BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > M3 (E90 / E92 / E93) > Regional Forums > Australia

08-03-2008, 06:36 PM   #23
aggie57
First Lieutenant
Australia
Rep
Drives: 2.0d X3, 2009 997 Carrera S

Quote:
Originally Posted by LuKe450 View Post
I know Winton, Broadford & P.I. well from my bike racing days. I'll leave my car parked while I take BMW's M3's out for my M Driver Training day later in the year
Good idea. Have you been given any dates yet?
Appreciate 0
      08-03-2008, 06:38 PM   #24
aggie57
First Lieutenant
Australia
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by neraij View Post
mines coming in september supposably
You guys will all have yours while I wait patiently for my 2 extra doors......
Appreciate 0
      08-03-2008, 06:42 PM   #25
LuKe450
Second Lieutenant
Australia
Rep
Drives: M3 DCT

Quote:
Originally Posted by aggie57 View Post
Good idea. Have you been given any dates yet?
I hear its towards the end of the year around December.. Would be good if there's a few of us from this forum at P.I. on the same day!!

I'm sure Jason & Sean @ Stillwells could see to it that we're paired up..

Are you going to the X6 launch on Saturday 16th? If not, you know what to do..
Appreciate 0
      08-03-2008, 06:44 PM   #26
LuKe450
Second Lieutenant
Australia
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by aggie57 View Post
You guys will all have yours while I wait patiently for my 2 extra doors......
When my wife saw mine last Thursday night she said, "What? I didn't know it was a 2 door...." Then turned around & walked back inside. She has no interest in cars.
Appreciate 0
      08-03-2008, 09:55 PM   #27
Androo
Second Lieutenant
Australia
Rep
Drives: M3 AW DCT

welcome to the forums neraij

So the next drive day is December? We were booked in awhile ago but couldn't make the date due to work commitments so our rep was going to book us into the next one. Hope its the same as you guys.
Just received an email this morning our cars were completed last week Now the torture of waiting for a boat
Appreciate 0
      08-03-2008, 11:18 PM   #28
aggie57
First Lieutenant
Australia
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Androo View Post
welcome to the forums neraij

So the next drive day is December? We were booked in awhile ago but couldn't make the date due to work commitments so our rep was going to book us into the next one. Hope its the same as you guys.
Just received an email this morning our cars were completed last week Now the torture of waiting for a boat
Likewise - welcome neraij. It looks like we're getting quite a group now in Melbourne. Interesting given so many of the forum members in the states don't seem to have seen another one on the road.

Luke - no, no invite to the X6 launch. I may well be in NZ that weekend anyway but thanks for letting me know.
Appreciate 0
      08-04-2008, 03:15 AM   #29
neraij
Rep
Drives: mini

thx for the welcoming msgs .. just curious on what colour n extras u guyz got on ur cars.

i got e92 alpine white(best color imo) :P novillo fox leather. m-DCT, 19", electric rear blinds and the black carbon trim.

i really hope i miss that august month in europe where they all take a month off.. i mean it says production month in july n eta is september still havent got a proper date yet.. finger crossed for a good date
Appreciate 0
      08-04-2008, 05:19 PM   #30
Androo
Second Lieutenant
Australia
Rep

Hey neraij,

Looks like we're getting the same car

I got the same story about production as well. They said it had been pushed into August prod, i panicked and emailed BMW in germany. I know alot of forum guys mention they close in August but it is only from the 4th - 16th for normal series cars and they specifically said the M division does not stop production at all.
So i was like but then a week later they said my car was being built last week of July
We're probably be on the same boat.

Which dealer did you purchase through?
Appreciate 0
      08-04-2008, 05:24 PM   #31
Androo
Second Lieutenant
Australia
Rep

Did you guys watch Top Gear last night?
They had the Audi RS4 and Benz C-63 up against the M3. The C63 is an animal of a car but the handling looked shocking, the M3 beat it around the track by 4 seconds yay!! not much to say about the Audi
Appreciate 0
      08-04-2008, 06:15 PM   #32
LuKe450
Second Lieutenant
Australia
Rep

Quote:
They had the Audi RS4 and Benz C-63 up against the M3. The C63 is an animal of a car but the handling looked shocking, the M3 beat it around the track by 4 seconds yay!! not much to say about the Audi
I saw the tail end of Top Gear. Too bad they weren't testing the M-DCT.... probably would have been a 8 second difference
Appreciate 0
      08-04-2008, 08:17 PM   #33
Androo
Second Lieutenant
Australia
Rep

yeh was a shame it wasn't the DCT, have you actually turned the radio on yet cos it sounds bloody awesome..lol
Appreciate 0
      08-04-2008, 10:09 PM   #34
LuKe450
Second Lieutenant
Australia
Rep

Quote:
yeh was a shame it wasn't the DCT, have you actually turned the radio on yet cos it sounds bloody awesome..lol

LOL, yes I have turned on the radio, just a few times.. The exhaust note is very, very nice imo

Just had a coffee & a chat with Aggie57, great bloke!! I think he should change his order to a coupe..
Appreciate 0
      08-04-2008, 11:28 PM   #35
aggie57
First Lieutenant
Australia
Rep

Quote:
Yep - now my wife wants me to change my order to Grey. Loved the "cockometer" and Clarksons shades. But they cut his comment that "all the others are copies of the M3" or something like that.

Quote:
thx for the welcoming msgs .. just curious on what colour n extras u guyz got on ur cars.

i got e92 alpine white(best color imo) :P novillo fox leather. m-DCT, 19", electric rear blinds and the black carbon trim.

i really hope i miss that august month in europe where they all take a month off.. i mean it says production month in july n eta is september still havent got a proper date yet.. finger crossed for a good date
I started with Silverstone, changed to White and now can't decide...! I have until September to finalise spec so I guess I'd better look at as many as I can between now and then.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LuKe450 View Post
LOL, yes I have turned on the radio, just a few times.. The exhaust note is very, very nice imo

Just had a coffee & a chat with Aggie57, great bloke!! I think he should change his order to a coupe..
Good to meet you Luke - and thanks for paying! I stilll think I'll stick with the sedan though. Nice as the coupe shape is I would really miss the extra practicality and anyway, it's cheaper!
Appreciate 0
      08-05-2008, 01:24 AM   #36
Androo
Second Lieutenant
Australia
Rep

LOL yes the cockometer was funny.
Appreciate 0
      08-05-2008, 01:28 AM   #37
Androo
Second Lieutenant
Australia
Rep

Oh i forgot to ask, I've read on a few post some of the guys are stalling there DCT at intersections etc. any such problems Luke?

How long did it take for your plates to arrive once ordered?

I know what you mean aggie57I was originally IB but i reckon if i had seen a MR I probably would of jumped at that. No idea how I ended up with AW.
Appreciate 0
      08-05-2008, 02:29 AM   #38
LuKe450
Second Lieutenant
Australia
Rep

Quote:
Oh i forgot to ask, I've read on a few post some of the guys are stalling there DCT at intersections etc. any such problems Luke?

How long did it take for your plates to arrive once ordered?

I know what you mean aggie57I was originally IB but i reckon if i had seen a MR I probably would of jumped at that. No idea how I ended up with AW.
Aggie asked me today how I found the DCT for normal city commuting. After getting straight out of a current model X5 TD auto, this is better, much better. No stalling. Not even a hint. Only issue I'm faced with so far is all the rubber neck drivers crowding around me..

Plates took about 10 days for memory. Maybe less.
Appreciate 0
      08-05-2008, 02:58 AM   #39
neraij
Rep

hey Androo, umm i got mine at bibs at south yarra. initially it was supposed to be like december delivery but pulled a few string :P n got it to september considering we only bought in like may so its only like a 6month wait compared to some others which is 9month :P. but i called em up this morning n asked if they knew an exact date of the delivery n they still dont know yet. quite agitated LOL. hope to hear from them soon n get an exact date so i can set aside some time to drive it hehe

the sbs m3 vs c63 vs rs4 is so old though... there are heaps more videos about the m3 on youtube. overall it is a AWSOME car.
Appreciate 0
      08-05-2008, 06:01 PM   #40
LuKe450
Second Lieutenant
Australia
Rep

Quote:
hey Androo, umm i got mine at bibs at south yarra. initially it was supposed to be like december delivery but pulled a few string :P .
Hi neraij

How did you pull a few strings??
Appreciate 0
      08-05-2008, 07:45 PM   #41
neraij
Rep

a friend knew the manager there so i guess they pushed us forward a lil
Appreciate 0
      08-05-2008, 09:55 PM   #42
Androo
Second Lieutenant
Australia
Rep

LOL i'd guess there would be a few people staring thinking what the hell is that coming up behind me.

neraij,
I had only seen bits of that Top Gear episode so was good to see the whole thing. Makes you realise how special this beast is.
Yeh i have seen plenty of clips on the M3 dunno if thats a good thing as it makes me even more eager to get behind the wheel.
Just hope my car gets on a boat soon, have read some ppl say their cars were at the dock for upto 12 days waiting for a boat.
Appreciate 0
      08-06-2008, 07:52 AM   #43
neraij
Rep

well i rckon once we get to end of year have a m3 drive out day haha to spurs or sth lol.. wud b nice to have lotsa m3s roll out on to melbourne roads. ive only seen a few ... seen more r8s and lambos n ferraris than like m3s!!! which makes me feel quite special haha..

now just have to wait!!! :@:@
Appreciate 0
      08-06-2008, 10:08 PM   #44
Androo
Second Lieutenant
Australia
Rep

Hey Luke,

I read in another thread that you were looking at CF grills did you end up ordering them and if so how much were they and how much for shipping?

Thanks.
Appreciate 0