BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > M3 (E90 / E92 / E93) > Regional Forums > USA - Northwest

EXXEL Distributions

04-29-2011, 09:54 PM   #1
L4ces
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2008 E92 M3 Alpine White

Garage List
2008 M3  [0.00]
Want hear Portland/Vanc owners with exhaust mods...

Gosh I want to hear something different than oem. Anyone willing to meet for a few - I'll buy the coffee.

In the meantime I'll consider heading up to Seattle. ... back to the Seattle thread... :-)
Appreciate 0
      05-01-2011, 11:32 AM   #2
mact3333
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 16' YMB/Blk F82

post edited as I indeed did get an exhaust in which I will modify to my liking....

Last edited by mact3333; 05-04-2011 at 01:49 PM..
Appreciate 0
      05-01-2011, 08:32 PM   #3
L4ces
Major
United_States
Rep

Garage List
2008 M3  [0.00]
I listened to a vid of the Corsa and was also impressed be I am sure we will get to hear something in person soon. I will definitely make the next track even if only to look out for for someone with an exhaust mod. I have mixed feelings and keep bouncing between manufacturers. At first I like Meistershaft (sp) and then I began to appreciate the touch of rasp and howl from some of the others I heard.

I drove to Seattle (from Vancouver, Wa) to pick up some small oysters (can't find them around here). It was beautiful drive but the only time I was in touch with the car was when I dropped to 3rd and floored it (and of course my rear seats were down to allow every bit of the music to seep in). Well, that wasn't enough and my wife said enough is enough, you gotta do something to this because it is way to boring.

We should hook up sometime soon and I may PM you before you PM me.
Appreciate 0
      05-01-2011, 09:14 PM   #4
GregW / Oregon
Commander-In-Chief
Rep
Drives: 2023 M2 Coupe, 2020 GLE 450

Garage List
Eisenmann Sport rear section only here. Nice improvement in tone and looks, though no weight savings. I'm happy with it for a daily driver. May not be radical enough for some younger owners, but it's perfect for my needs. I work downtown Portland and live in Lake Oswego.
Attached Images

Greg Lake Oswego, Oregon, USA
2023 M2 Coupe - Brooklyn Grey/Cognac/CF, 6MT; 2020 MB GLE 450
Appreciate 0
      05-02-2011, 08:34 AM   #5
Coast ghost
FoxRed/Extended/CarbonLeather/CarbonRoof/Comp/Tech
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2011 AW M3 Coupe Dinan Exh 6sp
Location: Oregon Coast,02,330i,Mcoupe,03 Dinan S-2 M3 all sold

I've got the full dinan race exhaust from headers back with dinan race software. It sounds good when cruising but sounds great when you hit it. It's music to my ears( in my opinion) it may not be for everybody though. Don't know if this helps,I might be in Portland this week, could give you a demo if i have time.
Appreciate 0
      05-02-2011, 08:39 PM   #6
L4ces
Major
United_States
Rep

Garage List
2008 M3  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by GregW / Oregon View Post
Eisenmann Sport rear section only here. Nice improvement in tone and looks, though no weight savings. I'm happy with it for a daily driver. May not be radical enough for some younger owners, but it's perfect for my needs. I work downtown Portland and live in Lake Oswego.
I agree that it looks good and so does the car. I am not looking for anything too radical (which is subjective) but this can only be a tasteful improvement over stock.

It would be great to hear it. I will ping you soon about when and where details to see what schedules and convenience.

Thanks in advance GregW
Appreciate 0
      05-02-2011, 08:46 PM   #7
L4ces
Major
United_States
Rep

Garage List
2008 M3  [0.00]
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Coast ghost View Post
I've got the full dinan race exhaust from headers back with dinan race software. It sounds good when cruising but sounds great when you hit it. It's music to my ears( in my opinion) it may not be for everybody though. Don't know if this helps,I might be in Portland this week, could give you a demo if i have time.
I know what you mean by music to the ears :-)
It would be great to hear it. Plus you get a chance to also hear stock and again appreciate your upgrade. I will PM you my contact info and if your time so permits, you can text me or call. Otherwise, wife and I can make a trip to your area. We are looking for another excuse for a road trip. If petite oysters was enough for Vancouver to Seattle and back... lol.

Thanks in advance.
Appreciate 0
      05-04-2011, 01:51 PM   #8
mact3333
Captain
United_States
Rep

Quote:

Greg,

Your mods are always well thought out and done in a practical and classy way...even dating back 10 yrs ago when you had your E46...my god I am getting old....
Appreciate 0
      05-11-2011, 08:19 PM   #9
GregW / Oregon
Commander-In-Chief
Rep
Drives: 2023 M2 Coupe, 2020 GLE 450

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by L4ces View Post
Gosh I want to hear something different than oem. Anyone willing to meet for a few - I'll buy the coffee.
Sorry I couldn't meet you today. What did you think of the Dinan? Did you get my email the other day? I can meet you downtown most days.

Greg Lake Oswego, Oregon, USA
2023 M2 Coupe - Brooklyn Grey/Cognac/CF, 6MT; 2020 MB GLE 450
Appreciate 0
      05-15-2011, 05:12 PM   #10
L4ces
Major
United_States
Rep

Garage List
2008 M3  [0.00]
Yes, I got your PM. I can meet downtown but it feels a little congested at times. I don't have a problem riding out to your area; I would prefer it over the stressful lunch breaks.

First, I want to say that Coast Ghost is a really nice guy. I really appreciated the time. I told him you were near by and we discussed whether we could afford to hang around so you can hear it too and simply meet for a moment, but time was indeed a factor.

We both idled our cars for comparison, the difference was huge. My M3 didn't deserve the M3 badge. In the forums I've read, the Dinan's are said to be lesser in louder than most others (tamer). I thought the sound range was huge. In normal driving it has the potential to just step up with a huge presence. While driving a few cars behind it, I was able to hear it without effort.

Oh, the throttle blip will startle other drivers causing some to perhaps swerve, I would have to reconsider driving habits when around other cars and people. With OEM, I can get away with stepping on the throttle heavily (not speeding just gassing it a bit), with Coast Ghosts setup I'd have to be out of the neighborhood else everyone will know who it is. I guess that comes with the territory.

But I can tell you this, there is a big disconnect between that heard out back than what you hear inside (yes obvious). But, if you haven't heard your setup from behind on the hiway, you should do so. I was shocked at how loud things got and it didn't compute. Echoing from building and stuff is what others tend to hear and it could get insane. Insane is the correct description too because it literally screams, my old 5.0 Mustang rumbled and roared. Coast Ghost hasn't heard his own car from the other drivers perspective, else he might be overly conscious and drive like a granny.
Appreciate 0
      05-16-2011, 04:55 PM   #11
mact3333
Captain
United_States
Rep

I love it...if I see a AW M3 at the coast and it rumbles I will know who it is...coast ghost and I are practically neighbor down at the coast....
Appreciate 0
      05-18-2011, 03:29 PM   #12
Coast ghost
FoxRed/Extended/CarbonLeather/CarbonRoof/Comp/Tech
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2011 AW M3 Coupe Dinan Exh 6sp
Location: Oregon Coast,02,330i,Mcoupe,03 Dinan S-2 M3 all sold

Quote:
Originally Posted by L4ces View Post
Yes, I got your PM. I can meet downtown but it feels a little congested at times. I don't have a problem riding out to your area; I would prefer it over the stressful lunch breaks.

First, I want to say that Coast Ghost is a really nice guy. I really appreciated the time. I told him you were near by and we discussed whether we could afford to hang around so you can hear it too and simply meet for a moment, but time was indeed a factor.

We both idled our cars for comparison, the difference was huge. My M3 didn't deserve the M3 badge. In the forums I've read, the Dinan's are said to be lesser in louder than most others (tamer). I thought the sound range was huge. In normal driving it has the potential to just step up with a huge presence. While driving a few cars behind it, I was able to hear it without effort.

Oh, the throttle blip will startle other drivers causing some to perhaps swerve, I would have to reconsider driving habits when around other cars and people. With OEM, I can get away with stepping on the throttle heavily (not speeding just gassing it a bit), with Coast Ghosts setup I'd have to be out of the neighborhood else everyone will know who it is. I guess that comes with the territory.

But I can tell you this, there is a big disconnect between that heard out back than what you hear inside (yes obvious). But, if you haven't heard your setup from behind on the hiway, you should do so. I was shocked at how loud things got and it didn't compute. Echoing from building and stuff is what others tend to hear and it could get insane. Insane is the correct description too because it literally screams, my old 5.0 Mustang rumbled and roared. Coast Ghost hasn't heard his own car from the other drivers perspective, else he might be overly conscious and drive like a granny.
Sorry no granny action here, their going to have to listen to that BMW V-8!! I'm sure it's not much different than a full akropovac setup as far as sound goes, but like I said it may not be for everyone, ecspecially a DD in the city.just replacing the exhaust only gives these cars a great sound IMO, no need to go with the full system like mine, just personal preference.
Appreciate 0
      05-25-2011, 08:45 PM   #13
jeremyw
Registered
Rep
Drives: German

Quote:
Originally Posted by mact3333 View Post
post edited as I indeed did get an exhaust in which I will modify to my liking....
I look forward to hearing your exhaust W.
Appreciate 0
      05-25-2011, 08:46 PM   #14
jeremyw
Registered
Rep
Drives: German

Quote:
It looks great Greg. I've seen you driving down Macadam many times but have to be behind you to listen to the Eisenmann. I look forward to that!
Appreciate 0
      06-01-2011, 01:17 PM   #15
L4ces
Major
United_States
Rep

Garage List
2008 M3  [0.00]
I met up with GregW last week to hear his Eissenman sport. In short, it sounds and looks really good. All I can say is that it I am even more excited to get an exhaust! The volume of the exhausts are hard to describe because the range varies so much. I can't say whether the Eissenman race will be too loud or just loud enough. Maybe I need to hear Greg's again :-)

The lowered stance makes a huge difference over stock obviously. I think the difference is dramatic in contrast to stock.
Appreciate 0
      06-01-2011, 01:19 PM   #16
L4ces
Major
United_States
Rep

Garage List
2008 M3  [0.00]
Mact333 have you completed the mod? I want to hear it because I have not ruled that option out. Well heck, have you started yet?
Appreciate 0