BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > M3 (E90 / E92 / E93) > Regional Forums > USA - NY / NJ / CT / PA

Mporium BMW

05-11-2014, 10:03 AM   #23
MTROIS
Major
France
Rep
Drives: on the wrong side of the Ocean

First off, I ALWAYS do use my signals, so for those of you who want to give lessons to others.... well, let's just leave it at that!

Secondly, I certainly do not put all cops in the same bag (please re-read the title of my thread) and I am enough of a man to take responsibility for my mistakes. As a matter of fact, I actually got out of a ticket a few years ago after I still thanked the officer and wished him a good day once he had handed me the summons. He was so surprised that he simply gave me a warning instead.

Now, in this particular case, even IF my signals was no longer working after 7 or 8 long minutes of waiting time (which I do not believe was the case anyway), I am surprised that the few of you who want to give lessons to others, you do not feel that the driver who was using his cellphone in the car in front of me deserved more a ticket than I did! This was a bogus ticket, period.

I guess haters are everywhere, including on this forum, but that is no surprise to me.

Have a nice weekend gents and be safe out there!
      05-11-2014, 10:05 AM   #24
MTROIS
Major
France
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Groundpilot View Post
That cop is not a scumbag. He is a retard if he said something like that.
+1... Some people out there are just angry jealous people.
      05-11-2014, 05:40 PM   #25
1LRM3
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: LRP M3 E92, MR M3 E93

Garage List
2013 BMW M3  [8.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by MTROIS View Post
First off, I ALWAYS do use my signals, so for those of you who want to give lessons to others.... well, let's just leave it at that!

Secondly, I certainly do not put all cops in the same bag (please re-read the title of my thread) and I am enough of a man to take responsibility for my mistakes. As a matter of fact, I actually got out of a ticket a few years ago after I still thanked the officer and wished him a good day once he had handed me the summons. He was so surprised that he simply gave me a warning instead.

Now, in this particular case, even IF my signals was no longer working after 7 or 8 long minutes of waiting time (which I do not believe was the case anyway), I am surprised that the few of you who want to give lessons to others, you do not feel that the driver who was using his cellphone in the car in front of me deserved more a ticket than I did! This was a bogus ticket, period.

I guess haters are everywhere, including on this forum, but that is no surprise to me.

Have a nice weekend gents and be safe out there!
For me, there is no hating and I never said you generalize re: all police, so I am going to presume you are not referring to me with your retort.

Agreed, if the behavior you describe of the officers was directed at you, that is wrong and unprofessional... but hard to prove they were laughing at you... it is a he said she said issue. And the ticket appears to be a "break your chops" one, but you stated he was behind you. Common sense would be to put the signal back on if it worked itself off. Typically, a no signal leads to other violations... who really knows what was in the mind of the cop. There are difficult people in every career.

The forum is just that, but there are a lot of good folks here with good info... no need to put a percent of the membership down... as a CCA instructor (as you state in your signature) do you not deal with all types of personalities? Let it be and handle the issue to your best ability. Good luck.
F.T.B.R. Garage, CT
Appreciate 0
      05-12-2014, 07:03 AM   #26
MTROIS
Major
France
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1LRM3
For me, there is no hating and I never said you generalize re: all police, so I am going to presume you are not referring to me with your retort.

Agreed, if the behavior you describe of the officers was directed at you, that is wrong and unprofessional... but hard to prove they were laughing at you... it is a he said she said issue. And the ticket appears to be a "break your chops" one, but you stated he was behind you. Common sense would be to put the signal back on if it worked itself off. Typically, a no signal leads to other violations... who really knows what was in the mind of the cop. There are difficult people in every career.

The forum is just that, but there are a lot of good folks here with good info... no need to put a percent of the membership down... as a CCA instructor (as you state in your signature) do you not deal with all types of personalities? Let it be and handle the issue to your best ability. Good luck.
You are correct, my response was absolutely not directed at you and I can only agree with you that there are many wonderful people on this forum, on the force, etc.
Unfortunately a few bad apples can ruin it for the other ones...

Have a great week!
      05-12-2014, 07:42 AM   #27
Verify
Captain
Rep
Drives: M3

So you broke the law, a law that is so EASY to follow, a law that im sure when someone in front of you breaks pisses you off, he gave you a ticket, and he's the disgrace?
Appreciate 0
      05-12-2014, 07:48 AM   #28
MTROIS
Major
France
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by SickeM3
So you broke the law, a law that is so EASY to follow, a law that im sure when someone in front of you breaks pisses you off, he gave you a ticket, and he's the disgrace?
Where do you read that I broke the law??
Just read carefully my post in stead of jumping to conclusion.
      05-12-2014, 10:16 AM   #29
tinman831
Captain
Rep

Quote:
Just read carefully my post instead oof jumping to conclusion.
If your turn signal wasnt on when you made the turn then you broke the law. It doesn't matter if the light was alternating or if you were at a four way stop, you're still required to signal. You're only mad (as would I) since you didn't get off with a warning. I would rate this similar to getting a ticket for going one mile over the speed limit. BS.
Appreciate 0
      05-12-2014, 10:47 AM   #30
Groundpilot
Banned
United_States
Rep
Drives: 135I DCT , e92 M3 DCT, Audi A6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carpacio View Post
Precisely. Everyone hates cops, until they need one. If the op wants to avoid tickets, he should follow the rules.
That cop did what he is paid to. You are right, technically speaking.
Having said that, what OP got that ticket for, was lame, or that pig, telling Matt that he shouldnt be driving his car if it cant handle the road full of pot holes, or that pig, that gave me a speeding ticket for going 7 mph over the limit.
Thats precisely why we hate cops.
Appreciate 0
      05-14-2014, 08:54 AM   #31
Verify
Captain
Rep

Quote:
Just read carefully my post in stead of jumping to conclusion.
when you wrote your blinker wasnt on, the same thing you were cited for. get over it, grow up, pay the fine, use your signal
Appreciate 0
      05-14-2014, 09:23 AM   #32
knolow
Captain
Rep
Drives: 2013 E92 M3

Definitly go fight the ticket make sure you see the prosecuter before you see the judge. Take pics of that very traffic light on red and green and print/bring them. Show this to the prosecuter and explain everything.

I had a different moving violation senario and did this and the prosecuter dismissed the ticket. Also I am a huge fan of dressing in a suite when I go to court I believe it helps play the mental game that you are a serious individual.
      05-14-2014, 01:15 PM   #33
obe100
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: on the weekends…

"Also I am a huge fan of dressing in a suite when I go to court I believe it helps play the mental game that you are a serious individual."

how many rooms????
Appreciate 0
      05-17-2014, 10:20 PM   #34
MaverickNemesis
Captain
Rep
Drives: Your Girl Crazy

I'm a LEO and 2 things that annoy me personally... Double parked vehicles and failure to signal. Those usually turn into avoidable accidents.
Appreciate 0