BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > E90/E92 M3 Technical Topics > Coding / ConnectedDrive / Audio-Video / Electronics / Bluetooth / I-Drive & Nav

European Auto Source (EAS)

Today, 03:41 AM   #573
2009550iMSport
Rep
Drives: 2009 BMW 550i M Sport

I was perusing through some German BMW forums and discovered my issue with the individual audio system isnít that uncommon. Many folks over in Deutschland suggested adding an amp to power the individual audio subs. I think I may give that a try, as I have an extra one lying around.

Also, I just ordered this:

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Mr12volt-M-...-127632-2357-0

Itís a new CarPlay box with built-in MOST connection. Looks promising.
Appreciate 0
      Today, 03:54 AM   #574
2009550iMSport
Rep

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07WDXDNM1...ing=UTF8&psc=1
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cyberdemon View Post
In my experience, no the signal through the pre-amp wasn't better than the Quadlock, but I tested it for about 30 minutes before realizing it wasn't sustainable as a solution. If you can also run something that will isolate the charge noise give it a shot, but I am concerned that's more closely tied to the power circuit of the pre-amp I chose itself, so you'd have to experiment.

Malek's settings cranked the treble like I said - they also sounded terrible to me, once I turned that down a lot more I got closer to something I preferred.
I tried this setup last night with the USB isolator. It worked like a charm. The sound is about 9% better than the quadlok connection. It cleaned up the sharpness of the treble a bit. It may just be something I can hear and nobody else really can, idk. : My hearing is very sensitive to higher frequencies. Thatís whatís driving me nuts about this individual audio system. To get any sort of thumpiní going, I have to turn the volume up way too high. Iím going to try adding an external amp to power the underseat subs and see where that takes me.

But to reiterate for those who donít have a quadlok connection and want a clear, clean aux signal: The combination of a portable preamp + USB isolator for the preampís USB power supply worked great. I used this preamp from amazon ($23.99): https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07WDXDNM1...ing=UTF8&psc=1

And this USB isolator (~$18): https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07QKYYCD8...ing=UTF8&psc=1
Appreciate 0
      Today, 09:43 AM   #575
bighindu79
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: E93 M3 Jerez Black/Fox Red bla

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2009550iMSport View Post
I was perusing through some German BMW forums and discovered my issue with the individual audio system isn’t that uncommon. Many folks over in Deutschland suggested adding an amp to power the individual audio subs. I think I may give that a try, as I have an extra one lying around.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Mr12volt-M-O-S-T-Android-Auto-CarPlay-interface-BMW-CIC-MID-E90-E92-X5-X6-Z4-/255070820273?mkcid=16&mkevt=1&_trksid=p2349624.m46 890.l49286&mkrid=711-127632-2357-0

It’s a new CarPlay box with built-in MOST connection. Looks promising.
this looks interesting. I don't see a piggyback connector for the oem mic in any of the pictures. they include a mic in the kit. keep us posted on the install. if this unit works with the oem mic and audio over Bluetooth via the built in MOST, then I'm definitely on board.
Appreciate 0
      Today, 10:28 AM   #576
tdott
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: M3

Quote:

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Mr12volt-M-...-127632-2357-0

Itís a new CarPlay box with built-in MOST connection. Looks promising.
That looks very promising, I was always wondering why no one figured out how to tap into the MOST bus, it is far superior than using an analog signal to pass the audio (aux).

Let us know how it works once you get it set up, I think i'll be ordering it also for my CIC car.
Appreciate 0
      Today, 11:02 AM   #577
2009550iMSport
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by bighindu79 View Post
this looks interesting. I don't see a piggyback connector for the oem mic in any of the pictures. they include a mic in the kit. keep us posted on the install. if this unit works with the oem mic and audio over Bluetooth via the built in MOST, then I'm definitely on board.
The audio would be streamed over WiFi, not bluetooth. Thatís how the Carsara box does it as well. This is a good thing though, as Bluetooth audio is heavily limited by compression. Even with comboxís A2DP, the audio quality is inferior to a digital connection via USB or even a high quality aux source. So, in theory, this new CarPlay MOST box would have an even higher quality wireless audio connection than Iíve had so far, OEM or aftermarket. Itíd be pure digital without the limitations of Bluetooth audio compression. Iím excited!

Also, I believe the mic splitter from the carsara kit will work for this as well. They use the same kind of connector.
Appreciate 0
      Today, 11:17 AM   #578
tdott
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: M3

Quote:
Also, I believe the mic splitter from the carsara kit will work for this as well. They use the same kind of connector.
The OEM mic is transmitted over MOST so there would be no need to mess with any mic connections. The unit with talk to it over the bus MOST bus. That's in theory of course depends on how they implemented it.
Appreciate 0