BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > E90/E92 M3 Technical Topics > Engine, Transmission, Exhaust, Drivetrain, ECU Software Modifications

European Auto Source (EAS)

12-15-2023, 12:23 AM   #23
wyatth
Colonel
Rep
Drives: E90 ZCP

To each their own but there's no downside to the GTS flash and it's probably the best bang for the buck upgrade on a DCT car. Smoother, faster .. it really does feel a generation newer.
Appreciate 2
DrFerry6731.50
M3JayM72.00
      12-15-2023, 06:20 AM   #24
Drv4fun
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: '13 M3 (original owner)

Quote:
Originally Posted by sunny View Post
got a question for you guys, is it necessary to do a DCT adaptation reset at
73K miles?

my car is 2009.

I just got my rod bearing and both throttle actuator replaced and the shop owner recommends DCT adaptation reset.

to me, car drives just fine except clunky 1st gear in slow speed(parking lot speed).
Do you know the software level for the car? Most dealers wouldn’t update unless there was a problem leaving earlier model year cars with bugs that the updates fix. That is why the gts tune helps some because their software levels weren’t up to date.
Appreciate 0
      12-29-2023, 05:38 PM   #25
Redd
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: 2010 BMW E92 M3 Dakar Edition

Quote:
Originally Posted by Helmsman View Post
Hi Redd, started to play around with the Protool, seems nice.

Reading around quite a few suggest to not clear adaptations (if not new clutches) on the transmission as adjustments for wear will dissapear and possibly create and issue. On the other hand its not clear to me what Protool actually does on the M-DCT. The limited info I can find is refering to BMW auto trans' in general (nothing much on Bimmergeeks FB either).

What of the various options did you run (Kiss points, Clutch Torque etc)?
Do you know if "ECU reset" is the learned driving style?
Some says engine should run, other says it should not?

Ps. Sorry for chasing you mate. Yeah, maybe we should set up a separate Protool thread, a lot of features to discuss...

Thanks
Hey buddy, sorry must have missed this message.

I've done DCT reset twice in my car with no issues. First time was done by a professional coder. 2nd time I did myself using Protool just a couple days ago. I had dropped the gearbox to install Slon side pan so thought it might be a good idea to clear adaptations.

So I cleared all adaptations (Kiss points, clutch torque, etc) and also reset the ECU. In fact I did it twice cos it happened so quickly and it didn't feel like anything was happening in the back ground. I did the resets with engine switched off. After the reset on first startup, I let the car idle for a few mins as the idle sounded a bit lumpy at times. Since then everything is back to normal. Car shifts perfectly fine, though I can't really feel a difference before and after the reset.

On another note, I also did a DSC reset. The DSC reset will pulse the DSC pump etc and takes a few seconds, even though Protool will say it's completed on the screen. So give it a few seconds and wait for all the errors on the dash to go off before you do any other function.
Appreciate 0
      12-30-2023, 08:31 AM   #26
Helmsman
Major General
Sweden
Rep
Drives: 2011 AW E90 M3 ZCP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Redd View Post
Hey buddy, sorry must have missed this message.

I've done DCT reset twice in my car with no issues. First time was done by a professional coder. 2nd time I did myself using Protool just a couple days ago. I had dropped the gearbox to install Slon side pan so thought it might be a good idea to clear adaptations.

So I cleared all adaptations (Kiss points, clutch torque, etc) and also reset the ECU. In fact I did it twice cos it happened so quickly and it didn't feel like anything was happening in the back ground. I did the resets with engine switched off. After the reset on first startup, I let the car idle for a few mins as the idle sounded a bit lumpy at times. Since then everything is back to normal. Car shifts perfectly fine, though I can't really feel a difference before and after the reset.

On another note, I also did a DSC reset. The DSC reset will pulse the DSC pump etc and takes a few seconds, even though Protool will say it's completed on the screen. So give it a few seconds and wait for all the errors on the dash to go off before you do any other function.
Thanks a bunch Eric, good input. Haven't cleared the DCT yet, plan to drive for a bit and some measuring in a attempt to continue diagnose the heat warning.

Did you by any chance read the clutch pressure before and after reset, any changes in values noticed? How many miles have your DCT done?

Love the Protool so far, should have got it long ago. The only bit missing is some live data, where Carly seems to pack more such as alternator current output.

Cheers
Nik

Last edited by Helmsman; 12-30-2023 at 08:51 AM..
Appreciate 1
DrFerry6731.50
      12-30-2023, 06:33 PM   #27
Redd
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: 2010 BMW E92 M3 Dakar Edition

No I did not read clutch pressure. My car has 160k kms now, so DCT gearbox would be the same.

For live data monitoring I use Torque Pro app and a cheap ELM327 OBDII dongle. Torque seems to have a ton of sensor feeds but so far I've only used it to monitor afr when I was trying to diagnose a misfire I had couple years back.
Appreciate 1
DrFerry6731.50
      12-31-2023, 04:26 AM   #28
Helmsman
Major General
Sweden
Rep
Drives: 2011 AW E90 M3 ZCP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Redd View Post
No I did not read clutch pressure. My car has 160k kms now, so DCT gearbox would be the same.

For live data monitoring I use Torque Pro app and a cheap ELM327 OBDII dongle. Torque seems to have a ton of sensor feeds but so far I've only used it to monitor afr when I was trying to diagnose a misfire I had couple years back.
Many thanks again mate!
Appreciate 0
      01-02-2024, 01:47 PM   #29
sunny
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: E92 M3, e90 330i

Quote:
Originally Posted by Helmsman View Post
Hey man, so did it make any difference?
I did not do it.