BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > E90/E92 M3 Technical Topics > Wash, Wax, Detail, Cosmetic Maintenance & Repairs

Mporium BMW

07-24-2008, 10:46 AM   #1
Mr.AK
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2008 M3 e92

Soap- Non-wax removing

What soap do you recommend that minimizes wax removal? Im looking into Blackfire. While you're at it, recommend a good detailing spray to use between waxes.
Appreciate 0
      07-25-2008, 10:15 AM   #2
sfbimmer13
Original Bavarian Heritage
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2008 E92 M3 DCT

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.AK View Post
What soap do you recommend that minimizes wax removal? Im looking into Blackfire. While you're at it, recommend a good detailing spray to use between waxes.
there are many choices - here are the ones that I have tried:
- Zaino Z7 wash - very mild, won't strip was and is vert slippery
- Chemical Guys Wash n Suds, Citrus Wash and Gloss
- P21S Bodywork Shampoo
      07-31-2008, 10:47 AM   #3
Mr.AK
Second Lieutenant
Rep

Thanks buddy, i ended up buying P21S shampoo, P21s paste wax. Stuff is legit. I'm also looking for the the best clay bar and polish or glaze i can get. Any suggestions? I went to Advanced Auto down the street and bought Mothers Clay bar $18 and Meguires Deep Crystal Polish $9 to practice on my Acura before claying/polishing/waxing the new car. These 2 products were ok but i wanna get some high grade stuff for the new M3.
Appreciate 0
      07-31-2008, 01:06 PM   #4
sfbimmer13
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Thanks buddy, i ended up buying P21S shampoo, P21s paste wax. Stuff is legit. I'm also looking for the the best clay bar and polish or glaze i can get. Any suggestions? I went to Advanced Auto down the street and bought Mothers Clay bar $18 and Meguires Deep Crystal Polish $9 to practice on my Acura before claying/polishing/waxing the new car. These 2 products were ok but i wanna get some high grade stuff for the new M3.
Zaino Z18 Claybar is quite good and so is the Pinnacle PolyClay - have tried both and they worked great - no marring or scratches if properly lubricated
      08-01-2008, 07:45 AM   #5
Mr.AK
Second Lieutenant
Rep

After doing some research, it appears that Zymol makes a very expensive approx. $45 clay bar w/OUT the lube that is "the best." Is it worth all that extra money? I need some user input before i buy. The Zaino clay worries me b/c of its red color on my alpine white car.
Appreciate 0
      08-01-2008, 12:52 PM   #6
Keto
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: F80 M3

Garage List
2015 BMW M3  [10.00]
Zaino clay is fine. Just keep it lubed. Use their Z-7 carwash for lube, they give the instructions.

I am a Zaino whore to be sure. Z-7 is fantastic stuff.
Appreciate 0
      08-01-2008, 02:18 PM   #7
sfbimmer13
United_States
Rep

Quote:
After doing some research, it appears that Zymol makes a very expensive approx. $45 clay bar w/OUT the lube that is "the best." Is it worth all that extra money? I need some user input before i buy. The Zaino clay worries me b/c of its red color on my alpine white car.
I would never use anything claylike without lube - you will scratch your paint for sure.

The clay bar color doesn't matter, since you should re-wash the car, or at least do a wipe down with QD after claying before the next step...