BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > E90/E92 M3 Technical Topics > Engine, Transmission, Exhaust, Drivetrain, ECU Software Modifications

EXXEL Distributions

12-26-2023, 04:37 AM   #1
h2oiamwater
Registered
Rep
Drives: E92, 3-E36s

E92 Limp Mode/DSC Advice

I'm a E36 guy but working on the girls daily
08 M3 - 103k - ESS Supercharged.

Got a Limp mode+DSC, Ran codes Said bank 2 TA. Had a buddy clear the codes to see if it would pop again and went away for a couple Months. (TAs were replaced so thought maybe it was just a fault)

Im getting a Limp mode/DSC Light constantly right now Every 3rd or 4th start. Drive car around parking lot and cycle start the engine 4-5 times and it goes away for a few more starts. Car has been enthusiast owned before me and TAs were replaced (estimating by the information i got) at about 60k. (I got a box with the TAs and Bearings in it when i purchased it done 2 owners before.)

About a month before I got the limp mode The clock and mileage started resetting every few start ups making me think the battery is probably getting old.

Just to bump ideas around on ruling everything out.

1. I am going to run codes again and double check it was the same codes.
2. Double check all connections to the battery one more time.
3. If it's still consistent Change battery. (I heard weak batteries can cause all kinds of problems)
4. If codes still same side TA then go for the TA.
Anything else I should do in a different order or add to?

Also anyone know how different it is to swap out a TA on a ESS SC car compared to stock?? (all the DIY are on stock intakes)

Thank you for any help at all! PICs For attention

Appreciate 0