BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > M3 (E90 / E92 / E93) > General M3 Forum (E90 + E92 + E93)

06-16-2008, 10:59 PM   #45
Hans Delbruck
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: C63, 135i, Evo FE, GLE63

Quote:
Originally Posted by e46e92love View Post
Hans Delbruck=useless troll, always have been, and always will be.

whew yea, what the forum needs is more witty comebacks like yours.

love, I am a car lover too but I feel EVERY CAR has its merits, even a Nissan Sentra. The M3 DKG/DCT is a marvelous piece of engineering, and I think the engine and tranny are a great match. Quick takeoffs from a standstill are not one of its strong points, however. That's based on what I've read on the forum, just like you.

Oh well... I thought my smilie metaphor was funny. I made myself laugh and that's all that matters when you're a self-centered useless troublemaking troll like I am!
      06-17-2008, 03:53 AM   #46
swamp2
Lieutenant General
United_States
Rep
Drives: E92 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by swamp2 View Post
However, your question on the use of LC without LC controlling the throttle is a good question and demands a test. I'll let you know.
Result: Really no LC.

So when you engage LC and get the checkered flag icon the clutch is "popped" and shifts are automatic ONLY when you keep the pedal floored (and then let the stick pop into its normal position from being held forward). If you hold the rpms at some other point (say 3500 rpm) and then let the stick go the car just takes of mostly normal with a slipping of the clutch.
Appreciate 0
      06-17-2008, 04:39 AM   #47
footie
Major General
No_Country
Rep
Drives: i4M50

Garage List
Quote:
Result: Really no LC.

So when you engage LC and get the checkered flag icon the clutch is "popped" and shifts are automatic ONLY when you keep the pedal floored (and then let the stick pop into its normal position from being held forward). If you hold the rpms at some other point (say 3500 rpm) and then let the stick go the car just takes of mostly normal with a slipping of the clutch.

So I was correct in thinking that LC wasn't working without the throttle floored.
Appreciate 0
      06-17-2008, 04:45 AM   #48
mkoesel
United_States
Rep
Drives: No BMW for now

Quote:
Originally Posted by footie View Post
So I was correct in thinking that LC wasn't working without the throttle floored.
Seems so. Sounds like SpacecakeM was merely delunding himself I guess?
Appreciate 0
      06-17-2008, 02:24 PM   #49
Davo2003
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2008 M3 Coupe Jerez and loaded

Can someone explain "S6"? What is it if there are only 5 LED's?
      06-17-2008, 11:32 PM   #50
swamp2
Lieutenant General
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Davo2003 View Post
Can someone explain "S6"? What is it if there are only 5 LED's?
If you have a M3 with M-DCT and do not know what S6 is you have not used LC and your credibility in general is really hurting. You have to get into S6 before using LC and you have to turn DSC off before having access to S6. Once you turn DSC off and then when in S modes you will see another hollow bar appear in the Drivelogic modes area.

P.S. The dash illumination is not LEDs, none of it.
Appreciate 0
      06-17-2008, 11:47 PM   #51
Davo2003
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2008 M3 Coupe Jerez and loaded

Quote:
If you have a M3 with M-DCT and do not know what S6 is you have not used LC and your credibility in general is really hurting. You have to get into S6 before using LC and you have to turn DSC off before having access to S6. Once you turn DSC off and then when in S modes you will see another hollow bar appear in the Drivelogic modes area.

P.S. The dash illumination is not LEDs, none of it.
Well, I have used LC several times...it never says S6 when I use it.So not sure what you mean...I guess I will since yours is the only "answer" available. Cheers.
      06-23-2008, 04:36 PM   #52
MXrider38
Enlisted Member
United_States
Rep
Drives: 08 M3 comin soon!

I am totally new to the dct and trying to educate myself before I order my M3, so please excuse my ignorance here. Anyway I am not understanding how this launch control hold the lever forward etc. is working. Say for example I am at a drag strip and wanna launch the car. Does it work like I have the clutch engaged and there is somethig I would release to make the car take off like dumping the clutch on a green light, or do I have the wrong perception? Any info is appreciated.
Appreciate 0
      06-23-2008, 04:53 PM   #53
sg///M3
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2008 M3 DCT

Quote:
Originally Posted by MXrider38 View Post
I am totally new to the dct and trying to educate myself before I order my M3, so please excuse my ignorance here. Anyway I am not understanding how this launch control hold the lever forward etc. is working. Say for example I am at a drag strip and wanna launch the car. Does it work like I have the clutch engaged and there is somethig I would release to make the car take off like dumping the clutch on a green light, or do I have the wrong perception? Any info is appreciated.
In launch mode, hold the DCT (shift) lever forward until the checkered flag appears on the dash. Mash the go pedal to the floor. Release the lever when you're ready to take off. Computer does the rest. (Or at least that's the way I understand it.)
Appreciate 0
      06-23-2008, 06:54 PM   #54
swamp2
Lieutenant General
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Davo2003 View Post
Well, I have used LC several times...it never says S6 when I use it.So not sure what you mean...I guess I will since yours is the only "answer" available. Cheers.
All I can do is insist I am correct. THE ONLY way to get into LC mode is to BOTH have DSC off and be in S6. You could use your M button to have both of these settings stored. There is no way you can have used LC and not have used S6.
Appreciate 0
      06-23-2008, 07:17 PM   #55
exadius
Private
United_States
Rep
Drives: Space Grey E92 M3 M-DCT

Quote:
Open this link download the owners manual and go to page 67. You will find all the info you need on the launch control.

http://www.m3post.com/forums/showthread.php?t=143662
Appreciate 0
      06-23-2008, 07:20 PM   #56
MXrider38
Enlisted Member
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by exadius View Post
Open this link download the owners manual and go to page 67. You will find all the info you need on the launch control.

http://www.m3post.com/forums/showthread.php?t=143662
Went to the link but nothing is there.
Appreciate 0
      06-24-2008, 12:12 AM   #57
swamp2
Lieutenant General
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Went to the link but nothing is there.
Uhhhh, the first (underlined) link is the one to download the full DCT owners manual.
Appreciate 0
      06-24-2008, 08:50 AM   #58
rick berry
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2015 M4 DCT/ 2014 750li

DSC off= smoke. DSC on = not much. M mode = perfect. Launch control is great but for most street situation, just leave it in M mode and floor it.
Appreciate 0
      06-24-2008, 04:38 PM   #59
MXrider38
Enlisted Member
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Uhhhh, the first (underlined) link is the one to download the full DCT owners manual.
Yeah and you click on it and there is another link to a pdf file which comes up blank on my computer.
Appreciate 0
      06-24-2008, 04:47 PM   #60
MysticBlue
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: '20 M5C, '09 M3 DCT Coupe

Quote:
Yeah and you click on it and there is another link to a pdf file which comes up blank on my computer.
The page is blank while it downloads the pdf file, at least on mine. It might take a minute or two. Try it again and let it sit for a few minutes.
Appreciate 0
      06-24-2008, 05:27 PM   #61
MXrider38
Enlisted Member
United_States
Rep

Ok got it to work. Thanks!
Appreciate 0