BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > E90/E92 M3 Technical Topics > Suspension | Brakes | Chassis

European Auto Source (EAS)

06-02-2017, 11:43 AM   #331
FMLYSDN
Major
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2011 Frozen Grey E90 M3

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dreamer99 View Post
Nice!

So those are 18" wheels?
Yes. These are 18X10
Appreciate 0
      06-02-2017, 01:06 PM   #332
opihi5
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2011 m3

Garage List
2011 BMW M3  [10.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by FMLYSDN View Post
How is the un-swept area so much different on yours? It looks like the pads go all the way across the rotor. I've had these for 2 months and have about a quarter inch wide rust circle on the rotor.

Last edited by opihi5; 06-02-2017 at 04:57 PM..
Appreciate 0
      06-02-2017, 11:29 PM   #333
FMLYSDN
Major
Canada
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by opihi5 View Post
Quote:
How is the un-swept area so much different on yours? It looks like the pads go all the way across the rotor. I've had these for 2 months and have about a quarter inch wide rust circle on the rotor.
Inside or outside?
Appreciate 0
      06-02-2017, 11:32 PM   #334
FMLYSDN
Major
Canada
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dreamer99 View Post
Would these calipers fit behind the 219M 18" wheels?
I can confirm that they will clear the 219. Sorry. No picture but I tried them today. A friend at the track had them and I borrowed them. Forgot to snap a photo.

But they do fit with lots of room.
Appreciate 0
      06-03-2017, 10:54 AM   #335
Dreamer99
Lieutenant
Canada
Rep
Drives: E92M3

Thanks for testing the 219. Really appreciate it.
Cheers
Appreciate 0
      06-03-2017, 05:29 PM   #336
opihi5
Captain
United_States
Rep

Garage List
2011 BMW M3  [10.00]
Quote:
Inside or outside?
My unswept area is on the inner edge of the rotor
Appreciate 0
      06-03-2017, 09:15 PM   #337
FMLYSDN
Major
Canada
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Quote:
Inside or outside?
My unswept area is on the inner edge of the rotor
Front, rear or both?
Appreciate 0
      06-04-2017, 03:35 PM   #338
opihi5
Captain
United_States
Rep

Garage List
2011 BMW M3  [10.00]
Quote:
Front, rear or both?
I have pictures on this thread a few pages back. You can see the place where the pad does not meet the rotor.
On your kit i didn't see this problem.
Appreciate 0
      06-04-2017, 08:23 PM   #339
FMLYSDN
Major
Canada
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Finally got the chance to install the kit.
For those interested you can see in the pictures how much of the pads cover the rotor surface.

View post on imgur.com

View post on imgur.com

View post on imgur.com

Unfortunatley I'm having a problem with the bleed screws not sealing properly even correctly tightened(one calipers paint had some minor damage due to this). Working on fixing the issue, but i can already say that they stop dramatically better than stock.
Can you elaborate on the bleed screw not sealing properly?
Appreciate 0
      06-04-2017, 08:38 PM   #340
FMLYSDN
Major
Canada
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Quote:
Front, rear or both?
I have pictures on this thread a few pages back. You can see the place where the pad does not meet the rotor.
On your kit i didn't see this problem.
I see now what your saying. Effectively about a 1/4" ring on the inside of the rotor. Correct?
Appreciate 0
      06-06-2017, 08:28 PM   #341
opihi5
Captain
United_States
Rep

Garage List
2011 BMW M3  [10.00]
Quote:
I see now what your saying. Effectively about a 1/4" ring on the inside of the rotor. Correct?
Just about, it would be cool to see them develop a specific rotor to go with the kit.
Appreciate 0
      06-06-2017, 09:53 PM   #342
FMLYSDN
Major
Canada
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Quote:
Just about, it would be cool to see them develop a specific rotor to go with the kit.
Don't see it happening. I think what you see is what you get.

Accept it for what it is. Those are my thoughts.

I think it is inevitable when you are trying to source parts from other specific applications.

There's always gonna be compromise. It won't be perfect.

Unless you're going with a specific manufacturer such as stoptech, brembo who designed and produced a system for this platform there will never be a complete 100%.

I would have to say that my fitment is probably similar to yours for the fronts.
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      06-07-2017, 10:08 AM   #343
lutfy
Captain
Rep
Drives: G87 M2, NASA ST5 86, Defender

Quote:

I think it is inevitable when you are trying to source parts from other specific applications.

Unless you're going with a specific manufacturer such as stoptech, brembo who designed and produced a system for this platform there will never be a complete 100%.

I would have to say that my fitment is probably similar to yours for the fronts.
I hated those stock rotors and only hung on because of the BMW replacement program. As soon as that was over, I went with PFC DD rotors. Realized that even running free rotors was false economics as I was running the pads down to the ground as little as 1 day (yes not a typo) and after really managing it right, a weekend at most.

Fast forward, PFC DD on OEM calipers and few years later, still a happy camper. I can pretty much say with a high degree of confidence you too will benefit from running a proper race 2 piece rotor with this kit.

Enjoy in good health.

Cheers,

Lutfy
Appreciate 3
opihi5214.50
SYT_Shadow11479.50
FMLYSDN1181.50
      06-07-2017, 03:16 PM   #344
M3 Number 86
Major General
Rep
Drives: black m3

Quote:
Originally Posted by lutfy View Post
I hated those stock rotors and only hung on because of the BMW replacement program. As soon as that was over, I went with PFC DD rotors. Realized that even running free rotors was false economics as I was running the pads down to the ground as little as 1 day (yes not a typo) and after really managing it right, a weekend at most.

Fast forward, PFC DD on OEM calipers and few years later, still a happy camper. I can pretty much say with a high degree of confidence you too will benefit from running a proper race 2 piece rotor with this kit.

Enjoy in good health.

Cheers,

Lutfy
what do you think of the new rotors with a snap ring connection rather than a bunch of tiny bolts.
      06-07-2017, 03:45 PM   #345
Guray77
Rep
Drives: F87 M2

hello fox,

i've just ordered brembo gt 4 piston 345x28mm on ecstuning in clearance to 1285 dollars

i couldn't find the caliber code cause i would like to buy pagid etc pads for this bbl . where can i find the info about the 4 pot brembo caliber ?

thanks
Appreciate 0
      06-07-2017, 07:26 PM   #346
FMLYSDN
Major
Canada
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by lutfy View Post
Quote:

Enjoy in good health.

Cheers,

Lutfy
I am thinking the same thing. I inspected the pads after one session and was surprised at how much had been worn down. I will be sourcing new rotors for at least the fronts.

Thanks for the tip
Appreciate 0
      06-10-2017, 09:16 AM   #347
caesar77
Registered
South Africa
Rep
Drives: BMW E92 M3

my experience

Hi everyone I am from Cape Town South Africa and would like to give my input of the AKmotorsport.net brake kits. I was following the thread and decided to purchase a full front and rear kit for my 2008 E92 M3. Albert was very quick to respond to any query. Shipping was superquick and unpacking was the long part because it was so well wrapped.

I installed the front and rear the day after I received it. Fitment was great. Used the INPA method to bleed the system and was satisfied with results after a two full cycles bleeding both the nipples on each caliper. Brake pedal hard and firm. Took the car for a spin to seat the pads and after a period of seating the pads I could immediately feel the stopping power of the Brembos. Very happy with the results.
Attached Images

Appreciate 2
FMLYSDN1181.50
      06-15-2017, 09:36 PM   #348
M43S7RO
Major
Rep
Drives: Jerez Black E92 M3

Looking from input from those who have had to change rear pads. I've been communicating with Albert and he informed me that the rear pads require a slight modification to install properly, most likely by a machine shop. This came about because I inquired about purchasing a kit without pads as I would source my own. Can anyone comment on experience with this?

I'd like to hear how much cost user's incur to have the modification done. I certainly could not do it myself so would have to search for someone to do it. So at this point the possible additional trouble and cost of rear pads is kinda turning me off of the rear brake set at least.

It's interesting that this hasn't come up in the thread...
Appreciate 0
      06-15-2017, 11:17 PM   #349
FMLYSDN
Major
Canada
Rep

Garage List
Attached Images

Last edited by FMLYSDN; 07-05-2017 at 06:24 PM..
Appreciate 2
JsL447.50
dj_dub1802.50
      06-16-2017, 11:34 AM   #350
dj_dub
IG: @dj_dub
Rep
Drives: 2010 BMW E90 M3 - SG/FR 6MT

Garage List
I agree with what FMLYSDN has stated above and have similar experiences.

The rear pads will require slight modification to fit where the pin goes through to hold the pads to the caliper. I've accomplished this by using a dremel and caliper for exact measurement. Albert can give you the specs on how much needs to be trimmed.
CarboProject CF Plenum | Dinan CF Intake | ESS Tune | RKP X-Pipe | Akra w/CF Tips | MFactory CF DS | CSF Cooling | AST 5200 | Hotchkis F/R Sways | SPL/Ground Control/Fall-Line Arms | DEFIV Diff Brace | StudioRSR Rollcage | 3-piece BBS RT88 | Michelin PS4S | Brembos F/R | Recaro Profi SPG XL | CAE Ultra Shifter | Perf Elec Wheel V2 | BAVSOUND | GT4 CF Front Lip/Canards/Rear Wing | Arkym CF Rear Diffuser | Forcewerkz CF SS | Varis CF Lower Tray | Turner Skidplate | BayOptiks Headlights
Appreciate 0
      06-16-2017, 12:24 PM   #351
FMLYSDN
Major
Canada
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by dj_dub View Post
I agree with what FMLYSDN has stated above and have similar experiences.

The rear pads will require slight modification to fit where the pin goes through to hold the pads to the caliper. I've accomplished this by using a dremel and caliper for exact measurement. Albert can give you the specs on how much needs to be trimmed.
Another approach would be to take the pads from the rear which are provided (HPS) and use that as a template on the pads you choose to run. Placing them back to back, you can pencil an outline on the new pad.

Is this a major show stopper???

I would say "no" but it is nice to be aware of this.

I cannot stress the performance again. For anyone considering this kit, just go into it with eyes wide open. There re a few nuisances with it for sure but you are still priced below 'new' BBKs. Is it relatively comparable in price to the used kits on the forum? Perhaps. A buyer needs to use discretion when buying used and the condition of it.

In terms of this particular kit, I got exactly what was advertised. Apart from the pad mod (minor) it is packaged well and complete. As I have mentioned before, this kit has garnered much debate for and against, but I was willing to take a chance and experience it for myself. The cost savings were appealing and the issues (more like reality) of the colour was something that I had to accept for tracking my car. I am not inclined to put parts on my car that I don't intend to use for their purpose. Hence why I cannot have Luminous Yellow calipers

Anyone can PM if they want anymore feedback related to my experience.
Appreciate 0
      06-16-2017, 12:50 PM   #352
FFM
PLEB R8
Rep
Drives: B9 SQ5 | R8 V8 6MT

Could just powder coat them shocker yellow.