BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > M3 Marketplace > Vendor Comments/Review/Feedback Forum

EXXEL Distributions

05-30-2020, 04:20 PM   #1
OVO_Sav
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2013 E92 BMW M3

Forum scammer Ed22

Learn from my mistake and do not associate with this guy John Edwards "from Texas."

For starters, I posted a WTB thread for some challenge sport x pipes. "John Edwards" sends me a pm saying he has one for sale and would be willing to ship it to me. We get to talking and come to an agreement on $900 shipped for the part. He asked me to pay through zelle which was my mistake for not being cautious. I sent him $450 as a deposit to hold the item and we agreed I send him the second part of the payment once the item has been shipped. He told me he worked in the medical field and has been super busy which is why he hasnt been responding as much. I also noticed his area code is from North Carolina even though he said hes from Texas. I gave him the benefit of the doubt and was being patient working with him. He told me he sent the pipes to fedex and sent me a picture of the shipping label. I sent him over the second payment and he told me he didnt receive it. I called my bank to verify if it was sent and they said that the sender accepted the money already. I called "John" and he said he requested a refund to be sent back because he "didnt have access" to the account. However, he told me to send money again to that same account that "wasnt working." I told him he wouldnt be receiving anymore money from me until I see the refund he claimed I would get. Also to be safe, I went to fedex to ask them to look up the shipping label he sent me and they said it wasn't created in the system. It was pretty obvious it was fake since the barcode number was "123456 1234567." I looked up the address he was shipping from and it was a medical center in Texas..... Anyways, its been about 3 days since ive last heard from him. Hes been ignoring all my texts and phone calls so its safe to assume ive just been scammed out of $900....... Its an expensive learning experience but now i understand why people always do transactions through paypal. Anyways if theres a guy named John Edwards from Texas that is trying to buy or sell you stuff, i HIGHLY recommend just ignoring him since he is not credible at all......
Appreciate 1
wfdeacon881102.50
      05-30-2020, 04:26 PM   #2
OVO_Sav
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Part 1
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      05-30-2020, 04:35 PM   #3
OVO_Sav
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Part 2
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      05-30-2020, 05:30 PM   #4
wfdeacon88
Major
Rep
Drives: E90 M3

yikes that's sucks. Sorry that happened. Definitely only use PayPal and tons of scammers out there. How he texted was also a red flag. Using the word "Commence" over and over is not normal. Might not even be someone in this country.
Appreciate 0
      05-30-2020, 05:45 PM   #5
OVO_Sav
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by wfdeacon88 View Post
yikes that's sucks. Sorry that happened. Definitely only use PayPal and tons of scammers out there. How he texted was also a red flag. Using the word "Commence" over and over is not normal. Might not even be someone in this country.
Yah, its my fault for being so carefree and giving him the benefit of the doubt. I just got too excited to get new parts ):
Appreciate 0
      05-30-2020, 06:14 PM   #6
JPWEraser
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2016 Corvette Z06/Z07

You made some mistakes as you pointed out but... it's pretty shitty for someone to scam especially now and to have the nerve to pose as someone doing work for the greater good to get away with it. Sad times. Sorry you lost on this one and thanks for the heads up.
Appreciate 0
      05-30-2020, 07:02 PM   #7
OVO_Sav
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by JPWEraser View Post
You made some mistakes as you pointed out but... it's pretty shitty for someone to scam especially now and to have the nerve to pose as someone doing work for the greater good to get away with it. Sad times. Sorry you lost on this one and thanks for the heads up.
Its unfortunate. The extent people will go to scam someone out of their own hard earned money. At least I can warn the community so no one else makes the same mistake I did.
Appreciate 0
      05-30-2020, 07:30 PM   #8
SwagMuffin
Private First Class
United_States
Rep

https://f80.bimmerpost.com/forums/sh...7#post26168637

https://www.e90post.com/forums/showt...t=ed22+scammer

sorry buddy, he also tried to sell me apex wheels recently and seemed super sketch so I didn't go through with it. Here is what I found at the time.
Appreciate 0
      05-30-2020, 08:04 PM   #9
OVO_Sav
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by SwagMuffin View Post
https://f80.bimmerpost.com/forums/sh...7#post26168637

https://www.e90post.com/forums/showt...t=ed22+scammer

sorry buddy, he also tried to sell me apex wheels recently and seemed super sketch so I didn't go through with it. Here is what I found at the time.
Dam, i should of looked up information about him before sending any money.... thanks for sending me these links. Its good to know theres awareness about this
Appreciate 0
      05-30-2020, 08:22 PM   #10
wfdeacon88
Major
Rep

People like this should be tracked down and charged... I'm sure someone with the tech skills could find them. If the phone number is real, it would be easy. but it's likely a spoofed number. I would ask around though.
Appreciate 0