BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > M3 (E90 / E92 / E93) > Regional Forums > USA - California

EXXEL Distributions

04-07-2014, 03:38 PM   #1
surewin
///M3mber
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2008 E92 M3

Garage List
2008 BMW E92 M3  [0.00]
Smile California Festival of Speed

Did anybody go to Auto Club Speedway for this year's California Festival of Speed this past weekend? It was hosted by Porsche Club of America, and 30 bucks covered the entrance fee and the parade laps around Auto Club Speedway (led by a pace car). There was also a booth hosted by Porsche and Pirelli where you can autocross two separate 991 Carreras to test the Carrera OE tires and Pirelli's P Zero Corsa tires, which that was included in the entrance fee.

I actually saw a black, carbon roofed, E92 6 speed there as well, so shout out to you if you're on here!

I was lucky to be right behind the 997 Carrera S pace car during the parade laps around the circuit. After realizing that I had some track time experience, the pace car driver told me not to leave a gap so people don't yell at him for going too fast. Below is a pic of me doing a little drifting and putting a little pressure on the pace car, which my dad took while riding in my brother's 981 Cayman S

The gap between my brother's Cayman S and the older 911 behind him was pretty ridiculous though

Best 30 bucks I've spent-

6-Speed | Inconel M Exhaust | Stoptech | Macht Schnell | AST
Instagram: surewin_e92m
Appreciate 0