BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > M3 (E90 / E92 / E93) > New and Preowned M3 Pricing, Ordering, Tracking / European Delivery / Dealer Reviews

European Auto Source (EAS)

03-09-2008, 01:04 PM   #1
swiss_cornholio
First Lieutenant
Switzerland
Rep
Drives: E92 DTC M3 (AW/PS)

M-DCT Europe Thread

I have ordered my E92 M3 with M-DCT a loooooong time ago. Delivery was first scheduled for April and now got moved back to June!!
Now I'm getting really pissed at BMW. We not only pay the double price over here, now we also have to wait much longer.

Did anything similar happen to you? (addressed to people living in Europe)
Appreciate 0
      03-09-2008, 01:07 PM   #2
jtown
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: TBD

Why are you mad about first production being delayed? That's sort of the price you pay when you go that route. Hopefully they are doing thorough tests so there aren't any issues when they release it.
Appreciate 0
      03-09-2008, 02:13 PM   #3
swamp2
Lieutenant General
United_States
Rep
Drives: E92 M3

I can feel your frustration but at the same time I am a bit happy that it seems the US will get DCT first. I'm not only happy for myself since I ordered DCT but happy that BMW seems to be showing some small preference for the US. We are the largest market for BMWs and for Ms yet will still have to wait patiently as our European counterparts enjoy their cars months before we do. Time for a little reversal on DCT.
Appreciate 0
      03-09-2008, 02:19 PM   #4
footie
Major General
Rep
Drives: i5M60

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by swamp2 View Post
I can feel your frustration but at the same time I am a bit happy that it seems the US will get DCT first. I'm not only happy for myself since I ordered DCT but happy that BMW seems to be showing some small preference for the US. We are the largest market for BMWs and for Ms yet will still have to wait patiently as our European counterparts enjoy their cars months before we do. Time for a little reversal on DCT.

Have you not hear swamp, the US DCT launch has been delayed until September.

Sorry for the bad news.
Appreciate 0
      03-09-2008, 02:21 PM   #5
nusevad
O! So Sour!!
United_States
Rep
Drives: Fast 240z / Slow M3

Garage List
1971 Datsun 240z  [0.00]
2008 M3  [9.60]
Quote:
Originally Posted by footie View Post
Have you not hear swamp, the US DCT launch has been delayed until September.

Sorry for the bad news.
Is that so, then why is my M-DCT spec'd car finished with production at sitting at the ports waiting for a ship? I doubt they will hold my car in a garage for 5 months after it arrives in April.
      03-09-2008, 02:31 PM   #6
footie
Major General
Rep
Drives: i5M60

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by FifthStreetz View Post
Is that so, then why is my M-DCT spec'd car finished with production at sitting at the ports waiting for a ship? I doubt they will hold my car in a garage for 5 months after it arrives in April.
It was purely to upset old swampie, after his comments of sorry to hear of your misfortune and isn't it great news for us which is only just being the biggest market and all that, I felt a little rub was in order just to put the willies up him.

Bad taste I know, but then his comments weren't any better.
Appreciate 0
      03-09-2008, 02:34 PM   #7
nusevad
O! So Sour!!
United_States
Rep
Drives: Fast 240z / Slow M3

Garage List
1971 Datsun 240z  [0.00]
2008 M3  [9.60]
Quote:
Originally Posted by footie View Post
It was purely to upset old swampie, after his comments of sorry to hear of your misfortune and isn't it great news for us which is only just being the biggest market and all that, I felt a little rub was in order just to put the willies up him.

Bad taste I know, but then his comments weren't any better.

I couldnt tell if it was sarcastic or serious. So
      03-09-2008, 03:06 PM   #8
GarryF
First Lieutenant
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: SSII E90 M3

To the orginal poster, in the UK the M3 isn't flying off the shelfs, part of the problem is no SMG replacement so 50%+ of buyers aren't intrested.

Now rather than repeat this cock-up in the USA it seems they are giving all production over there so DCT is effectively available just after launch.
Appreciate 0
      03-10-2008, 05:44 AM   #9
swiss_cornholio
First Lieutenant
Switzerland
Rep
Drives: E92 DTC M3 (AW/PS)

Quote:
Originally Posted by GarryF View Post
To the orginal poster, in the UK the M3 isn't flying off the shelfs, part of the problem is no SMG replacement so 50%+ of buyers aren't intrested.

Now rather than repeat this cock-up in the USA it seems they are giving all production over there so DCT is effectively available just after launch.
I think *everywhere* people haven't bought the M3 because they are waiting for DCT. It is also clear that BMW has a limited production of these transmissions during the first 3 months or so. The question is: Who is getting one during this time? Are most of them going to the US? That's why I asked Europeans if their orders (March to May) have been confirmed or delayed.
Appreciate 0
      03-10-2008, 06:03 AM   #10
DonM3
Captain
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: AW e92 M3

We in the UK have been told DCT will be available in June. Whether that means delivery in June or production in June is to be seen. Its probably that latter.

If I remember correctly forum member mofomat had a European DCT production of April. Maybe he can shed some light on the status of his order.
Appreciate 0
      03-10-2008, 07:19 AM   #11
Uli_HH
Lieutenant
Germany
Rep
Drives: AW M3 E90)/ 523i Touring

I have an M3 sedan on order, with M-DCT and 19" and an confirmed delivery first week of may with production week 17th ... talk to my dealer last on friday and no word about an delay ... ordered that car as early as July 2007 and my dealer makes an production slot firm very early ...

Greets Uli_HH
Appreciate 0
      03-10-2008, 01:56 PM   #12
Jonas Persson
Sweden
Rep
Drives: M3 e92 SSII on order

my car is already built. Week 10 production. Delivery week 14 or 15 with M-DCT of course!
Appreciate 0