BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > E90/E92 M3 Technical Topics > Coding / ConnectedDrive / Audio-Video / Electronics / Bluetooth / I-Drive & Nav

BPM

02-23-2019, 12:39 PM   #1
Phil_M_Robinson
Rep
Drives: E92 M3 Dakar Edition

E92 M3 - Removed iDrive/CiC - Side Indicators Not Working

Hi all

I have converted my E92 M3 from CiC to non-Nav specification.

In total, I removed the wiring loom that controls the Bluetooth, Navigation, SoS, and the wiring loom associated with that, the speaker system and the amplifier.

Everything is working fine still, with the exception of the front fender turn indicators. The front headlight and rear lights work fine, as do the indicators there.

I did not cut any wires, I removed the loom end to end - and cannot understand why the indicators are now not working.

Also, the indicators front and rear are not blinking excessively quickly, and they work on turn signal and hazards...

It would also appear that I have voltage on the pins when the turn signals are active, however I cannot say for certain what the voltage is as my meter doesn't react quickly enough to the momentary input - however the rough reading it could be showing is 12v (It's a series of blocks in intervals of 10 and I have 1 block)

Since the change also, my indicators do not flash on lock/unlock too

Any ideas?
Appreciate 0
      02-23-2019, 01:54 PM   #2
Scrippy
Lord Scrip
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2011 M3 Coupe

Garage List
  [0.00]
2007 BMW 335i  [0.00]
If you have a coding cable remove the VO info for the devices that you physically removed. This should straighten out the remaining devices to run the system normally. Your nfrm is probably looking for your CCC unit that is no longer there.
      02-23-2019, 02:00 PM   #3
Phil_M_Robinson
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scrippy View Post
If you have a coding cable remove the VO info for the devices that you physically removed. This should straighten out the remaining devices to run the system normally. Your nfrm is probably looking for your CCC unit that is no longer there.
I have already had that done. What doesn't quite make sense is the rest of the lights are functioning, as normal...just not these side turn ones...
Appreciate 0
      02-23-2019, 08:15 PM   #4
Scrippy
Lord Scrip
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2011 M3 Coupe

Garage List
  [0.00]
2007 BMW 335i  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Phil_M_Robinson View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scrippy View Post
I have already had that done. What doesn't quite make sense is the rest of the lights are functioning, as normal...just not these side turn ones...
I'm not as knowledgeable as others but VO changes how modules interact with each other. Maybe look into the firm parameters pertaining to those blinkers.
      02-24-2019, 04:30 AM   #5
Phil_M_Robinson
Rep

I'll do that.

I mean, it may also be the case that the blinkers have stopped working...I've ordered a new pair from BMW.
Appreciate 0
      02-27-2019, 06:19 PM   #6
Nickco43
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: 08 E92 BMW M3

Garage List
2008 BMW  [0.00]
You will have to remove all of the CIC VO codes and add back in the pro radio VO codes. FA_Write the changes to the CAS and FRM. Then I would go one by one and factory code each module.
Appreciate 0
      02-28-2019, 06:00 AM   #7
Phil_M_Robinson
Rep

Many thanks for everyone's replies.

The VO has been coded to accept the vehicle changes - this was done by a friend of mine and he confirmed.

And also, the indicator fault was the simplest solution - both strips had blown! New ones in and working a treat.
Appreciate 0