BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > E90/E92 M3 Technical Topics > Wheels + Tires Sponsored by The Tire Rack
  TireRack

KEEP M3POST ALIVE BY DOING YOUR TIRERACK SHOPPING FROM THIS BANNER LINK!

08-16-2016, 09:11 AM   #23
TokyoCarGuy
Captain
Japan
Rep
Drives: 2011 AW E90 M3

Garage List
Opinions are like arseholes - everyone has one...
Not sure what is the great idea of trolling all guys who invest their hard earn money into after market wheels to make THEIR car look how THEY want. Nobody is going on forums and tells you what belt buckle you need to wear with your jeans or what brand of sneakers to wear for the gym, so why go all hostile and make enemies with guys who prefer the look of after market wheels on their M3's?
      08-16-2016, 05:19 PM   #24
simpleM3
Major
Rep
Drives: 06' E46 M3 ZCP

Garage List
19’ BMW M5C  [0.00]
2007 E61 530XI  [0.00]
2006 E46 M3  [0.00]
way to make this sound like we're now going to war. The thread was created to generate discussions and/or opinion and it did exactly that. You sound like you're instigating and attempting to start a freaking war. Why don't you scale it back a bit.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TokyoCarGuy View Post
Opinions are like arseholes - everyone has one...
Not sure what is the great idea of trolling all guys who invest their hard earn money into after market wheels to make THEIR car look how THEY want. Nobody is going on forums and tells you what belt buckle you need to wear with your jeans or what brand of sneakers to wear for the gym, so why go all hostile and make enemies with guys who prefer the look of after market wheels on their M3's?
Appreciate 0
      08-16-2016, 10:56 PM   #25
TokyoCarGuy
Captain
Japan
Rep
Drives: 2011 AW E90 M3

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by simpleM3 View Post
way to make this sound like we're now going to war. The thread was created to generate discussions and/or opinion and it did exactly that. You sound like you're instigating and attempting to start a freaking war. Why don't you scale it back a bit.

No, you were just ranting. If you don't like the look of after market wheels, then just keep it stock, nobody will criticize you for it, yet you are positioned yourself to attack 3rd party wheels expecting a pat on the back. People spent a lot of money on these wheels so don't expect it to fly well with them...

That being said, wheels, stance, and ride height is a delicate topic and sometimes people can upset the balance by choosing wrong size, offset or ride height. Sometimes form gets ahead of function as well, but these are exceptions. I've seen a lot of M3's on after market rims, and most of them look fantastic, and above all, they give the owner a feeling of satisfaction as they finally made the M3 his own. Yet you make it sound like we all ruined our cars by installing Volks or BBS rims.
      08-17-2016, 07:24 AM   #26
simpleM3
Major
Rep
Drives: 06' E46 M3 ZCP

Garage List
19’ BMW M5C  [0.00]
2007 E61 530XI  [0.00]
2006 E46 M3  [0.00]
Point taken. Thanks for contributing to the discussion and providing your opinion.

Quote:
No, you were just ranting. If you don't like the look of after market wheels, then just keep it stock, nobody will criticize you for it, yet you are positioned yourself to attack 3rd party wheels expecting a pat on the back. People spent a lot of money on these wheels so don't expect it to fly well with them...

That being said, wheels, stance, and ride height is a delicate topic and sometimes people can upset the balance by choosing wrong size, offset or ride height. Sometimes form gets ahead of function as well, but these are exceptions. I've seen a lot of M3's on after market rims, and most of them look fantastic, and above all, they give the owner a feeling of satisfaction as they finally made the M3 his own. Yet you make it sound like we all ruined our cars by installing Volks or BBS rims.
Appreciate 0
      08-18-2016, 10:59 AM   #27
deathmetaldrums
Private First Class
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2008 e90

Quote:
I'm not quite sure if it's just me or if others feel this way, but most, and I do mean most, of the aftermarket wheels I've seen on the E9Xs are horrible. The E9Xs (M3) are one of the best looking M3s ever designed (my opinion) and they look the best, by far, with a set of 359s ZCPs (my opinion). Although I understand and respect that most guys go aftermarket to have some lighter wheels, but man some of the wheel choices are just terrible. I see some M3s with aftermarkets and sometimes I can't believe someone would do that to an M3. Performance driven or not, some of the M3s out there are better off running OEM setup. Not all BBSs are nice looking. Don't believe the hype. They are over priced and some look like trash...especially on an E9X M3. Just because it says Volk Racking doesn't mean it looks good. M3s are meant to look just as good as they are suppose to drive. Unless you're tracking your car, stop it already. Anyways, to each their own, but thought I'd share to see what others think.
This is an interesting assertion, do you support it with anything outside of personal opinion? Would love to see examples of M3's with BBS wheels on them that look terrible. Is your opinion that an M3 couldn't possibly look any better than it does with 359's? It sounds like you're saying that anyone who doesn't track their car shouldn't be concerned with getting the best performance from their vehicle which is odd.

Also, I'm always trying to get a better grasp on irony, is this irony?
Quote:
The phrase, "to each their own" needs be capped off at a certain point.
Does your disdain for variance extend to exhaust and suspension as well? Is your ideal car meet just a row of alpine white M's on stock wheels, all identical?
Appreciate 1
Senpai481.50
      08-18-2016, 12:30 PM   #28
B73M
Private
Rep
Drives: E92 M3

Well said! vorsteiner for me.
Quote:

Appreciate 0
      08-18-2016, 12:48 PM   #29
R3dliner
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 18 M3 6MT

Quote:

Best response yet
OP have you ever owned a set of forged aftermarket wheels?
People drop 3-5k on wheels easy of there hard earned $$. Wheels topic is very subjective. At the end of day it's what makes you feel good than what others say.
Appreciate 0
      08-23-2016, 06:20 PM   #30
KRZ3
Private First Class
No_Country
Rep
Drives: E90 M3

I'd trade 359s for FIs any day any time any weather. $$$ is the issue but IMHO you cannot beat FI design and performance.