BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read


Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > E90/E92 M3 Technical Topics > Engine, Transmission, Exhaust, Drivetrain, ECU Software Modifications
 
Steve Thomas BMW
Post Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
      11-04-2010, 04:52 PM   #45
Chako
Second Lieutenant
99
Rep
276
Posts

Drives: E92 M3
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Canada

iTrader: (1)

These results are also consistent with Nawaaz', performed on an independent Mustang dyno. He took great efforts to ensure consistency & objectivity so I am inclined to believe these to be fairly accurate. Thread: http://www.m3post.com/forums/showthread.php?t=322545

I understand that I need a tune to fully enjoy the benefits of a test pipe or HFC, but I am still a little reluctant to do so. Especially because i have to ship out my ECU since I am not in the area of these tuners. I was thinking if I could be in the 380-385 WHP range I would forgo the extra 15-20 the tune would provide me, as long as I don't lose too much on the low end.

I am assuming you got custom fabricated pipes rather than the ready made turner ones?
Appreciate 0
      11-04-2010, 07:00 PM   #46
powertrip
Scared money don't make money.
powertrip's Avatar
-69
Rep
1,452
Posts

Drives: 2009 E92 M3 DCT
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Irvine, CA

iTrader: (3)

Garage List
2009 E92 M3  [0.00]
God this forum is just ridiculous . People talk about modding their cars and adding power....inevitably somebody calls BS and demands a dyno.....said dyno is posted, and they still call BS. What more do you want as proof?

It has been shown again and again that the S65 responds EXTREMELY well to removing the cats, and reflashing the ECU. For those who don't believe it, get off your ass and do it yourself. You will be a believer once you do, that I can assure you.

For any of you doubters in the Socal area, I would be willing to put my car up againest any stocker out there to show you these gains are real. Let's see....we could do these runs at Autowave, VF, HB Speed, Yimi Sport, Specialty Z, etc.
__________________
2009 E92 M3/DCT/Alpine White/Fox Red/Carbon Leather
OE Tuned 402 whp & 303 wtq/Gintani X-pipe/MXP Axle Back/Rogue Pulley/AFE Stage 2/Cosmetics By IND & EAS
HUGE THANKS: Gintani, OE Tuning, and EAS
Appreciate 0
      11-04-2010, 08:41 PM   #47
BT M3
Second Lieutenant
-54
Rep
214
Posts

Drives: 2010 M3
Join Date: May 2010
Location: MA

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by powertrip View Post
God this forum is just ridiculous . People talk about modding their cars and adding power....inevitably somebody calls BS and demands a dyno.....said dyno is posted, and they still call BS. What more do you want as proof?

It has been shown again and again that the S65 responds EXTREMELY well to removing the cats, and reflashing the ECU. For those who don't believe it, get off your ass and do it yourself. You will be a believer once you do, that I can assure you.

For any of you doubters in the Socal area, I would be willing to put my car up againest any stocker out there to show you these gains are real. Let's see....we could do these runs at Autowave, VF, HB Speed, Yimi Sport, Specialty Z, etc.
Powertrip I forgot you are almost in the 400 markright on 91? You must be put of the underground conspiracy lying dyno club too.
Appreciate 0
      11-04-2010, 09:22 PM   #48
powertrip
Scared money don't make money.
powertrip's Avatar
-69
Rep
1,452
Posts

Drives: 2009 E92 M3 DCT
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Irvine, CA

iTrader: (3)

Garage List
2009 E92 M3  [0.00]
Yeah, I was at 388whp with the worlds crappiest x-pipe. With my new x-pipe and OE tune I've picked up 20whp. I need to go back to that dyno and see where I'm at now .

Quote:
Originally Posted by BT M3 View Post
Powertrip I forgot you are almost in the 400 markright on 91? You must be put of the underground conspiracy lying dyno club too.
__________________
2009 E92 M3/DCT/Alpine White/Fox Red/Carbon Leather
OE Tuned 402 whp & 303 wtq/Gintani X-pipe/MXP Axle Back/Rogue Pulley/AFE Stage 2/Cosmetics By IND & EAS
HUGE THANKS: Gintani, OE Tuning, and EAS
Appreciate 0
      11-04-2010, 11:35 PM   #49
duk
///M
United_States
100
Rep
3,129
Posts

Drives: 2011 AW/FR 6MT E92
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: San Jose, CA

iTrader: (0)

besides the filter making that much power, i say great job! enjoy it
__________________
2011.5 AW/FR E92 M3 6MT
Appreciate 0
      11-05-2010, 08:56 AM   #50
Radiation Joe
Veni Vidi Vici
Radiation Joe's Avatar
United_States
-49
Rep
2,750
Posts

Drives: '11 JB/BBe-6sp-e90
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Macungie PA

iTrader: (0)

Garage List
2011 e90 M3-Sold  [4.25]
2003 RS6 - Sold  [0.00]
2009 e90 M3 - Gone  [0.00]
2003 M3 SOLD  [0.00]
old 2002  [5.00]
I've done some research since yesterday and need to appologize to BT M3. It does look like that power can be obtained. I knew 30-40 hp was probably available, but simply didn't believe 50-60 could be possible. I would never trust my car at those levels of tweak, but that doesn't make what BT and others have achieved less real.

Good job and good luck.
And again, Sorry for being a d!ckhe@d.
__________________

Dinan compliment of stuff plus PF rotors and RG63s. Enough for now.
Why, yes. I am an abrasive bastard.
Appreciate 0
      11-05-2010, 11:24 AM   #51
NoogMan
Private First Class
2
Rep
115
Posts

Drives: 2011 E90 M3
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Lancaster, SC

iTrader: (1)

Sorry, saw you went with the Gintani.....my bad!

Quote:
Originally Posted by powertrip View Post
Yeah, I was at 388whp with the worlds crappiest x-pipe. With my new x-pipe and OE tune I've picked up 20whp. I need to go back to that dyno and see where I'm at now .
__________________
2011 M3 Sedan
2008 Audi RS4 (RIP 9-3-2010)
2010 Audi Q5 S-Line

Appreciate 0
      11-05-2010, 07:11 PM   #52
BT M3
Second Lieutenant
-54
Rep
214
Posts

Drives: 2010 M3
Join Date: May 2010
Location: MA

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Radiation Joe View Post
I've done some research since yesterday and need to appologize to BT M3. It does look like that power can be obtained. I knew 30-40 hp was probably available, but simply didn't believe 50-60 could be possible. I would never trust my car at those levels of tweak, but that doesn't make what BT and others have achieved less real.

Good job and good luck.
And again, Sorry for being a d!ckhe@d.

Hey man - I can respect anyone regardless of the qualm that apologizes - good luck in your search for power.
Appreciate 0
Post Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 05:13 AM.




m3post
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
1Addicts.com, BIMMERPOST.com, E90Post.com, F30Post.com, M3Post.com, ZPost.com, 5Post.com, 6Post.com, 7Post.com, XBimmers.com logo and trademark are properties of BIMMERPOST