BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > BIMMERPOST Universal Forums > General BMW News and Cars Discussion

09-30-2011, 05:13 AM   #67
jonasaurus
Brigadier General
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: E90 M3 [Sold]

Wonder what the cost of the 1M motogp pace car bonnet is!
      09-30-2011, 02:14 PM   #68
montreal red
chris
Canada
Rep
Drives: White Boat

Quote:
Originally Posted by jasonmaxima View Post
Hey Montreal red... let me ask you a few questions.

What made you buy your M3? Why did you choose to buy an m3 over say an Audi or Merc or any other performance marques available in Canada? Did you research extensively about the M3 or the other cars you currently own or used to own?

Perhaps you are a hardcore BMW fan and would not consider any offerings by other marques....or that you've lusted the M3 and had a poster of an M3 hanging on your bedroom wall since young.

Whatever the reasons maybe, I am sure you would have done extensive research prior to heading down to the showroom to purchase a vehicle. Rev limit, weight, petrol tank capacity, engine displacement, options, material used in the engine, performance etc

Going into a dealership armed with an encyclopedia worth of knowledge of your dream car.... do you expect that the sales person to trump your knowledge with even more information?

The plethora of car reviews globally choosing / endorsing the m3 over other performance rivals already helps sell the car and creates an iconic brand awareness.

I have met sales persons from other marques who have recited specs of cars they were selling both perfectly and wrongly. However I do not chide them for misquoting information even if the spec sheets are hung from the driver's side window at the showroom and I can read them.

You've gotta admit, sex sells...especially putting a pretty face (female sales executive) to sell the product. Did you try walking into other high end car showrooms while you were in Singapore? What were the experiences / impressions you got? Please comment?

I think the part where you scored a test drive, eventhough I think you did NOT have the PROPER papers PLUS seeing the dealership personally is already a dream come true.

Personally, I think the conversation piece of the showroom is their impeccably spotless service center specially dedicated to servicing M cars. I've been told the service center is wiped down 3 times daily....
i agree that most car enthusiasts would know more about the cars that they want to buy compared to the average sales person. but its nice when dealerships have sales people that know what they are selling. this is not uncommon in many dealerships in asia and in north america.

by the way, i met melvin goh form the lambo dealership thats a few doors down from the M dealership while i was there and i have to say it was a world of difference. he knew what he was selling and he was passionate about the vehicle. he was definitely very involved with the ongoings of the brand in general.

i just think the management of the M dealership needs to train their staff more. oh and the reason why their service floor is so clean is because there arent any cars being worked on! there werent any techs at the dealership while i was there and cars were just parked in the spots and not moving. they also seem to be dealership cars because they werent plated.

Current: 2013 F10 M5 & 2016 Mini JCW
2013 GLK350 (gone), 997.1 GT3RS (gone), 2009 WRX STI (gone), e92 M3 (gone)
Appreciate 0
      09-30-2011, 02:22 PM   #69
montreal red
chris
Canada
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by XC View Post
I agree about specs aren't all. But if you know something that the sales rep doesn't have a clue, or states wrongly, you really start getting suspicious about the whole deal. Besides, if your only job is exactly knowing what you are selling... you aren't not doing you job properly if you don't know specs. Take the example of Alfa Romeo's girls at car shows, they know exactly everything there is to know, and you really start feeling love after a while for such beautiful and interesting... cars.
yeap! this was my point.

i think the M dealership in singapore only hires sales people based on their faces and paper qualifications. i highly doubt any of these girls or young sales guys there are car enthusiasts. you can always sense when your sales person doesnt really know what they are talking about. its not just about the specs but some of the things they say are sometimes completely wrong. it just doesnt make you feel good when you buy something from unknowledgeable sales people.

Appreciate 0
      09-30-2011, 02:47 PM   #70
SCOTT26
Major General
Rep
Drives: A big F-off German Truck.

The bonnet on the 1M from the MotoGP safety car is CFRP.
The poor reflection is because of the lighting reflecting on the CFRP surface.

I would say we have not reached the anniversary of the 1M as yet and many are still to get their cars...
Watch this Space.

In regards to specific M showrooms?
They are plans to section off areas in BMW showrooms in the US for M clients with specific areas.
However they will be annexed with BMW showrooms.

Specific M only showrooms based on the model of Munich Automobiles in Singapore will spread to other countries such as China where M is being established as a growing brand.

In some cases Specific showrooms for M in the US are not needed because the brand is already well established.
These markets are more savvy to the BMW M legend unlike emerging markets where the brand is growing considerably in sales and knowledge.

In China M is considered to be a youthful brand as the cars are bought by young professionals.
But they are keen to investigate the history of the brand and learn more about the genes which begun years ago in some cases before they were even born.
And in Asia these markets are not rising by 20-25%. M sales in China for 2010 were about 300% and this year there is expected to similar numbers especially with the 1er M Coupe and the new M5 arriving in Asia at the beginning of 2012 in which allocations are being quickly signed up.
And then there will be the new BMW M6 which will be shown before the end of 2011.

Given the response to the brands expansion and enthusiasts accusing BMW of "dilluting" the M brand.

In a way we are a victim of our own success.
Yes it is true that M was once perceived as an "underground" and less commercial badge. But we did not have such markets for new M products as we do now. The markets have grown and dictated the need for more products in which the customers needs are being relected. M might be more mainstream than before but each model has delivered and kept the M philosophy of Power, Passion and Precison. BMWM produce cars that people want to drive.

But we have to accept that individuals in some markets prefer the image of the M and the status rather than the engineering. That is just progress.
      09-30-2011, 02:54 PM   #71
Sedan_Clan
Law Enforcer
Brazil
Rep
Drives: '22 Chalk Gray Porsche C2S

Quote:
Originally Posted by SCOTT26 View Post

I would say we have not reached the anniversary of the 1M as yet and many are still to get their cars...
Watch this Space.

They are plans to section off areas in BMW showrooms in the US for M clients with specific areas.

Specific M only showrooms based on the model of Munich Automobiles in Singapore will spread to other countries such as China where M is being established as a growing brand.

In some cases Specific showrooms for M in the US are not needed because the brand is already well established.
These markets are more savvy to the BMW M legend unlike emerging markets where the brand is growing considerably in sales and knowledge.

In China M is considered to be a youthful brand as the cars are bought by young professionals.
But they are keen to investigate the history of the brand and learn more about the genes which begun years ago in some cases before they were even born.
And in Asia these markets are not rising by 20-25%. M sales in China for 2010 were about 300% and this year there is expected to similar numbers especially with the 1er M Coupe and the new M5 arriving in Asia at the beginning of 2012 in which allocations are being quickly signed up.
And then there will be the new BMW M6 which will be shown before the end of 2011.

Given the response to the brands expansion and enthusiasts accusing BMW of "dilluting" the M brand.

Yes it is true that M was once perceived as an "underground" and less commercial badge. But we did not have such markets for new M products as we do now. The markets have grown and dictated the need for more products in which the customers needs are being relected. M might be more mainstream than before but each model has delivered and kept the M philosophy of Power, Passion and Precison. BMWM produce cars that people want to drive.

But we have to accept that individuals in some markets prefer the image of the M and the status rather than the engineering. That is just progress.
Spoken...er....written with sound reasoning!
Appreciate 0
      09-30-2011, 07:39 PM   #72
clar
Major
Singapore
Rep
Drives: M5

Quote:
Originally Posted by SCOTT26 View Post

Watch this Space.

I have never considered M to be diluting the brand and heritage even with the X6M atrocity. The X6 is a vehicle which serves little purpose in my book, but that's another subject altogether. It's entirely ok to expand the product offerings to cater to a wider audience. I am perfectly happy if M makes more money and invest it into future models. As to the M cars getting larger and heavier, i think that's something heaped onto M by the regular models. Keep making the M cars drive like magic and never take away the feel from the M cars and you guys would do just fine
Appreciate 0
      10-29-2011, 10:47 PM   #73
frankcos
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: E90 M3

Hmmm, I wonder... Do all M owners in the world prefers buying their M cars from authorized dealership such as this one because of the "peace of mind" or simply for the "benefits" that it has to offer???
Would be interested to hear your thoughts!
Appreciate 0
      10-30-2011, 12:55 AM   #74
montreal red
chris
Canada
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by frankcos View Post
Hmmm, I wonder... Do all M owners in the world prefers buying their M cars from authorized dealership such as this one because of the "peace of mind" or simply for the "benefits" that it has to offer???
what did you do ? i see you bought yourself a 1M?

Appreciate 0
      10-30-2011, 01:30 AM   #75
clar
Major
Singapore
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by frankcos View Post
Things are very different in other parts of the world. Authorised dealerships are aplenty unlike in Singapore where we have only 1 dealership for each marque. If u are not happy with one dealership, u are free to take your business elsewhere. There is a lot more competition.
Appreciate 0
      10-30-2011, 09:33 PM   #76
speedfan
Major
Vietnam
Rep
Drives: BMW

wow, this's absolutely exclusive.
I was in Singapore last month for the F1. I wish I knew about this dealership, would've visited them.
The e46m3 still looks great, & is not dated yet IMO.

Baller status if you could afford an m3 in Singapore huh.
Just wow!

Frozen Grey. Dry CF Roof. Vorsteiner Double Sided CF Boot Lid. OSS. BMW Performance Aero Kit. BMW Performance CF Diffuser Cover. BMW Performance CF Trim. Robson Design Steering Wheel. Advan RS. Michelin PSS. H&R Touring Cup Kit. BMW Performance Brakes. Eisenmann Race Rear Muffler. ESS Directflash
Appreciate 0
      11-12-2011, 01:17 AM   #77
TTG
United_States
Rep
Drives: M340

Garage List
Just Stopped by there today.......

And I had the opportunity to check out this beast in person and hear the monster come alive thanks to Shawn! He started it up for me.

I am going back there later tonight to an M event.

This place is amazing :-)

2007 E92 335i -Space Gray.....ED Oct 19th, 2006 - Retired
Appreciate 0
      11-12-2011, 10:24 AM   #78
bigjae1976
Major General
Rep
Drives: 11 E90 M3 Individual

Garage List
2004 BMW M3  [4.50]
2011 BMW E90 M3  [5.25]
2013 BMW 328i  [5.00]
The dealership looks cool but I hope that this idea doesn't spread across BMW.

What makes BMW (and MB) different from every other mainstream automaker is that an M is not a rebadged econobox or family hauler. M is an extension of BMW and is in no way like the Lexus/Toyota and Acura/Honda relationship.

You can say the 1M uses a rebadged non-M engine but the 1M is a unique model and won't likely see this model being used across the M line.

I also think that this is a good idea. Look at the BMW Welt. It gets customers and people passing by more involved in the brand. More involvement likely leads to more sales. In my case, it has generated some emotional ties to the brand and even some brand loyalty.
2000 E36/7 Z3 Steel Blue
Appreciate 0
      11-12-2011, 12:33 PM   #79
odiesback
2021 330ix
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2021 330ix

Garage List
Cool to see a pic of Nelson Piquet on the wall of M drivers.

Loved that BMW powered F1 Parmalat Brabham
Appreciate 0
      11-13-2011, 12:13 AM   #80
clar
Major
Singapore
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigjae1976 View Post
The dealership looks cool but I hope that this idea doesn't spread across BMW.

What makes BMW (and MB) different from every other mainstream automaker is that an M is not a rebadged econobox or family hauler. M is an extension of BMW and is in no way like the Lexus/Toyota and Acura/Honda relationship.

You can say the 1M uses a rebadged non-M engine but the 1M is a unique model and won't likely see this model being used across the M line.

I also think that this is a good idea. Look at the BMW Welt. It gets customers and people passing by more involved in the brand. More involvement likely leads to more sales. In my case, it has generated some emotional ties to the brand and even some brand loyalty.
I disagree, i feel that M cars are significantly more engineered compared to the regular series cars and deserve to be separated. I am comparing the current dedicated delearship with the previous all in one dealership. The sense of "M-ness" is palpable in this dealership. The sense of focus and purpose really sets it apart. Image the entire team of technicians and engineers are dedicated to nothing but M and not inundated with tons of service work on regular series cars.

However, this model probably don't work in other countries due to geographical limitations. I heard dealerships in other countries are remodelling with a M section for more exclusivity. However, that only benefits the sales side. If the tech team is not separated, it's not gonna really work as it's akin to serving the same medicine in a different bottle.
Appreciate 0
      11-13-2011, 08:21 AM   #81
bigjae1976
Major General
Rep
Drives: 11 E90 M3 Individual

Garage List
2004 BMW M3  [4.50]
2011 BMW E90 M3  [5.25]
2013 BMW 328i  [5.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by clar View Post
I disagree, i feel that M cars are significantly more engineered compared to the regular series cars and deserve to be separated. I am comparing the current dedicated delearship with the previous all in one dealership. The sense of "M-ness" is palpable in this dealership. The sense of focus and purpose really sets it apart. Image the entire team of technicians and engineers are dedicated to nothing but M and not inundated with tons of service work on regular series cars.

However, this model probably don't work in other countries due to geographical limitations. I heard dealerships in other countries are remodelling with a M section for more exclusivity. However, that only benefits the sales side. If the tech team is not separated, it's not gonna really work as it's akin to serving the same medicine in a different bottle.
I think this would work in the Far East region in a country like Singapore. Say what you want, the cultures there are generally VERY materialistic and ///M is a status symbol that people will pay a lot more for. In Korea, people pay about 2x as much for BMWs as we do in the US as an example.

And there is much less competition and consumers are not nearly as price sensitive. So this store can generate a profit from sell far fewer cars. I'd wildly guess that every M car that leaves there goes for at least sticker or higher.

In the US? It would definitely not work. Too much competition,too price sensitive, and not enough volume.
2000 E36/7 Z3 Steel Blue
Appreciate 0
      11-13-2011, 08:25 PM   #82
Voltigeur
MacroRisk
Australia
Rep
Drives: M3 E92 ED'09 / 335d Sport DD

-

Amazing. But then, when you know Singapore and Singaporeans (have spent time there), maybe less so. When they put their minds to something the focus on execution is brilliant. Similarly, Changi Int'l Airport is the best one I have ever been in.

Love to visit this place - but not to buy an ///M there, the SGD prices for high-end cars are

Just thinking of something not so witty
///M3 E92 '09 Jerez Black | 6MT | Ext Fox Red | Tech | Prem | 19s |Heated Seats | iPod |Smartphone | Euro Deliv June 09
Sold: 540iT / 530i / 323i
Appreciate 0
      11-14-2011, 02:23 AM   #83
TTG
United_States
Rep
Drives: M340

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Voltigeur View Post
-

Amazing. But then, when you know Singapore and Singaporeans (have spent time there), maybe less so. When they put their minds to something the focus on execution is brilliant. Similarly, Changi Int'l Airport is the best one I have ever been in.

Love to visit this place - but not to buy an ///M there, the SGD prices for high-end cars are
100% Agreed..... Also, very friendly people all over town.

Changi Airport looks more like a high-end mall than an airport.

The price of that GTS was S$650K ......
2007 E92 335i -Space Gray.....ED Oct 19th, 2006 - Retired
Appreciate 0
      06-05-2012, 09:16 PM   #84
ufgtrs2007
dentite
Rep
Drives: 718 GT4, M2C, JLU392, e92 M3

Garage List
2013 BMW M3  [0.00]
2013 BMW M5  [0.00]
is the red M imola red? It looks darker than MR....
Appreciate 0
      06-06-2012, 01:58 AM   #85
Terraforce1
If you ain't first, you're last!
Singapore
Rep
Drives: '14 Boxster GTS + 14' 1199 S

Terrific showroom, will stop by next time in Singapore for business
Appreciate 0
      06-06-2012, 05:49 AM   #86
767IJP
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2012 M3

Wonder if increasing sales ten food includes all the watered down M package cars?

Pure M is going down the tubes
      03-31-2013, 08:00 AM   #87
Dntlvet
Dntlvet
United_States
Rep
Drives: 10 M3 Sedan,13 GT-R BE,13 Pors

I'm late to the show, but a very nice even today.
Appreciate 0
      03-16-2014, 10:17 AM   #88
BMW FOREVER
First Lieutenant
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2014 535i Xdrive

Smile The first and only Exclusive M Dealership in the world

What do you guys think of this concept?
Appreciate 0