BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > M3 Marketplace > Vendor Comments/Review/Feedback Forum

11-19-2022, 09:33 AM   #1
TYNKUP
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 13' e92 M3

Garage List
2013 BMW M3  [0.00]
Mode Carbon - SCAM

Hello fellow enthusiasts,

Wanted to share my recent beyond-awful experience with Mode Carbon in an effort to create some awareness.

I originally placed an order for the side skirts in Aug. On the website it states manufacturing time is 4-6 weeks. About 4 weeks go by and I try to reach out to their Customer Service dept.

First red flag:
-The customer service number goes to an inactive number. I reached out over the next few weeks to no response. Since it had been over 6 weeks and I haven't received any communication or response, I called my credit card company and disputed the charge

24 hrs after I dispute the charge, the owner Sam, who calls himself Dir. of Marketing, reached out and said they couldn't complete the order until I reversed the charge-back.

Since Sam reached out and I finally had a line of comms into the company and a very loose explanation for the delay, I took my chances and rescinded the charge-back since I still wanted the side skirts.

Another 6-8 weeks go by after some back and forth and Sam tells me that the order is complete and that he'll have tracking to me ASAP.

2nd red flag:
-It's been over 4 weeks and every week Sam continues to say he'll have tracking for me next week.

3rd red flag:
-After doing some additional digging it looks like the business has been dissolved and is no longer even active.

Fortunately, my CC will reverse the charges but I still have lost over 4 months' worth of my time dealing with this a**hole.

Hopefully this will save someone else from making the same mistake I did as I didn't read any previous reviews.
Appreciate 2
derbo3604.00
911r889.00
      11-19-2022, 07:50 PM   #2
peter_rr35
Banned
Rep
Drives: Nissan GTR/E92 M3

Had a similar experience…Lol
Appreciate 0
      11-19-2022, 08:14 PM   #3
Gossypiboma
Major
Rep
Drives: 13' M3 6MT 18' M3 CS

This is a common theme with Mode Carbon. I'm not sure how they are still in business. I had a similar experience years ago and my thread was deleted.
Appreciate 0
      11-20-2022, 09:26 AM   #4
TYNKUP
Private First Class
Rep

Garage List
2013 BMW M3  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gossypiboma View Post
This is a common theme with Mode Carbon. I'm not sure how they are still in business. I had a similar experience years ago and my thread was deleted.
Based on the little due diligence I did, I don't think they are actually still in business.

It appears that Scammer Sam keeps a mode carbon email address and a website up to still accept "orders" that he has no intention of fulfilling and purposefully makes lies to mislead customers in an effort to keep their funds.

It's a straight scam/criminal.

Unforunate your previous post was deleted as it could have hopefully prevented a similar experience.
Appreciate 0
      11-23-2022, 11:50 AM   #5
siulung2005
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: E92 M3 Monte Carlo

Quote:
Originally Posted by TYNKUP View Post
Based on the little due diligence I did, I don't think they are actually still in business.

It appears that Scammer Sam keeps a mode carbon email address and a website up to still accept "orders" that he has no intention of fulfilling and purposefully makes lies to mislead customers in an effort to keep their funds.

It's a straight scam/criminal.

Unforunate your previous post was deleted as it could have hopefully prevented a similar experience.
Very similar experience. I purchased their side shirts and had to keep asking, pushing, and begging, and I finally got that shipped out ~ a year later...
Appreciate 0
      12-06-2022, 12:41 PM   #6
TYNKUP
Private First Class
Rep

Garage List
2013 BMW M3  [0.00]
Hey all,

Thought I'd provide a quick update.

Sam continues to email once week asking for me to reverse the chargeback and making false claims that the order is complete and he'll have tracking the following week.

My Cc has reached out to him multiple times asking for tracking and he won't respond to them or provide them with tracking.

What a joker
Appreciate 0
      12-06-2022, 08:25 PM   #7
gtenedio
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: '%E2%80%9909 e92 m3, '19 X3, %

same experience. i charged it back. i think his mom cut off his internet, to be honest.
      01-02-2023, 05:57 PM   #8
TYNKUP
Private First Class
Rep

Garage List
2013 BMW M3  [0.00]
I just received my chargeback. I also reported him to the FTC with all the info I could find on the guy. I hope they get him.
Appreciate 0
      01-12-2023, 01:39 PM   #9
Original
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: M3

Yikes, that’s unfortunate. Glad you got your money back!

F82 M4 Individual | DCT | AG A-05 | STD GR3 IND | Motorsport Hardware | VRSF
Appreciate 0
      03-20-2023, 05:43 AM   #10
Vigoruler
Rep
Drives: E92 M3 Comp/F10 M5 Comp

So glad I came across these Mode Carbon reviews. Was about to order a host of parts. Dodged a bullet!
Appreciate 0
      04-15-2023, 06:14 PM   #11
Ben Ingraham
On-Ramp Speedway Champion
Rep
Drives: 2009 SS E90 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by TYNKUP View Post
Hello fellow enthusiasts,

Wanted to share my recent beyond-awful experience with Mode Carbon in an effort to create some awareness.

I originally placed an order for the side skirts in Aug. On the website it states manufacturing time is 4-6 weeks. About 4 weeks go by and I try to reach out to their Customer Service dept.

First red flag:
-The customer service number goes to an inactive number. I reached out over the next few weeks to no response. Since it had been over 6 weeks and I haven't received any communication or response, I called my credit card company and disputed the charge

24 hrs after I dispute the charge, the owner Sam, who calls himself Dir. of Marketing, reached out and said they couldn't complete the order until I reversed the charge-back.

Since Sam reached out and I finally had a line of comms into the company and a very loose explanation for the delay, I took my chances and rescinded the charge-back since I still wanted the side skirts.

Another 6-8 weeks go by after some back and forth and Sam tells me that the order is complete and that he'll have tracking to me ASAP.

2nd red flag:
-It's been over 4 weeks and every week Sam continues to say he'll have tracking for me next week.

3rd red flag:
-After doing some additional digging it looks like the business has been dissolved and is no longer even active.

Fortunately, my CC will reverse the charges but I still have lost over 4 months' worth of my time dealing with this a**hole.

Hopefully this will save someone else from making the same mistake I did as I didn't read any previous reviews.
This is almost word for word exactly how my interaction went. The best part was requesting my money back through PayPal and the request rejected. If I was to do it over again I’d buy 3 POM lips and call it done. I’m actually a bit impressed he is still allowed to post in the sponsor classifieds.
Appreciate 0
      05-10-2023, 04:03 PM   #12
siulung2005
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: E92 M3 Monte Carlo

https://mbworld.org/forums/c63-amg-w...se-read-6.html

lol this is crazy on the MB forum haha
Appreciate 0
      05-17-2023, 12:37 AM   #13
DanMpower
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW M3s and a Red VW

Yikes, good thing I saw this thread, was interested in the Mode GTS front lip.

That MB thread is crazy lol. That owner seems like a real piece of work.
Seems like very minimal damage on the car for his excuse of being hospitalized for 3 weeks.

Appreciate 0
      11-10-2023, 04:07 PM   #14
BlueberryM3
Supreme Leader
No_Country
Rep
Drives: E92 M3

I wish I would have seen this post earlier.. I’m going through the exact same thing right now with this guy.

It’s crazy because I’ve bought parts from him in the past for my F82 M4 with no issues, not sure why this guy all of a sudden decided to start scamming people.
Appreciate 0
      11-10-2023, 06:14 PM   #15
gtenedio
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: '%E2%80%9909 e92 m3, '19 X3, %

i dont think hes actually scamming people. i think he collect payment for parts he doesnt have. once he gets the order in, he contacts his mfr in china or europe to produce, and thats what causes the massive delays.
plus his shitty customer service.

i ordered a GTS wing from him last year, had me wait 6+ months, and i finally disputed the charge. a month after my dispute settled, the GTS wing showed up. but it didnt ship from him in NJ.

i didnt bother returning it, or reaching back out. i earned that free wing for being misled for half a year.
      11-11-2023, 10:36 PM   #16
BlueberryM3
Supreme Leader
No_Country
Rep
Drives: E92 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by gtenedio View Post
i dont think hes actually scamming people. i think he collect payment for parts he doesnt have. once he gets the order in, he contacts his mfr in china or europe to produce, and thats what causes the massive delays.
plus his shitty customer service.

i ordered a GTS wing from him last year, had me wait 6+ months, and i finally disputed the charge. a month after my dispute settled, the GTS wing showed up. but it didnt ship from him in NJ.

i didnt bother returning it, or reaching back out. i earned that free wing for being misled for half a year.
Ignoring my messages and lying saying that it will take 4-6 weeks instead of 6+ months sounds like scamming to me.. until I receive my part I will consider him a scammer. Unfortunately I was a dumbass and Zelle’d him so I can’t dispute it. Will I ever get my part? Who knows at this point.
Appreciate 0
      12-11-2023, 08:27 PM   #17
Donut Lord
Do Donuts
Rep
Drives: '12 BMW E92 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by siulung2005 View Post
https://mbworld.org/forums/c63-amg-w...se-read-6.html

lol this is crazy on the MB forum haha
Oh man I just read that from your URL lol
      01-01-2024, 05:15 AM   #18
M3SQRD
Major General
Rep
Drives: E92 M3,G20 330ix,F22 240iX,F82

Quote:
Originally Posted by DanMpower View Post
Yikes, good thing I saw this thread, was interested in the Mode GTS front lip.

That MB thread is crazy lol. That owner seems like a real piece of work.
Seems like very minimal damage on the car for his excuse of being hospitalized for 3 weeks.

I’d be careful when correlating bodily injuries to visual crash damage. I was rear ended in a what visually looked like a minor accident yet I had a ruptured C6-C7 disc. It’s well documented that “minor” accidents can result in “major” issues. I’m not saying this was the case here or making excuses for him, but it’s possible he sustained an injury that left him hospitalized from this accident. However, ignoring people for months is clearly something he commonly does and is definitely not injury related.
Appreciate 1
Woes_M330.00