BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > M3 (E90 / E92 / E93) > General M3 Forum (E90 + E92 + E93)

Mporium BMW
Closed Thread

04-02-2008, 11:31 AM   #2355
aznshrek88
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2007 328i SG

Today is DELIVERY can't wait to see the swt pics Dooma!

Appreciate 0
      04-02-2008, 11:35 AM   #2356
MadDog
Careful, I Bite.....
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2006 325i

Garage List
2006 325i  [7.50]
Quote:
Originally Posted by aznshrek88 View Post
Today is DELIVERY can't wait to see the swt pics Dooma!

No. Today is Transport day. Delivery is on April 9th.
Appreciate 0
      04-02-2008, 11:40 AM   #2357
cngzsn
Rep
Drives: '05 330i ZHP

Quote:
Originally Posted by BMW M5 Power View Post
The point of all this was that Ken get his M3 at the price he bid....he has.
Plus the legal costs which probably brought the price to MSRP, maybe more. And he got a color combo he didn't want... Reason: Husker. Was it worth pushing this issue this far: Definitely... Another dealer is going to have to think twice before hitting the "Submit" button when they sell on EBAY the next time. Or they will just be honest from the beginning and ask for what they want without resorting to such "miscamtakes"...

We can now worry about the economy, war, etc...
Appreciate 0
      04-02-2008, 11:54 AM   #2358
Fortune2008
Rep
Drives: Mercedes C300D

Yes, Jeff, local BMW CCA president and shill for Huckster. I plan to queue up and buy from them, too. NOT. I cant afford the attorneys fees when I buy it at the E-Bay price.
Appreciate 0
      04-02-2008, 12:03 PM   #2359
BMW M5 Power
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: 1991 BMW M5

Quote:
Originally Posted by cngzsn View Post
Plus the legal costs which probably brought the price to MSRP, maybe more. And he got a color combo he didn't want... Reason: Husker. Was it worth pushing this issue this far: Definitely... Another dealer is going to have to think twice before hitting the "Submit" button when they sell on EBAY the next time. Or they will just be honest from the beginning and ask for what they want without resorting to such "miscamtakes"...

We can now worry about the economy, war, etc...
Oh, I FULLY agree that dealerships will be revisiting their online auction practices. Too bad it took something like this, getting as big as it did, to bring this to light. I think the biggest point here is that E-bay was all bark and no bite. Much like I stated in my previous post, how may e-bayers even know about this? Hundred of thousands of bidders, thousands of dealerships selling there, who really was affected?? I wonder if Ebay just kept it on the lowdown and did nothing in an attempt to let it blow over, not raise attention to it. Would make sense.

In the end, the seller and the buyer, thru counsel and whatever, had to make terms. Not to deflect anything off on them, I think Laslo has also stated his distaste with Ebay in many of his posts. I think this just proved many of his points. As for BMW NA, I am certain there will be some sort of "suggested online selling practices" bulletin sent out at some point. At the least, I bet it will be discussed regionally. In the end, as many have stated, these are independent dealerships/franchises for whatever that means. Lots of theories out there, including mine.

Jeff
Appreciate 0
      04-02-2008, 12:10 PM   #2360
BMW M5 Power
Enlisted Member
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fortune2008 View Post
Yes, Jeff, local BMW CCA president and shill for Huckster. I plan to queue up and buy from them, too. NOT. I cant afford the attorneys fees when I buy it at the E-Bay price.
Yes, thank you for proving my point. Given your location and choice of vehicle, you will be sadly missed as a potential client I'm sure. No disrespect intended.
Jeff
Appreciate 0
      04-02-2008, 12:35 PM   #2361
sdifox
Rep
Drives: 2002 Mazda P5

Quote:
Originally Posted by MichaelSTS View Post
The "Honorable" thing for them to do is to SHUT THE HELL UP!!! They were gaining a little respect the last couple of days...... now this!!! Do they think that they can just "slip in" a little statement and make things all better and life will go on. Sign me up for "THE FUND" - The legal fund- to Ken or whatever we need to do to set the record straight. Do they take us for a bunch of dummies? Let's get that car to Ken first.
Err, from what you have seen so far about this place, you think the word honour has anything to do with them?
Appreciate 0
      04-02-2008, 12:53 PM   #2362
Fortune2008
Rep
Drives: Mercedes C300D

For all the guys ragging on Doom about maybe not having the money, take a look at this http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/23879390/

Seems auto loans are getting harder and harder to get in the lower 48. But Doom got both a loan and then a lease, which helped bring out Hucksters true colours. I bet they tried to get him to lease from them with all the high pressure since financing a car is one of the ways a stealer can make a profit. In fact I have read that sale of a new car is the least profitable part of the transaction for the stealer. Financing, sale of extras, sale of used cars, service, are all ahead of how much a stealership makes on new car sales.

Fil was probably real sad when Doom didn't give him the chance to make his profit back probably with a fantastic lease (NOT) which explains why he (Fil) refused to take the deposit until Doom's barrister forced the issue.

Amazing story. But did the car actually ship today or is Huckster looking for some more great P.R. to keep this story alive for another month?
Appreciate 0
      04-02-2008, 01:18 PM   #2363
hapybrian
Visitor From s2ki
United_States
Rep
Drives: Silverstone S2000

Quote:
Originally Posted by sleeper3 View Post
Congrats!
Not sure if this has been posted before, but did anyone catch this article?
http://www.imakenews.com/huskerauto/...nCC8q,b943bD5D
Holy Crap! They have some nerve posting up something like that!!

I'm sure they'll get what's coming to them.....
Appreciate 0
      04-02-2008, 01:27 PM   #2364
STE92VE
STEVIL Empire
United_States
Rep
Drives: Fast

Quote:
Originally Posted by hapybrian View Post
Holy Crap! They have some nerve posting up something like that!!

http://www.imakenews.com/huskerauto/...nCC8q,b943bD5D
I'm sure they'll get what's coming to them.....
If you click on the link for "valuable service coupons" you can get an offer for a free oil change....but I don't think they're using BMW certified synthetic...

Appreciate 0
      04-02-2008, 02:37 PM   #2365
gundamfans
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2007 E90 335i

Garage List
2007 E90 335i  [0.00]
so where is dooma350? what's the latest update?
2007 E90 335i|6MT|Sapphire Black Metallic|Black Leather|Aluminum Trim|ZSP|ZPP|CWP|Aluminum Pedals|M-Aero Kit|Blackline Tailights|E46 ZHP Knob|Euro Foglight Switch|M-Sport Perforated Leather steering wheel|M-Sport Perforated E-Brake|Front Carbon Fibre Splitter Kit|BMW Performance 19" Wheels|Meisterschaft Touring Exhaust Full Cat-Back System
Appreciate 0
      04-02-2008, 02:38 PM   #2366
g00fba11
Rep
Drives: cayman

Quote:
Yes, thank you for proving my point. Given your location and choice of vehicle, you will be sadly missed as a potential client I'm sure. No disrespect intended.
Jeff
Jeff: the reason people are bashing you is simply your apparent hypocritical views, whether you are aware of it or not. You EXPLICITLY claimed to be neutral, but implicit in your numerous statements are vigorous defense of the dealer's practices, and hints of improper behaviours on the part of dooma. It was obvious that you portend to play good side of the good cop/bad cop strategy.

You may think that this issue does not matter, it matters a whole lot to consumers everywhere who just about had it with slimy dealers, and had no avenue for complaints and fairness before. I can't quite understand why you don't think people are upset about this whole thing, and how the dealer is trying to manipulate the outcome to unsuspecting public. A little self-retrospect would be useful for you...no disrespect intended.

Last edited by g00fba11; 04-02-2008 at 02:40 PM.. Reason: clarification
Appreciate 0
      04-02-2008, 02:58 PM   #2367
mbonus
Private
Rep
Drives: 2015 BMW 335i

@g00fba11

I haven't read every single syllable posted by jeff, but he has come across to me to be objective. The fact that he has gone to the dealership to collect visual information about the condition of the car has been a plus, and I am sure, appreciated by Ken.

Just because he hasn't drank the cool aid is not a reason to hate.
Appreciate 0
      04-02-2008, 03:16 PM   #2368
MadDog
Careful, I Bite.....
United_States
Rep

Garage List
2006 325i  [7.50]
Quote:
Originally Posted by STE92VE View Post
If you click on the link for "valuable service coupons" you can get an offer for a free oil change....but I don't think they're using BMW certified synthetic...

Actually, here's the oil coupon from Husker:

Not a bad deal, if you ask me....
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      04-02-2008, 03:32 PM   #2369
Epacy
Reincarnated
Rep
Drives: 02 Maxima SE

Garage List
2008 M3  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by g00fba11 View Post
Jeff: the reason people are bashing you is simply your apparent hypocritical views, whether you are aware of it or not. You EXPLICITLY claimed to be neutral, but implicit in your numerous statements are vigorous defense of the dealer's practices, and hints of improper behaviours on the part of dooma. It was obvious that you portend to play good side of the good cop/bad cop strategy.

You may think that this issue does not matter, it matters a whole lot to consumers everywhere who just about had it with slimy dealers, and had no avenue for complaints and fairness before. I can't quite understand why you don't think people are upset about this whole thing, and how the dealer is trying to manipulate the outcome to unsuspecting public. A little self-retrospect would be useful for you...no disrespect intended.
+1 It's not hard to understand, Jeff.
      04-02-2008, 03:50 PM   #2370
BMW M5 Power
Enlisted Member
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by g00fba11 View Post

Goofball,

Let me be clear. Was there a screw-up, perhaps several, on the part of the dealership, yes. I will not nor cannot deny that. It is just beyond me that now after the deal is done, the car is scheduled for pick-up and transportation, Kens money is in the bank and for all intents and purposes this portion of the saga is over, still posters are doom and gloom. I have taken my own time to take pictures and document events for the interested parties here. I have NEVER bashed Ken at all. In fact we have shared several e-mails where he has thanked me for some of the behind the scenes and in the open things I have done. Let me see, the buyer has no problem with me, the seller has no problem with me or my posts. Would that be because they are actually based in fact???? Believe me, the lawyers have spared no time in calling out each other with versions of the truth. They aren't contacting me here or offline. The only thing I had even said to Ken was, "Please pay for the car soon" in hopes of ending all this, which he did....end of story. When Ken's financial position and the willingness of the dealer to sell were in question and I knew deal, I spoke in efforts to quell the next wave of blasts. Ken certainly didn't need to get turned on while he was waiting for the bank to send the money!!

In all, I am the only one that needs to feel comfortable with my posts and my position. What others think of me means nothing to me. They are opinions, they are welcome to them. I will sleep like a baby just the same.

Ken, the truck is on its way. Don't know the exact time, but they will call me so I can take pics. Will post them here, unless that is being too biased....

Jeff
Appreciate 0
      04-02-2008, 04:06 PM   #2371
Epacy
Reincarnated
Rep

Garage List
2008 M3  [0.00]
I will be quoting some of your propaganda to help you understand why people question your sincerity.

Quote:
Further, the car is Kens, it HAS been since Monday, all he has to do is have someone, anyone, send the money and pay for it...that's it. Nothing fishy about that.
Why do you portray this as it has always been Ken's car? Even when the rep called him and told him the auction was a mistake? Even then the car was Ken's in HAG eyes?
Get real, don't feed us this bull.

Quote:
One thing remains, he can have the car!!

Quote:
It doesn't affect me either way as I must remain neutral in matters like this. As President of BMW CCA, Missouri Valley Chapter in this region, we have a great relationship , as do our members, with both area dealerships. So, I am not posting to support or bash, just to relay what I know as several staff members of BMW of Lincoln are members, some board members of our chapter. Do I have Fil's (which is short for a very Italian name) phone number on my iphone, yes. Did I get an e-mail response from Larry VanTuyl on this matter when I e-mailed him, yes. Do I know the facts, seen the documents, heard the terroristic phone messages, text messages and other various pranks, and seen the disgust in the eyes of the operators that field these calls, yes. Still I kept quiet...
Quote:
I have not posted as I really wanted to remain neutral
Quote:
I am not a troll, just some lowly 1991 BMW M5 driver who happens to be closer to the situation than I expected.
Quote:
Feel free to flame me just the same, call me what you want, I have no angle here, nothing invested.
Quote:
It isn't an issue of Dealership loyalty.
Any basic reading toddler can infer from your numerous mentions of "being neutral" that something is amiss. Noone says something like that so many times, all this from one post, without trying to plant that idea in someone's head while they then spew positive material about the other party. It is QUITE obvious and I am very surprised you continue to act like a neutral party. The gig is up.

Quote:
Further, Fil did NOT even know about this situation until after the Internet sales guy tried to squash his screw-up, which is what it was, by some quick footwork that didn't obviously work.
If the car was always Ken's then why would the Internet sales guy need to call Ken and tell him it was all a big mistake and he can't have the car?
Exactly, that doesn't make any sense, does it?

Quote:
That place was packed all week with people going in to check out the "infamous" ebay M3. In fact, BMW of Lincoln has sold, and pre-sold, more cars to locals this week thru the foot traffic generated by this so. I would bet they have lost nothing from the stack of new sales order I saw.
If that was the case then why would HAG allegedly be suing for lost business due to this "un-warranted" publicity?

Quote:
Originally Posted by HAG Bid Red Review
Being the honorable dealership that Husker is, they agreed to honor the price of $60,000 for the BMW E90 M3. This vehicle typically would have been priced around $70,000. At Husker BMW, we honor all contracts. And in this case we covered the $10,000 for the vehicle to make our customer happy.
You try to paint such a rosy picture of HAG yet we know the very comments they send out to their customers is complete BS.
If HAG is so honorable, they honor all contracts, and want to make Ken happy, why would they enlist the services of two different attorneys to try and get out of the deal after the Internet sales guy unsuccesfully attempted to void the auction with Ken?

Is it clearer now why your rhetoric is being questioned?
The tone and content of your posts clearly demonstrate you have an agenda.
      04-02-2008, 04:07 PM   #2372
BMW M5 Power
Enlisted Member
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by MadDog View Post
Actually, here's the oil coupon from Husker:

Not a bad deal, if you ask me....
Mad Dog,

Exactly right. It is lifetime changes for life at that price and it is with BMW Synthetic oil. I take the 99' 740iL all the time for this. I prefer to do my own changes on my M5 though. This could be as high as $99 at some dealerships. Some I have seen as low as $29 but does not include a filter. I agree, it is a good deal but still people think there must be a hitch....there is not.

As you know, if you buy a new BMW it has 4 years of free oil service, and really anything else, including wipers. This promo is geared for the clients that buy CPO cars or whatever. The Mercedes cars are sold and serviced in the same building and are also afforded the same offer.

Certainly the opportunity to inspect the car and find anything else that might need replacing at the same time is great. This is nothing new to any dealership. Others just might charge you full boat for the oil change and then let you know something is wrong. A different approach.

Hopefully my concurrence with your post will be taken at face value and not an advertisement....

Jeff
Appreciate 0
      04-02-2008, 04:21 PM   #2373
MadDog
Careful, I Bite.....
United_States
Rep

Garage List
2006 325i  [7.50]
Quote:
Mad Dog,

Exactly right. It is lifetime changes for life at that price and it is with BMW Synthetic oil. I take the 99' 740iL all the time for this. I prefer to do my own changes on my M5 though. This could be as high as $99 at some dealerships. Some I have seen as low as $29 but does not include a filter. I agree, it is a good deal but still people think there must be a hitch....there is not.

As you know, if you buy a new BMW it has 4 years of free oil service, and really anything else, including wipers. This promo is geared for the clients that buy CPO cars or whatever. The Mercedes cars are sold and serviced in the same building and are also afforded the same offer.

Certainly the opportunity to inspect the car and find anything else that might need replacing at the same time is great. This is nothing new to any dealership. Others just might charge you full boat for the oil change and then let you know something is wrong. A different approach.

Hopefully my concurrence with your post will be taken at face value and not an advertisement....

Jeff

Jeff,

I wasn't endorsing Husker with my posting of their $1.99 oil special, but your response certainly sounds like you're shilling for them.

My .02.
Appreciate 0
      04-02-2008, 04:28 PM   #2374
Epacy
Reincarnated
Rep

Garage List
2008 M3  [0.00]
Quote:
I am not a troll, just some lowly 1991 BMW M5 driver who happens to be closer to the situation than I expected. You can google me all you want. You will find pics of my car and articles I have written on our chapter newsletter as well as a link to our Chapter website. Feel free to flame me just the same, call me what you want, I have no angle here, nothing invested. I don't buy my cars from dealerships, only fellow CCA members. I do my own maintenance as I am an aircraft mechanic, and I don't work for BMW of Lincoln. All I can go on is my own experiences with them, which is quite positive, and I hear the same from fellow members.
Quote:
Mad Dog,

In Jeff's first post on this forum, where he attempts to act completely neutral and not a supporter of HAG, he mentions he does all his own maintenance and tries to give the impression he doesn't do any business with dealers with quotes like "I don't buy my cars from dealerships" and "I do my own maintenance".
Now we see he frequents HAG BMW for his oil changes. Better yet he offered it up. Does he not see his own hypocrisy?
These are not opinions, as Jeff likes to point out of people who challenge his stance, but hard facts taken from Jeff's own posts...
      04-02-2008, 04:34 PM   #2375
ganjadude
Rep
Drives: 99 grand am GT

Quote:
Originally Posted by Epacy View Post
In Jeff's first post on this forum, where he attempts to act completely neutral and not a supporter of HAG, he mentions he does all his own maintenance and tries to give the impression he doesn't do any business with dealers with quotes like "I don't buy my cars from dealerships" and "I do my own maintenance".
Now we see he frequents HAG BMW for his oil changes. Better yet he offered it up. Does he not see his own hypocrisy?
These are not opinions, as Jeff likes to point out of people who challenge his stance, but hard facts taken from Jeff's own posts...
I think he was refering to BMW as a whole, not just husker, at least that is how i am reading it
Appreciate 0
      04-02-2008, 04:39 PM   #2376
BMW M5 Power
Enlisted Member
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Epacy View Post
I will be quoting some of your propaganda to help you understand why people question your sincerity.

Why do you portray this as it has always been Ken's car? Even when the rep called him and told him the auction was a mistake? Even then the car was Ken's in HAG eyes?
Get real, don't feed us this bull.

Any basic reading toddler can infer from your numerous mentions of "being neutral" that something is amiss. Noone says something like that so many times, all this from one post, without trying to plant that idea in someone's head while they then spew positive material about the other party. It is QUITE obvious and I am very surprised you continue to act like a neutral party. The gig is up.

If the car was always Ken's then why would the Internet sales guy need to call Ken and tell him it was all a big mistake and he can't have the car?
Exactly, that doesn't make any sense, does it?

If that was the case then why would HAG allegedly be suing for lost business due to this "un-warranted" publicity?

You try to paint such a rosy picture of HAG yet we know the very comments they send out to their customers is complete BS.
If HAG is so honorable, they honor all contracts, and want to make Ken happy, why would they enlist the services of two different attorneys to try and get out of the deal after the Internet sales guy unsuccesfully attempted to void the auction with Ken?

Is it clearer now why your rhetoric is being questioned?
The tone and content of your posts clearly demonstrate you have an agenda.

My posts are wasted on you and your over analysis. You are truly a paranoid person when it comes to my position, in my opinion. You read WAY too much into things. Taken out of context, anything can be twisted. From those that know me, your comments will fall on deaf ears. They certainly know I am no troll or shill or whatever clever name you toss out.

All I can say is this, the call to Ken From the dealership happened late on Friday from Fil with the promise of closure on Monday. Despite what happened in the end....It was his car Monday, full payment was all that was required...period. All the lease and financing issues, by everyones admission, caused delays and changes. Bottom line, as I said stated in the past, once the management, ie the guys who can make the decisions, became aware, it was over as promised on Monday. I am not denying what happened at the end of the auction was wrong, should not have happened. I am growing weary of going over this with people who don't know the entire story.

Here is my final position. I don't care what you, think of me, of BMW of Lincoln, or Husker Auto Group. Your maniacal rantings have no effect on me or my life so flame on. As you stated, any toddler can read what they want into my posts, in the end, it appears that might be who is reading them. I know what my intentions are and am comfortable. I hope you have a stress free week, I will.

Jeff
Appreciate 0
Closed Thread