BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > M3 (E90 / E92 / E93) > General M3 Forum (E90 + E92 + E93)

03-13-2011, 04:06 PM   #89
crackberry
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: Porsche Carrera GTS (997.2)

Quote:
Originally Posted by JayhawkM3 View Post
I'm sorry but unless you are driving a pro street dragster... no ticket is going to stand without a decibel meter. This is coming from someone who has been a cop. A lawyer would have a field day, the reason law enforcement has the meters is so they can accurately say your car exceeded the legal level.

On to the following, totally legal.

The cop does need a reason to pull you over, but the "talking to" was bull. He can in no way prove you were the car in question. If it continues to be a problem talk to internal affairs at the police department.
agreed. and it has to be calibrated too. at least, thats what my sound design teacher said
Appreciate 0
      03-13-2011, 07:38 PM   #90
KARLPAGLIACCI
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: 2011 E92 M3

The exhaust system must be comparable to that designed for that specific vehicle as standard factory equipment. It must be in good working order and in constant operation to prevent excessive or unusual noise.

Yes, an Officer can follow you as long as he/she wants, but when they say something such as "I've been looking for you", then it gives the appearance that the Officer has some preconceived feeling or that the encounter will be on a personal level.

Anyway, until you comply with the law, you stand the chance of getting pulled over again. Or as some people say, "harrassed". It never ceases to amaze me that when people get caught for breaking the law, i.e. not having both tags properly affixed to the vehicle or for not wearing a seat belt, they want to vent about it. If we would learn and comply with out local laws on small matters like objects dangling from the mirror, a charcoal cover on the license tags, stickers on window obstructing view, then the Police would not have an opportunity to pull us over. But, then again, most people like the Police attention.
Appreciate 0
      03-13-2011, 07:39 PM   #91
mgx
Banned
Italy
Rep
Drives: 

thread is 3 months old, let it die in peace
Appreciate 0
      03-14-2011, 02:28 AM   #92
drey
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2009 M3 Sedan, JZB/BB

"he got lucky and spotted me leaving from KFC"

The question is, did you touch your M3 steering wheel with greasy chicken hands? Shame!
Appreciate 0
      03-18-2011, 02:24 AM   #93
Balboni
Rep
Drives: 08' 335i e92; 08' Gallardo SL

Quote:
Originally Posted by mgx View Post
thread is 3 months old, let it die in peace
Luckily I'm a Shaman Witch Doctor! Allow me to bring some life back into the thread!