BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > E90/E92 M3 Technical Topics > Cosmetic/Visual (Exterior + Interior) Modifications

06-12-2020, 09:09 PM   #1
nyc_dude
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 09 //M3 e90 Interlagos Blue

Garage List
MMR Performance (UK) Billet DCT Shift Paddles

MMR Performance (UK) Billet DCT Shift Paddles

BMW E9X M3 DCT Shift Paddles
https://www.mmrperformance.co.uk/pro...ift-paddle-set

BMW F-Body Shift Paddles
https://www.mmrperformance.co.uk/pro...ift-paddle-set

There doesn't seem to be a US distributor. So order direct from MMR or Evolve Tuning (Eventuri).

MMR also makes an upgraded F8X M2/M4 S55 crank hub.

Cheers

Last edited by nyc_dude; 08-15-2020 at 05:45 PM..
Appreciate 0
      06-13-2020, 07:53 PM   #2
Redd
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: 2010 BMW E92 M3 Dakar Edition

They look really well made. But the shape looks like it belongs in a VW/Audi more than E9x.
Appreciate 0
      06-14-2020, 08:55 PM   #3
MShift
OG
Rep
Drives: MW '13 E92

I saw these recently in an evolve video...agree with @Redd that they are very nice but too much for the E9x.
Appreciate 0
      06-14-2020, 08:58 PM   #4
dozaiya
Captain
Taiwan
Rep
Drives: 2011 MW E92 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Redd View Post
They look really well made. But the shape looks like it belongs in a VW/Audi more than E9x.
+1 was gonna say the exact same thing, belongs on an audi
Appreciate 0
      06-15-2020, 05:17 AM   #5
amrazM
mTekMods
United_States
Rep
Drives: like a granny.

Word,

that style really doesnt fit the look of an E9x round steering wheel. Maybe if it was one of those funky flat bottom and flat top wheels.

G-Power Supercharged
First DCT to Manual Conversion Worldwide
KW CS, BBS RI-A, BW Headers, Snow 2.5
Appreciate 0
      08-01-2020, 04:37 PM   #6
nyc_dude
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 09 //M3 e90 Interlagos Blue

Garage List
My MMR Performance E9X M3 DCT paddle shifter set arrived in the mail from the UK, superfast. Comes in Titanium (Titanium/Gunmetal or Dark Anthracite/Black)

TIP: I ordered from the Evolve Tuning (Eventuri) USA website that carries this product....but instead of shipping from their Las Vegas warehouse, it shipped from the UK to LA in only 4 days. TNT UK was the shipper and it was delivered by FedEx Home. Tracking was off, since the shipper changed.

http://www.evolvetuning.us/bmw/bmw-3...92-e93-m3.html

Shipping was only $8 express from the UK. No VAT!! What a Deal!!
(Double check the MMR site for their shipping + VAT).

The price was higher than the MMR website, but seemed to match the MSRP + CA/LA sales tax (10%+), even though the invoice didn't show a separate sales tax line item.

Nice beefy piece of aluminum billet kit. I have to wait to install the MMR billet shifter paddles, since I need a new steering wheel trim piece covered in napa leather. The BMW OEM trim has a black matte coating that flakes off, like most other cheap BMW plastic trim.

UPDATE: It was 111deg F in SoCal today, so it was the perfect day to do some ///M mod indoors. I finally got a leather covered steering wheel trim piece and added the billet MMR paddles. Looks great with my custom flat bottom phat steering wheel from Royal Steering Wheels. Gotta clean that new leather trim piece already...Grrr. At least no more peeling black plastic matte coating.

Installation Tips:
- Push some tape around your smallest screwdriver tip to release the air bag to avoid damaging the plastic dimples.
(you may be able to repair the dimples with some heat from a blow dryer...and pushing in from inside to flatten it)s.
- The harness plug for the paddle shifters is released by putting a screwdriver under the side of the plug 90deg from the wires.
- Try to release the plastic tabs for each paddle plastic covers with your fingernails. Very fragile plastic.
- The ball bearing just sits in the hole...free. Springy when you put the new MMR paddles back in.
- Use the replacement T8 screws (vs the T10 OEM screws) that comes with your MMR paddles. Most screws are T20 or T10 in a BMW interior, especially steering wheels. Yeah, you need a precision screwdriver set with tiny Torx bits like the ones you use for computer/laptop/cell phone disassembly.
- IMPORTANTE: It is possible to install the wrong paddle on the wrong side of the steering wheel backwards (MMR logo facing you instead of the +/- face). Dry fit each paddle on the back of the steering before reassembly. Or only do (disassemble/reassemble) one paddle at a time, to avoid this goofball mistake. I had a RHD/LHD brain fart for a good 15 minutes, as in "Everything in the UK is backwards when it comes to cars." HaHa.

Beautiful hunk of metal...good for an extra 10 HP. Pedal Haus also makes nice billet paddle shifters, that are more rounded. The MMR paddles are more angular.

Cheers

Last edited by nyc_dude; 08-15-2020 at 06:13 PM..
Appreciate 0