BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > BIMMERPOST Universal Forums > General Automotive (non-BMW) Talk + Photos/Videos

03-28-2008, 06:22 AM   #1
yissels
Rep
Drives: Ford S-Max

Talking Bugatti Veyron - Modded by JUN

http://www.bespokeventures.com/blog/..._1600x1200.jpg

Not a real car but still wanted to share it Can you imaging how it would be if a Japanese tuner modded the Veyron?
      03-28-2008, 11:33 AM   #2
remmib
General
Norway
Rep
Drives: 2013 F10 520d M-Sport

Thats crazy.

F10 520d M-Sport Alpine White | HRE P43SC 20x9+20x11 | Michelin PSS 255/35+295/30 | KW V3 Coilover | M5 Front Sway Bar + M550d Rear Sway Bar | 3DDesign Front Lip | BMW M Performance CF Spoiler | BMW M Performance Diffuser | BMW M Performance Black Grills | BMW M Performance Pedals |
Appreciate 0
      03-28-2008, 11:37 AM   #3
The_Blob
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2008 E92 335i

It's only a pic. I can do one that was modded by BOEING or NASA, it would be a road rocket.
Appreciate 0
      03-28-2008, 04:36 PM   #4
Davin
Lieutenant Colonel
Trinidad_and_tobago
Rep
Drives: Yes

interesting
Appreciate 0
      03-28-2008, 06:20 PM   #5
sparkyg
Brigadier General
Canada
Rep
Drives: work truck

It'd be rice, come on. The attraction o the Veyron is that it is not from Japan.

You would get bland styling, lots of plastic and everything that would make sense to a Japanese car maker.

The Veyron is a one off, the cost to make is higher to make than they sell it for. Look at the georgeous magnesium turn stalk, a one off.

The Veyron goes beyond anything Japan can do.

What, Japan makes a GTR and all of a sudden they are performance car makers, please...
Appreciate 0
      03-28-2008, 06:33 PM   #6
AJerman
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: '08 335i

Quote:
Originally Posted by sparkyg View Post
It'd be rice, come on. The attraction o the Veyron is that it is not from Japan.

You would get bland styling, lots of plastic and everything that would make sense to a Japanese car maker.

The Veyron is a one off, the cost to make is higher to make than they sell it for. Look at the georgeous magnesium turn stalk, a one off.

What, Japan makes a GTR and all of a sudden they are performance car makers, please...
Haha, without watching the video I was gonna say it would be rice too. Bugatti didn't know that a fart can could give them an extra 50 RWHP!!

Edit: Or looking at the pic I should say since it's not a video. Either way, Bugatti did more than enough tuning. The giant wing is silly. Bugatti's wing setup is very finely tuned and it wouldn't reach the same speeds with that one. They did so much tuning that they said they tried to change or take off the mirrors and the car would start floating because even the side mirrors provided JUST enough downforce to keep the thing planted. Still, it's a nice pic, but if anyone were to do that they'd actually make the Veyron worse than it is now.

Last edited by AJerman; 03-28-2008 at 09:21 PM..
Appreciate 0
      03-29-2008, 01:52 PM   #7
Crimson92
Smiling Politely
United_States
Rep
Drives: Like a boss

Quote:

wow you just proved how little you know about cars.

japan has always made performance cars

vw pulls off one performance car(veyron)

japan has had many many cars nsx,rx7,supra,gtr(all of them)

theres more to a performance car than 1000 hp, and just so you know there are 1000hp supras out there, what do you have to say about those?
      03-29-2008, 02:34 PM   #8
ironic
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: Jet Black 335i

nice, but if it's going for top speed wouldn't the additional downforce actually be detrimental. when u put the veyron in top speed mode it actually decreases downforce by lowering the rear wing and decreasing drag.

Widebody 335i Project Car BUILD | PHOTOSHOOT
Appreciate 0
      03-30-2008, 10:42 AM   #9
EmPower
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2014 X5 xdrive 35i

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crimson92 View Post
wow you just proved how little you know about cars.

japan has always made performance cars

vw pulls off one performance car(veyron)

japan has had many many cars nsx,rx7,supra,gtr(all of them)

theres more to a performance car than 1000 hp, and just so you know there are 1000hp supras out there, what do you have to say about those?
just this ... they are not made by TOYOTA motor corporation.... they are after market and I dont thin I am singular when I say this, that THAT 1000hp supra wont be used for a supermarket run..... enough said.

And as for your other snyde comment about VW not producing supercars, ever heard of a tiny company called Lamborghini that uses extensive technology from another tiny company called audi that are both siblings of the parent VW? Also that tiny company audi just came out with the R8 which is a supercar.
19 Audi SQ5 (sold), 20 Audi S6 (sold),
22 Audi SQ5
Appreciate 0
      03-30-2008, 10:52 AM   #10
EmPower
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2014 X5 xdrive 35i

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kiwirobbie View Post
If an American can make the Ultimate Aero when just about every car that's ever been designed by the American big three is crap then the japs who build better cars than anything coming out of the US sure as shit can build something as good as if not better than the Veyron. Besides this is a tuned Veyron, if a company like Jun can get 1000bhp from a Supra just imagine what they could get from a Veyron, 500kph won't be that difficult to achieve.
ok buddy.. do you KNOW what forces of nature would work on your car at 500kmph?? I mean if you were brave enough to drive your car on a regular highway and if the road surface got a little uneven or there was some kind of debris (very minimal), your car would hydroplane (sans the water) for a brief moment, which would change the direction of airflow to the downforcing elements on the car which would inevitablely lift the car up as if you were going to take off and you can imagine the rest.

Getting accelerating figures for a better 0-60, 120, 180 than what they have on paper is doable. But to try and get to a 500kmph top speed is a daunting task. Add to that a mix of daily driveability and comfort and well.... lets just say this, you come up with an idea for that project and you will be hailed as an automotive genius.
19 Audi SQ5 (sold), 20 Audi S6 (sold),
22 Audi SQ5
Appreciate 0
      03-31-2008, 11:45 AM   #11
94JZA80
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 1994 BPU Supra

Quote:

use your head before you speak. bland styling, plastic parts, etc. are the characteristics of Japanese automobiles as they come directly off the production line (aka stock Toyotas, Nissans, Hondas, etc). JUN is not a corporate automobile manufacturer - it is a specialty tuner that puts function BEFORE form (like so many other Japanese tuners). they use carbon fiber and other high quality light weight materials, not plastic crap. and JUN is more focused on motorsport than the creators of the Veyron ever were.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AJerman View Post
Edit: Or looking at the pic I should say since it's not a video. Either way, Bugatti did more than enough tuning. The giant wing is silly. Bugatti's wing setup is very finely tuned and it wouldn't reach the same speeds with that one. They did so much tuning that they said they tried to change or take off the mirrors and the car would start floating because even the side mirrors provided JUST enough downforce to keep the thing planted. Still, it's a nice pic, but if anyone were to do that they'd actually make the Veyron worse than it is now.
you completely missed the point of such a concept car. the last thing JUN would be interested in doing is making the world's fastest/most powerful production car into something faster in a straight line - rather JUN would be trying to make it faster/quicker around a circuit. not only does it take FOREVER for a Veyron to get close to its top speed, but it also needs a ALOT of distance to do it. 99% of circuits around the world don't have starights long enough for the Veyron to hit top speeds anyways. JUN would know that the OEM spoiler serves next to no purpose unless its traveling at ridiculously high speeds - a bigger spoiler serves more of a purpose around a circuit. if JUN turned the Veyron into something worse than it was bone stock, it would only be from a straight line/drag racing point of view. there's absolutely no doubt in my mind that JUN could turn this into a MUCH better track car than it is in stock form.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ironic View Post
nice, but if it's going for top speed wouldn't the additional downforce actually be detrimental. when u put the veyron in top speed mode it actually decreases downforce by lowering the rear wing and decreasing drag.
look, i know this isn't an official proposal by JUN, and that its just some enthusiast's photoshop. but come on, is it not glaringly obvious in the picture that this is a track concept, and not a "how fast can i go in a straight line" concept? besides, if you know anything about JUN, you'd know that they'd be far more interested in turning a Veyron into a respectable track/circuit car, and not trying to increase its straight line speed.
      03-31-2008, 01:52 PM   #12
AJerman
Major
United_States
Rep

Dude, at the bottom it says "Objective 500 KPH", the sketch, whether serious or just fun, made by the JUN company or not, meant to make it sound like they were going to make the car faster, which that wing absolutely would not do. I agree, judging by the picture, the only way it would be faster is on a track (perhaps, we'd have to see, i don't know enough about the car), which you obviously know as well, but you have to admit that if you read what it says, it's a ricer sketch. Whoever drew it thought "Hey! Lets throw a huge wing on and a fancy paint job then say it can go even faster than before!". Contrary to popular teenage jap tuner belief, big wings, tribal stripes, and fart cans don't make cars faster.
Appreciate 0
      03-31-2008, 02:26 PM   #13
94JZA80
Captain
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Dude, at the bottom it says "Objective 500 KPH", the sketch, whether serious or just fun, made by the JUN company or not, meant to make it sound like they were going to make the car faster, which that wing absolutely would not do. I agree, judging by the picture, the only way it would be faster is on a track (perhaps, we'd have to see, i don't know enough about the car), which you obviously know as well, but you have to admit that if you read what it says, it's a ricer sketch. Whoever drew it thought "Hey! Lets throw a huge wing on and a fancy paint job then say it can go even faster than before!". Contrary to popular teenage jap tuner belief, big wings, tribal stripes, and fart cans don't make cars faster.
understood. and yes, i agree that the car pictured is a bit ricey. i was simply disagreeing with some statements indicating that if the Japanese got ahold of a Veyron (especially one of Japan's elite tuners like JUN, Mines, Top Secret, etc), they'd turn it into a rice mobile, which is simply not true.
      03-31-2008, 02:30 PM   #14
AJerman
Major
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by 94JZA80 View Post
understood. and yes, i agree that the car pictured is a bit ricey. i was simply disagreeing with some statements indicating that if the Japanese got ahold of a Veyron (especially one of Japan's elite tuners like JUN, Mines, Top Secret, etc), they'd turn it into a rice mobile, which is simply not true.
No, not all of them. There are plenty of good performance shops for any type of car, but what's the fun in not being able to call jap cars rice if they can pick on my Mustang, right?
Appreciate 0
      03-31-2008, 02:48 PM   #15
94JZA80
Captain
United_States
Rep

Quote:
No, not all of them. There are plenty of good performance shops for any type of car, but what's the fun in not being able to call jap cars rice if they can pick on my Mustang, right?
LOL its funny you mention that...i was driving around last Friday night (not picking on Mustangs ) when a white 03 Cobra comes up hard behind me and starts instigating. when we finally got down to it, i could not beat him. we were dead even from 40-110mph. i found out after the race that he was running a 13.5psi pulley...all in all, i'm content that i didn't actually lose this one .
      03-31-2008, 10:55 PM   #16
The_Blob
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2008 E92 335i

500 KPH would be dangerous if they didn't test the modded car in a wind tunnel in various conditions.
Appreciate 0