BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > M3 Marketplace > Private Sellers - For Sale / Trade / Wanted > Engine / Drivetrain / Exhaust Parts

European Auto Source (EAS)

10-05-2021, 06:54 PM   #23
MouseMike
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: me crazy

To bad im broke. GLWS!
Appreciate 0
      10-05-2021, 07:24 PM   #24
E90who
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: m3

Quote:
Originally Posted by darren p. View Post
If these were so great, how come MRF stopped production and is there any chance they would consider making them again if there was enough interest? After OP sells this for $5k of course!
I believe it was CARB/legal headaches. California got super strict about exhaust production.
Appreciate 0
      10-05-2021, 07:41 PM   #25
StripclubDJ
Lieutenant Colonel
No_Country
Rep
Drives: e92 m3

Lmaooooooo
Appreciate 5
DRLane3988.50
Move Over1258.00
E90who435.00
GORDON.M31422.50
      10-06-2021, 08:52 AM   #26
Gossypiboma
Major
Rep
Drives: 13' M3 6MT 18' M3 CS

No effing way.
Appreciate 0
      10-06-2021, 09:48 AM   #27
DRLane
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: E92 M3

Garage List
2008 m3  [6.63]
Would love to understand what about Malek deems him the E9X master? He's just a competent small shop mechanic.

Done a bunch of rod bearings replacements, and had a couple one off parts manufactured (xpipe, muffler, subframe bushing, possible splitter)?
      10-06-2021, 03:43 PM   #28
Yoddha
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2013 E92 M3

Garage List
2013 BMW M3  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by DRLane View Post
Would love to understand what about Malek deems him the E9X master? He's just a competent small shop mechanic.

Done a bunch of rod bearings replacements, and had a couple one off parts manufactured (xpipe, muffler, subframe bushing, possible splitter)?
You really are one angry human being lmao
Appreciate 1
      10-06-2021, 03:52 PM   #29
StripclubDJ
Lieutenant Colonel
No_Country
Rep

Quote:

Finally someone says it
Appreciate 1
      10-06-2021, 04:13 PM   #30
DRLane
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep

Garage List
2008 m3  [6.63]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yoddha View Post
Quote:

You really are one angry human being lmao
I don't think I'm angry. Just a genuine question. There are a lot of really strong mechanics and race shops. To suggest this is the "master" is a bold claim.
      10-06-2021, 04:41 PM   #31
mapster37
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: F80

how is this design any different than the active x pipe??
Appreciate 0
      10-06-2021, 04:42 PM   #32
EuroMuscle
Private
Rep
Drives: 2009 BMW M3

if you decide to lower your price to something more in line with the market, i'd be happy to make a deal.
Appreciate 0
      10-06-2021, 05:35 PM   #33
marco44
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: E90 M3

Quote:
If these were so great, how come MRF stopped production and is there any chance they would consider making them again if there was enough interest? After OP sells this for $5k of course!
Quote:
exactly let's create a group buy and get em new for 1k each
Appreciate 0
      10-06-2021, 06:51 PM   #34
Yoddha
Captain
United_States
Rep

Garage List
2013 BMW M3  [0.00]
Quote:
I don't think I'm angry. Just a genuine question. There are a lot of really strong mechanics and race shops. To suggest this is the "master" is a bold claim.
That's a fair point...but Malek isn't the one on here proclaiming himself to be the master of this platform. It is unfair to discount his expertise. He's a brilliant guy and a phenomenal engineer that has a wealth of knowledge when it comes to these cars. Designing and implementing quality parts (be it bushings, an exhaust system, etc) is no small feat...it's even more impressive knowing that he has accomplished all of this as a one man "shop."
Appreciate 1
E90who435.00
      10-06-2021, 06:56 PM   #35
StripclubDJ
Lieutenant Colonel
No_Country
Rep

Quote:
Quote:
That's a fair point...but Malek isn't the one on here proclaiming himself to be the master of this platform. It is unfair to discount his expertise. He's a brilliant guy and a phenomenal engineer that has a wealth of knowledge when it comes to these cars. Designing and implementing quality parts (be it bushings, an exhaust system, etc) is no small feat...it's even more impressive knowing that he has accomplished all of this as a one man "shop."
Designing exhaust and bushings ?

Cmon bro
Appreciate 1
      10-06-2021, 07:00 PM   #36
Yoddha
Captain
United_States
Rep

Garage List
2013 BMW M3  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by StripclubDJ View Post

Cmon bro
Let's see your designs mate
Appreciate 1
t04d94.50
      10-06-2021, 07:08 PM   #37
StripclubDJ
Lieutenant Colonel
No_Country
Rep

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by StripclubDJ View Post

Cmon bro
Let's see your designs mate
I build race cars for a living

Don't make me flex in this guys fs thread
Appreciate 5
UBERV8528.00
DRLane3988.50
E90who435.00
Idfkman473.00
Vuu513.50
      10-06-2021, 07:36 PM   #38
DRLane
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep

Garage List
2008 m3  [6.63]
Quote:
Quote:
The opening paragraph in the for sale ad is why I asked.
      10-06-2021, 10:49 PM   #39
E90who
Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:

I'm genuinely curious how you can both:

1.) want to understand someone
But also…
2.) be comfortable expressing an opinion about them in the same paragraph

MRF has been at the top of the E9X/S65 game since just after these cars came out. He is a master because he's devoted tens of thousands of hours into this car, designed and built custom motors, subframes, and bushings among other parts. MRF is not your run of the mill 'book an oil change and maybe a coilover swap' operation. Makek, along with his father, run a laboratory-grade m3 sanctuary where these cars are art pieces. As you mentioned, he's also helped the community with documenting and repairing the mess that is the rod bearing crisis.

There is an abundance of useful content from MRF as well as praise about them on these forums. Not sure why you chose my for sale ad to ask for the run down, but you should try to do so in a nicer manner next time.

Mods feel free to delete, or leave.
Appreciate 2
slcook541863.00
      10-06-2021, 10:58 PM   #40
DRLane
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep

Garage List
2008 m3  [6.63]
Quote:
Originally Posted by E90who View Post
Quote:

But also…

MRF has been at the top of the E9X/S65 game since just after these cars came out. He is a master because he's devoted tens of thousands of hours into this car, designed and built custom motors, subframes, and bushings among other parts. MRF is not your run of the mill 'book an oil change and maybe a coilover swap' operation. Makek, along with his father, run a laboratory-grade m3 sanctuary where they treat these cars like art pieces. As you mentioned, he's also helped the community with documenting and repairing the mess that is the rod bearing crisis.

There is an abundance of useful content from MRF as well as praise about them on these forums. Not sure why you chose my for sale ad to ask for the run down, but you should try to do so in a nicer manner next time.

You don't say "a master" you say "the master". And the question is valid and nothing about it was rude or in jest. It was not an open ended question about Malek, it was about your post.
      10-06-2021, 10:59 PM   #41
E90who
Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by EuroMuscle View Post
if you decide to lower your price to something more in line with the market, i'd be happy to make a deal.
Sure, point me to another and I'll happily price match/beat.

*has to be an MRF X-pipe to qualify for this offering.
Appreciate 0
      10-06-2021, 11:02 PM   #42
E90who
Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by mapster37 View Post
how is this design any different than the active x pipe??
AA doesn't even have symmetrical tubing on both sides, and the x is on the other side. Not sure how you could compare them.
Appreciate 0
      10-06-2021, 11:11 PM   #43
E90who
Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

But also…

MRF has been at the top of the E9X/S65 game since just after these cars came out. He is a master because he's devoted tens of thousands of hours into this car, designed and built custom motors, subframes, and bushings among other parts. MRF is not your run of the mill 'book an oil change and maybe a coilover swap' operation. Makek, along with his father, run a laboratory-grade m3 sanctuary where they treat these cars like art pieces. As you mentioned, he's also helped the community with documenting and repairing the mess that is the rod bearing crisis.

You don't say "a master" you say "the master". And the question is valid and nothing about it was rude or in jest. It was not an open ended question about Malek, it was about your post.
Holy semantic ninja Batman. The master. A master. What difference does it make? Why are you here? LOL 😂

My post didn't speak to anything you commented on. Just take the trolling elsewhere, please.
Appreciate 0
      10-06-2021, 11:21 PM   #44
DRLane
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep

Garage List
2008 m3  [6.63]
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

But also…

Holy semantic ninja Batman. The master. A master. What difference does it make? Why are you here? LOL 😂

My post didn't speak to anything you commented on. Just take the trolling elsewhere, please.
I'm not trolling you. I'm sorry words have meaning and as such questions arise on a public forum. Good luck with your sale.