BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > M3 (E90 / E92 / E93) > New and Preowned M3 Pricing, Ordering, Tracking / European Delivery / Dealer Reviews

EXXEL Distributions

07-14-2021, 08:25 AM   #23
bhowelett
M3 Noob
United_States
Rep
Drives: '08 MR E93 M3 DCT

Garage List
2008 BMW M3 E93  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by akkando View Post
And 2008 cars are fine. They have all they important stuff and are a tail light and infotainment swap away from a modern look and feel. That's definitely where the best deals are.
I agree; all model years are basically the same m3. They're all great!

I just recently bought my '08 vert; not caring it had an outdated infotainment system or tail lights. For me, the things I really cared about was: a color other than Black, White, and Silver, lower miles, and one that was well cared for.

When I was searching for the right e93 M3, I didn't notice really any difference in asking price regardless of model year. Seemed like the the differentiator was really the mileage of the car and overall condition. I was surprised that it seemed like every model year was relatively the same asking price; if miles were close to the same.

So, seems that most people looking for an e93, at least, don't care about infotainment systems and tail light design. I sure don't. I've rarely even listened to my audio since I've bought the car.
Appreciate 0
      07-14-2021, 05:02 PM   #24
Three Pedal Steve
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2013 M3 coupe' 6mt

Garage List
Federal Reserve Chairman Powell testified in front of Congress today, and reported that all used car prices are up 10% during the last thirty days. So, this would indicate that we are in a raising bubble that will probably last through 2021.

memories: '71 2002 (new), '72 Bavaria, '74 2002tii, '00 540i Sport
Appreciate 0
      07-14-2021, 07:26 PM   #25
akkando
Major General
Rep
Drives: 17 M2 DCT LBB,11 e90 M3 ZCP IB

Quote:
Originally Posted by tbuck View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by chocstraw View Post
I have a feeling that this newsom era policy won't stick, it feels like a political promise far enough outside of his legacy that it can be quietly undone. Considering that CARB was able to get pretty much every car in the US on its emissions guidelines, it's a substantial market share that won't be given up. We'll see.
Another problem with these type of mandates is that they ignore the fact that there is no way that the underlying infrastructure, power plants and power transmission systems, are up for the massive increase in usage of electricity needed to charge the millions of cars a year that will be produced. Western states already have to deal with brown-outs so imagine if every car was also pulling juice off the grid. Pie in the sky, feel-good politics do not in fact have much to do with reality. No doubt an electric car in every garage will be a future reality, just not tomorrow, and not in 10 years either.
All new cars sold in California being electric by 2030 doesn't put an electric car in every garage in ten years, just for people who buy new. I think California would find a way to start the storm for the transition if it wants to, it doesn't have to be perfect, policy in California doesn't have to be very good because it has jobs, good weather, and cool stuff. Anyway even if they kick the can down the road it's looming on the horizon. If you're a car company does it make sense to keep investing in NA V8 engines even if California delays, and maybe again delay, but maybe they don't.
Appreciate 0