd - who reported to the jerk GM I mentioned in my previous post. Good 'ol Todd was absolutely hilarious, but also did about an 8-ball of coke a day at work and as such, had zero filters.

So a couple comes in to buy a VW Beetle and when I pull their credit, it's atrocious. I show the SM (Todd) and he says "Lemme go talk to them". Here it comes, I think.....

So Todd walks in, slaps the husband on the back so hard he nearly falls out of his chair and says "Damn son, y'all don't pay anybody, do ya?" I about lost it! The customer asks what type of interest rate they are looking at, and Todd says "Damn, well, I'm gonna try my best to get you one and whatever it ends up being, you will gladly accept it, because we all know you aren't going to make many of these payments anyways."

He then asks the customers "So how much money do you have down?"
They ask "Well how much do we need?"
Todd says, laughing, "Fucking all of it!"
Customer says he can come up with a thousand dollars down.
Todd holds out his hand and says "Give it to me." Customer just looks at him.
Todd follows up with while snapping his fingers "Gimme the thousand dollars, I ain't gonna go see the GM about a loan if he doesn't think you are serious. Gimme your money!"

They did. Place was terrible, but great for a laugh.
xander_g989.50
AntF32446.50
      10-19-2018, 12:45 PM   #22
Darth One
drunk poster
United_States
Rep
Drives: M4 GTS | E46 M3

Quote:
But then you're guaranteed to have a crappy boss
Appreciate 2
________4158.50