BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > M3 Marketplace > Private Sellers - For Sale / Trade / Wanted > Electronics: Audio / Video / Phone / Alarm / Navigation / Radar

05-09-2020, 09:05 AM   #23
nycplumber
Major
Rep
Drives: slow

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vuu View Post
Since you and I help out with this issue on FB and the forums, we might as well start our own company
Lmao. I love to help the community so maybe we'll start a YouTube channel and can get some $$$ for it 😁😁😁
Appreciate 0
      05-09-2020, 09:08 AM   #24
nycplumber
Major
Rep
Drives: slow

Quote:
Originally Posted by Redd View Post
Yes you can. The Android side has its own camera channel (called DVR) and you can still keep the stock automatic reverse camera channel. So I have a front camera hooked up to DVR, and also have my reverse camera. The reverse camera comes on the screen whenever reverse gear is selected. DVR must by manually selected on the Android home screen.
Would be cool for a track car so you can record your laps

Quote:
Originally Posted by Redd View Post

Here's the catch - only one audio source can be active at one time. So, if you music stream thru iDrive BT, but want to have Waze on the android screen, you can only get music OR Waze audio, but not both.

If you BT music stream thru the Android side only, you can get both music and Waze alerts at the same time, but audio will be thru Aux and quality suffers.
That's the only downside but nothing is perfect in this world lol
Appreciate 0
      05-09-2020, 12:49 PM   #25
g35mt
Private
Rep
Drives: BMW m3 F80

OP, If you don't want to pay AvinUSa price, you can get it from Aliexpress. the newer unit is android 10 and you probably save yourself over 200 from aliexpress. Now the only down side to aliexpress is that support is not that great if thing hit the roof. With Avinusa, at least you have paypal for protection.

Now when you order thru aliexpress, they bundle everything, like microphone, etc. On my friend unit, he got the microphone, the DAB antenna. The only thing you have to buy is the carlinkit wireless apple carplay, Rear trunk camera for reverse and/or dashcam. Hope that help.

Wireless carplay adapter
https://www.aliexpress.com/item/3298...20bd4c4ddlcO5I

Dashcam
https://www.aliexpress.com/item/3298...20bd4c4ddlcO5I

Rear Camera trunk
https://www.aliexpress.com/item/3304...20bd4c4ddlcO5I

Head Unit
https://www.aliexpress.com/item/4000...20bd4c4ddlcO5I
Appreciate 0
      05-09-2020, 07:17 PM   #26
Redd
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: 2010 BMW E92 M3 Dakar Edition

Yes get the latest ones with Snapdragon chipset. They support onboard SIM and are generally a faster proc.
Appreciate 0
      05-16-2020, 10:41 AM   #27
georgebmwM3
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2008 BMW M3

Garage List
2008 BMW M3  [9.00]
2017 Camaro ZL1  [0.00]
@NYCplumber: I am close to ordering this unit from ADC. I'm trying to verify that the AUX is part of their wire harness. If that's the case, we don't need to run a cable to the center console. Also, if I order the Apple Car Play does that come with all the hardware? Does it have a GPS splitter or do I need to order that as an extra item? Thank you for your assist.
Appreciate 0
      05-18-2020, 11:36 AM   #28
g35mt
Private
Rep

be aware that if you use the splitter, you might have to reconfigure your factory nav address. There is a process on youtube show you to access hidden menu for the factory nav.

What happen to my friend situation is that after he install the unit for aliexpress (which is same unit as the avinusa and other), the factory navigation location got reset. the car current location is in the pacific ocean. What we did was to specify the current address by entering it using the hidden menu. Then the factory navigation able to determine the current location.

Quote:
Originally Posted by georgebmwM3 View Post
@NYCplumber: I am close to ordering this unit from ADC. I'm trying to verify that the AUX is part of their wire harness. If that's the case, we don't need to run a cable to the center console. Also, if I order the Apple Car Play does that come with all the hardware? Does it have a GPS splitter or do I need to order that as an extra item? Thank you for your assist.
Appreciate 0
      05-18-2020, 09:20 PM   #29
Wellcraft
Private
Rep
Drives: E92 alpine white M3 Comp

In the end, which is the best unit out there for our cars, Avin, ADC, or are they all the same?
Appreciate 0
      05-19-2020, 03:03 AM   #30
Redd
Brigadier General
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by g35mt View Post
be aware that if you use the splitter, you might have to reconfigure your factory nav address. There is a process on youtube show you to access hidden menu for the factory nav.

What happen to my friend situation is that after he install the unit for aliexpress (which is same unit as the avinusa and other), the factory navigation location got reset. the car current location is in the pacific ocean. What we did was to specify the current address by entering it using the hidden menu. Then the factory navigation able to determine the current location.
Weird. I added my aliexpress unit first and no issues. Then I added a GPS splitter later and also no issues.
Appreciate 0
      05-19-2020, 03:04 AM   #31
Redd
Brigadier General
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wellcraft View Post
In the end, which is the best unit out there for our cars, Avin, ADC, or are they all the same?
They're all the same, probably made at the same plants in China. If you're worried, get one with support. But I've had my aliexpress unit with Android 4.4.2 for 3+ years now and zero issues.
Appreciate 0
      05-19-2020, 10:21 AM   #32
Tut4u2
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 1M3 Conversion

Short off adding a USB DAC, is there anything one can do to improve the audio through the HU itself? It is absolutely garage so I'm still using the audio from the stock HU.
Appreciate 0
      05-19-2020, 12:11 PM   #33
g35mt
Private
Rep

i would go with the unit below. From my reading on the carplay thread, this unit uses bluetooth to route audio vs using aux.

https://www.aliexpress.com/item/4000...79b59daetUDr5X

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tut4u2 View Post
Short off adding a USB DAC, is there anything one can do to improve the audio through the HU itself? It is absolutely garage so I'm still using the audio from the stock HU.
Appreciate 0