BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > E90/E92 M3 Technical Topics > Engine, Transmission, Exhaust, Drivetrain, ECU Software Modifications

Mporium BMW

04-14-2010, 05:56 PM   #1
powertrip
Scared money don't make money.
Rep
Drives: 2009 E92 M3 DCT

Garage List
2009 E92 M3  [0.00]
Difference in flow between Remus Sport & Agency Power

Hey all, I'm switching my Agency Power exhaust to something more conservative so that my 7 month old doesn't cry when she's in the car .

I know that most exhausts flow prettly similarly (with the exception of straight through exhausts like Gintani), but I'm wondering if my car's performance will suffer by adding the Remus? I'm ordering it with the Eisen. connecting pipes, so it will technically be a full system Any thoughts or experiences guys?
Appreciate 0
      04-15-2010, 11:50 AM   #2
SV Concepts II
United_States
Rep
Drives: E90 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by powertrip View Post
Hey all, I'm switching my Agency Power exhaust to something more conservative so that my 7 month old doesn't cry when she's in the car .

I know that most exhausts flow prettly similarly (with the exception of straight through exhausts like Gintani), but I'm wondering if my car's performance will suffer by adding the Remus? I'm ordering it with the Eisen. connecting pipes, so it will technically be a full system Any thoughts or experiences guys?
Were you considering the Remus Sport or Race system?

I think going from the AP to the Remus sport system you will be going to a slightly more restrictive system...

Are you running X-pipes or HFC?
Appreciate 0
      04-15-2010, 12:25 PM   #3
powertrip
Rep

Garage List
2009 E92 M3  [0.00]
Yeah, I'm running HFC's & x-pipe, and I'm considering the Sport system.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cal@Jlevi SW View Post
Were you considering the Remus Sport or Race system?

I think going from the AP to the Remus sport system you will be going to a slightly more restrictive system...

Are you running X-pipes or HFC?

Last edited by powertrip; 04-15-2010 at 12:34 PM..
Appreciate 0
      04-15-2010, 12:31 PM   #4
zamm3k
Bla!
United_States
Rep
Drives: F82 M4

Considering you're running HFCs and X Pipes, your performance won't be reduced noticeably. Maybe a couple of horses here and there but not anything that you will notice by driving in the streets. The most important part of the exhaust system is the the design in the X Pipes, and the cats. Although its true that for maximum horsepower you do need a very good flowing axle back, its not as important.
      04-15-2010, 12:38 PM   #5
pumper206
80 Deep, We All Eat!!!
Taiwan
Rep
Drives: 2009 AW E92 M3

Quote:

What about the dreaded 'remus drone' that's always brought up in exhaust discussion? Is this a consideration? I've always read about it but no first hand experience w/it. Watch out for that buddy. Can't go wrong w/Akra rear-end . I don't think performance would suffer dramatically, seeing how most aftermarket mufflers are designed for better flow. Good luck!

Last edited by pumper206; 04-15-2010 at 12:45 PM..
Appreciate 0
      04-15-2010, 09:28 PM   #6
powertrip
Rep

Garage List
2009 E92 M3  [0.00]
I've heard that the Race drones pretty bad; does the Sport drone as well? If that's the case I'll probably go a different route .

Quote:
Originally Posted by pumper206 View Post
What about the dreaded 'remus drone' that's always brought up in exhaust discussion? Is this a consideration? I've always read about it but no first hand experience w/it. Watch out for that buddy. Can't go wrong w/Akra rear-end . I don't think performance would suffer dramatically, seeing how most aftermarket mufflers are designed for better flow. Good luck!
Appreciate 0
      04-15-2010, 09:29 PM   #7
DevJ
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: R8 V10+/YMB M4

Is the Gintani Sport too loud ?
http://www.bimmerpost.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=133578&d=1204654487[/IMG]
Appreciate 0
      04-15-2010, 09:30 PM   #8
Ca$hOnly
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: E92 M3

Remus sport drones a little. It definitely has a high pitched humming sound when cruising at 3k rpm.
      04-15-2010, 10:00 PM   #9
powertrip
Rep

Garage List
2009 E92 M3  [0.00]
Yikes, that could get annoying . I'll bet it would be even worse because of my HFC's...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ca$hOnly View Post
Remus sport drones a little. It definitely has a high pitched humming sound when cruising at 3k rpm.
Appreciate 0
      04-15-2010, 10:07 PM   #10
pumper206
80 Deep, We All Eat!!!
Taiwan
Rep
Drives: 2009 AW E92 M3

Pssssssst....get the AKRA rear end.
Appreciate 0
      04-15-2010, 10:17 PM   #11
MrHarris
yodog
United_States
Rep
Drives: '86 Corolla

Garage List
2009 BMW  [10.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ca$hOnly View Post
this. I just put on my Dinan, and man oh man does it sound amazing. It is way louder than I thought it would be and there is literally ZERO drone. It's amazing.

2009 E92 M3 | Alpine White | Black Extended | Advan RS | Turner Test Pipes | Dinan Axle-Back | OETuning | Eibach Springs | UUC SSK | VRS Front Lip | VRS Type I Diffuser | Matte Black | RPi Scoops | MS Filter | Yokohama AD08 | F1 Pinnacle
Special Thanks: Gintani | OETuning | eAs
Appreciate 0
      04-16-2010, 03:57 AM   #12
MMMorish
Just call me J.J. McClure
Canada
Rep
Drives: E92 M3 & C4 Corvette

Oh oh, I think Harris and H Bomb are being paid by Dinan to send shout outs on the forums! J/k

Can't go wrong with a Dinan set up.
MODS: Meisterschaft GT Racing Exhaust / BMC Air Filter / UUC SSK & DSSR (Modded)/ RPI Scoops / Passport SRX Hardwired / Custom Wrap 3M Clearbra / 20% Tint / 50% Windshield Tint / Key Hole Delete / Matted Out Accessories / VRS Type II Diffuser / Smoked Reflectors / Euphoria 6K LED Interior Lights / Rear Fog Light Mod / 6000K HID's / 6500K LUX H8 Angel Eyes / RDash License Plate LED Kit / LED Xenon Reverse Lights
"M3 drivers have no friends"
Appreciate 0
      04-16-2010, 10:51 AM   #13
M II
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives:

Quote:
Yeah, I'm running HFC's & x-pipe, and I'm considering the Sport system.
It's funny you mention this. Remus actually changed the nomenclature on their exhaust systems. Now, it is US or Euro version with the Euro versions being on the more conservative side.

Quote:
I've heard that the Race drones pretty bad; does the Sport drone as well? If that's the case I'll probably go a different route .
The Race exhaust is known to drone because how the muffler itself is designed. The Sport is reduced, but it's still not zero drone.

Quote:
Yikes, that could get annoying . I'll bet it would be even worse because of my HFC's...
HFCs would definitely change the resonance in the cabin. A few of our customers have installed the Fabspeed HFCs and it did increase the amount of drone.

The Sport exhaust system is actually quite subtle without the HFCs. I haven't heard both of them together though.
Appreciate 0
      04-25-2010, 05:43 PM   #14
///M FLight-VP
Registered
Germany
Rep
Drives: '08 E92 M3 JBM

* RECOMMEND IT * I have the same setup you mentioned, Eisenmann connecting pipes + Remus Race exhaust. Sounds awesome - sweet DEEP bass, not "tinny" or whining sound. It also looks great - the diameter of the pipes, the angled tips (which for some reason don't seem to cake with black soot like my stock exhaust tips) and the fact that the individual mufflers do "disappear" up under the car. I've had it on for about a month. Bottom line, it's a head turner. I'm not a "look at me in my $130K Porsche" kind of guy - I drive the ///M3 to haul @$$ on the autobahn, but I'm getting used to the attention. It does drone at low RPMs, but that mostly disappears as the engine and exhaust warm up. My problem is I'm DCT and I keep the car in automatic 99% of the time, with the DSC on. Even in shift mode 5, with the power set to sport plus, the car shifts up pretty fast if you're not stomping the gas pedal, so you end up in 5th or 6th gear, doing 35-40 MPH at 2000 RPM... which equals drone range. So if you're 6MT or prefer DCT with manual shift, you'll be able to keep the RPM up enough to avoid most of the drone. The drone lessens as the car / exhaust warms up. It's also noticeable at start at around 2000 - 2200 RPM. For the first few days, I wondered if maybe I should have went with the Remus Sport version. Finally, I got my girlfriend to do a couple of fly-byes and D@MN !! I'm 100% in love with no reservations - I could really hear why people were literally stopping to stare. This car is my daily driver from early Spring to the middle of Fall. I take my 2 youngins to daycare everyday and they don't seem to mind. The youngest sleeps, the older one gets excited when I get on the gas. I also have the aFe air intake upgrade and that is LOUD compared to the stock intake. That was unexpected so it took some getting used to as compared to knowing that the exhaust was going to add to cabin noise.

I'm not familiar with the Agency Power exhaust, but short of the Akrapovic (sticker shock) exhaust, I would recommend the Remus Race over everything else I've seen and heard.

Craig

Last edited by ///M FLight-VP; 04-26-2010 at 02:41 AM..
Appreciate 0
      04-26-2010, 02:02 PM   #15
0c34n
Private
Rep
Drives: E92 M3 DCT

Hi buddy, would you mind talk little bit more about your agency power exhuast? I am waiting for mine to arrive, it comes with connecting pipes. did you install the connecting pipes comes with the exhuast?

you are saying that it makes your baby cry, does that mean it drones? or too loud? I heard from many here, that it doesnt drone.

Please let me know before I put it on.thanks.

Last edited by 0c34n; 04-26-2010 at 02:22 PM..
Appreciate 0