BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > M3 (E90 / E92 / E93) > General M3 Forum (E90 + E92 + E93)

Mporium BMW
Closed Thread

05-19-2013, 05:21 PM   #23
b-thumper
Atlantic != Atlantis
United_States
Rep
Drives: German Cars

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ezio View Post
Idk what kind of obligations you have on the car, but if BMW wouldn't help you with some kind of reimbursement i wouldn't buy the car. on principle, but thats me.
I should have mentioned that before, but you sign for the car completely before ever seeing it. It's a bit of a flawed process to be frank. And payment is made in full, well before you leave for the USA (or whatever your country is).

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kwando View Post
Sorry to hear about your situation friend. While I'm surprised BMW let you take the brand new M3 as a loaner, I think they should be compensating you with round trip tickets to pick up your M3, maybe even all expenses paid because the second trip is absolutely unnecessary.

This is the first time I've seen this Atlantic Blue..although a stunning colour I'm not sure if it's right for the M3..not agressive enough.

The silver lining in this is that it could've been worse; like the F10 M5 owner who had a catastrophic engine failure during his delivery experience.

Keep fighting until they make things right!
Yikes! Can't imagine blowing a motor. But it did cross my mind. On the loaner, they tried to arrange an M-loaner, but there were none available. They were going to try to put me in an M6 at one point, but then it was changed to the Atlantic M3. In any event, I know that Barbera Red E90 from a few years back was a mistake order that was then given to the owner to drive until the new M3 showed up. But I don't know who made the error in that scenario (Dealer/BMW NA/BMW DE).

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jesal@IND View Post
Thats insane! Did they say how long you will have to wait now? Assuming they will put your car into production asap.
No news on the wait, but I'm guessing as little as 3-4 weeks or as long at 2 months if they get the interior right. The bigger issue is getting back to Europe.... I really can't take the time from work in the next 2 months to go back for another delivery.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jesal@IND View Post
Kinda digging that Alantic color on the M3. I might be alone on this.
I wont lie, it's likely the only one in that color (which is very cool), but it doesn't match the interior stitching. It is also a beautiful paint job, but I would have gone a different route if I wanted a more muted color than Atlantis blue.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gom3rPile View Post
I would demand compensation for the trip, a brand new m3 with ALL your specifications, as well as a free trip back out to pick up the car you were supposed to get the first time..
Normally, I would say yes to all that, but I don't really have the free time to be going back to Germany in the next couple months.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gom3rPile View Post
On a side note i've never seen that blue before. It almost reminds me of a permanent hue that silver stone takes on in the absence of light.
I posted some more pics of it in the Individual colors sticky, but it's a bit brighter than silverstone. And more green. Depending on the monitor you are using to view my pic. It has a green hue to it in all light.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GOLFFRR View Post
First off I wanted to let everyone on here know that the OP is a customer of ours.

Checa as well as Mr. Thomas himself are doing everything they can to get this resolved. As everyone knows there is no way to control BMW, and there was no way we could have or the OP perceived something like this happening The car was submitted correctly and like all orders doubled checked before and after the incident. Just a mishap on BMW side.

I can PROMISE you we are doing everything we can to make this right. We have told BMW that we want the car delivered in the specs as it was ordered and now we are waiting to hear back from the upper levels at BMW. We are dedicated to fight for whats right, but we are at the mercy of BMW.

Checa should have some more updates from BMW tomorrow.

Once again this sucks and I can totally understand your frustration. Lets see what BMW brings to the table, they are usually really good at making things right.
Thanks for the kind words. Steve Thomas BMW has been great through the process so far. Checa even called me while she was off attending a wedding to help work on a resolution during the delivery day.

I thank my stars every day that the error was made in Germany and not in the US. It seems like more leverage in getting the correct car built. You guys are my advocate and I feel well represented, regardless of outcome. I don't believe I'm asking BMW DE for the impossible, but I'm not in the business of building cars.

Quote:
Originally Posted by alee0729 View Post
In some ways, it's better to have this happen at the Welt vs taking delivery state-side, discovering the error, where it certainly would be too late to get it corrected. It's a real shame it happened, but with 6 weeks left in the production run, I have to believe it will be corrected.
I would normally agree, but if the car is delivered stateside, you only have your deposit down before you can see the car. I paid in full and signed for the car before I ever saw it. Extra scary because I paid cash for the car. So now someone is making interest on my nearly $80k paid....
      05-19-2013, 05:23 PM   #24
b-thumper
Atlantic != Atlantis
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hyperjack View Post
aaaaaand THIS.

OP, after all the time and money you've spent....if things aren't made to your liking....walk away.

don't settle. spend your money on something you like completely.
I'm really at their mercy now. Cash paid and the money is gone!
      05-19-2013, 05:25 PM   #25
Hyperjack
Captain
Rep
Drives: 2013 M3 E92/ 2012 Chevy Volt

Quote:
Originally Posted by b-thumper View Post
I'm really at their mercy now. Cash paid and the money is gone!

sorry....don't understand this. did you buy or lease?

*EDIT*

okay i saw what you wrote above...

Quote:
....I should have mentioned that before, but you sign for the car completely before ever seeing it. It's a bit of a flawed process to be frank. And payment is made in full, well before you leave for the USA (or whatever your country is).....
i didn't know you had to pay for the car in full for Euro delivery. admittedly not the greatest situation to be in.....BUT ( others can correct me if i'm wrong here)....you still have to take possession of the car to complete the deal. you can refuse to "drive it off the lot". i don't know how it works in Germany....but that can get you some leverage here.

don't give up on this. make sure you get the car you want or are compensated adequately.

Last edited by Hyperjack; 05-19-2013 at 05:33 PM..
Appreciate 0
      05-19-2013, 05:33 PM   #26
b-thumper
Atlantic != Atlantis
United_States
Rep

Quote:
sorry....don't understand this. did you buy or lease?
I bought the car outright (no financing). So with tax/registration, I'm out about $80k and have no car.
      05-19-2013, 05:34 PM   #27
Hyperjack
Captain
Rep

Quote:
I bought the car outright (no financing). So with tax/registration, I'm out about $80k and have no car.
look above for my edited response to you...
Appreciate 0
      05-19-2013, 05:37 PM   #28
alee0729
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2013 E92 M3, 2018 Tesla 3 Perf

Quote:
I would normally agree, but if the car is delivered stateside, you only have your deposit down before you can see the car. I paid in full and signed for the car before I ever saw it. Extra scary because I paid cash for the car. So now someone is making interest on my nearly $80k paid....
This is better leverage. They're screwing around on the owner's dime which is a much more precarious situation to be in.
      05-19-2013, 05:38 PM   #29
Savage_M3
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2011 E90 M3 & 2022 X3M Comp

That sucks man...

In regards to swapping the interior, I understand that this sucks. If that ends up being your only option to get the individual interior that you want, isn't having BMW in Germany do that swap as good as it gets? I would think that they should be able to do it as well as anyone out there.

I hope they get it right for you and hopefully compensate you some other way for having to deal with all this. Maybe some free performance parts or a paid trip to their M driving school?
      05-19-2013, 05:41 PM   #30
Hyperjack
Captain
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Savage_M3 View Post
That sucks man...

In regards to swapping the interior, I understand that this sucks. If that ends up being your only option to get the individual interior that you want, isn't having BMW in Germany do that swap as good as it gets? I would think that they should be able to do it as well as anyone out there.

I hope they get it right for you and hopefully compensate you some other way for having to deal with all this. Maybe some free performance parts or a paid trip to their M driving school?
at the very least i think they should compensate him for all his travel expense.
Appreciate 0
      05-19-2013, 06:05 PM   #31
chris s
Major General
Rep
Drives: 2022 Dravit G80 M3

Wow...that is truly a nightmare. I hope it's all resolved to your satisfaction. Good that you have Steve thomas BMW on your side, given the volume of ED's they do and M cars in general you gotta figure they'll be able to make this right.
2008 AW e92 M3 6MT, ESS SC, BBS LM's...SOLD!
Appreciate 0
      05-19-2013, 06:15 PM   #32
Hyperjack
Captain
Rep

Quote:
....Some options like swapping the interior from the existing car were offered, but much like repainting the car, it will never be 100% authentic and I can only imagine it will lead to a world of squeaks and rattles. It's not a stretch to say that the Individual program is the very reason I am buying an M3 and to have the interior missing is unacceptable.....
being a guy who's doing a whole individual order himself, believe me, i know what you're saying.

but, i reread what you wrote...and others should please jump in here....but if they can swap out interiors, i think that would be an great solution. not perfect...but darn close. i don't think there should be an issue with proper fitment. again, more informed members should confirm or deny this for me please.

i still do think they should cover your travel expenses...at least partially if you accept their offer to do this.
Appreciate 0
      05-19-2013, 06:21 PM   #33
alee0729
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2013 E92 M3, 2018 Tesla 3 Perf

I'd go with swapping interiors... factory engineers doing it means they're using all the same tools and tolerances set at the factory.
      05-19-2013, 06:27 PM   #34
b-thumper
Atlantic != Atlantis
United_States
Rep

Quote:
being a guy who's doing a whole individual order himself, believe me, i know what you're saying.

but, i reread what you wrote...and others should please jump in here....but if they can swap out interiors, i think that would be an great solution. not perfect...but darn close. i don't think there should be an issue with proper fitment. again, more informed members should confirm or deny this for me please.

i still do think they should cover your travel expenses...at least partially if you accept their offer to do this.
Honestly, once you see how a car is assembled, you don't want it done by a bodyshop in Germany. And I'm not paying to have (even an factory associated) bodyshop tear up my new car. The interior would not be swapped on the assembly line as a normal M3 is done. And I know removing/reinstalling an interior is not rocket science for a bodyshop, but I've worked with the interior on my car enough times to know that they don't go back the same twice.

And the deal breaker for the interior swap is the originality. You would pull up the VIN (on the replacement car) and there would be no mention of the Individual stitching. Imagine that you get a tear in your leather down the road and want a new seat skin? Good luck convincing them you had a "factory delivered" option that doesn't pull up with the VIN on the dealer computer.

If I wanted a car that was painted and assembled by a bodyshop, I wouldn't have bothered with the car at all. The beauty of Individual is that it's all OEM (the OE standing for Original Equipment).

It's a little anal, but having gone with a ton of OE part mods on my current Audi and BMW, I have a passion for not only factory parts, but also factory processes.

Quote:
Originally Posted by alee0729 View Post
I'd go with swapping interiors... factory engineers doing it means they're using all the same tools and tolerances set at the factory.
Not factory engineers. That's the problem.

I'm not trying to be obtuse, but I want them to build the car as specified, as any other Individual M3 is built. I don't want to find scratches in the paint and wear on the leather (other interior parts) because the car has been assembled/disassembled/reassembled.
Appreciate 0
      05-19-2013, 06:34 PM   #35
bsmack
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2011 e92 M3

You may have already paid them, but it works both ways. Both you AND BMW signed a contract and they must deliver exactly what they have agreed to, as you have already fulfilled your end of the deal.

In the end this is all about what you want and you should not be willing to compromise at all on what was agreed upon within the contract terms. I myself would be fine with them swapping the interior in order to get the correct stitching, but is that what YOU want? If you're not comfortable doing that, then I most certainly wouldn't accept the non-custom stitching. YOU paid for it!

I really do hope this all gets resolved and it really does suck that even when you do pay top dollar for something you can still get screwed like this. With that being said, I would be extremely surprised if BMW didn't resolve this 100% to your satisfaction. Please keep us updated!
Appreciate 0
      05-19-2013, 06:40 PM   #36
Hyperjack
Captain
Rep

Quote:
Honestly, once you see how a car is assembled, you don't want it done by a bodyshop in Germany. And I'm not paying to have (even an factory associated) bodyshop tear up my new car. The interior would not be swapped on the assembly line as a normal M3 is done. And I know removing/reinstalling an interior is not rocket science for a bodyshop, but I've worked with the interior on my car enough times to know that they don't go back the same twice.

And the deal breaker for the interior swap is the originality. You would pull up the VIN (on the replacement car) and there would be no mention of the Individual stitching. Imagine that you get a tear in your leather down the road and want a new seat skin? Good luck convincing them you had a "factory delivered" option that doesn't pull up with the VIN on the dealer computer.

If I wanted a car that was painted and assembled by a bodyshop, I wouldn't have bothered with the car at all. The beauty of Individual is that it's all OEM (the OE standing for Original Equipment).

It's a little anal, but having gone with a ton of OE part mods on my current Audi and BMW, I have a passion for not only factory parts, but also factory processes.....
okay, i didn't know that the swap wouldn't be handled by the factory.....you bring up a lot of good, legitimate points. for the amount of money you spent, i now completely agree with you.

i go back to the solution i made a post or two ago....don't accept delivery of the car if not made to the specifications you paid for....or some compensation made by BMW of what you feel is of equal value.
Appreciate 0
      05-19-2013, 06:43 PM   #37
Hyperjack
Captain
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by bsmack View Post
You may have already paid them, but it works both ways. Both you AND BMW signed a contract and they must deliver exactly what they have agreed to, as you have already fulfilled your end of the deal.....
plus 100!
Appreciate 0
      05-19-2013, 07:01 PM   #38
bsmack
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2011 e92 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by highyo View Post
what if (as it appears in this situation) that the die has been cast and there is no going back? human error caused this, and there is no other way to build this car at the factory? it seems as though the window has closed. so now have to figure the plan b. sucks. but that's life.

first world problems indeed.
I would not accept what is not in the contract, plain and simple. If they can't deliver an equivalent that the OP (and only the OP) finds acceptable, he/she needs to get their money back plus compensation for lost time/money and move on. Unfortunately this really does suck, especially because these purchases tend to have some emotion tied to them (mine definitely did!), but it's really the only thing you can do. In this case a lot of people have said they would accept re-work, and I may agree, but think about it for a second. You paid EIGHTY THOUSAND DOLLARS CASH for a brand new car. And it's getting repainted and swapped interiors before I even have a chance to screw it up? Even if the car is delivered with flawless paint and a non-creaky interior, every time you look at the car you will have that negative memory of the terrible ordeal you went through to get the car and it will in the end take away from the enjoyment that it is supposed to bring you.

For me personally, $80k doesn't come very easily. If I'm dropping $80k cash on a car, I would expect to get EXACTLY what I paid for and no less. Both parties signed a contract and it's quite clear that BMW didn't read that contract carefully enough.
Appreciate 0
      05-19-2013, 07:29 PM   #39
Hyperjack
Captain
Rep

Quote:
what if (as it appears in this situation) that the die has been cast and there is no going back? human error caused this, and there is no other way to build this car at the factory? it seems as though the window has closed. so now have to figure the plan b. sucks. but that's life......
whether there's no going back or if there is a way to go back...not really the point here. it's BMW's failure to go to that extent to make things right for the OP....that's what we're talking about here.

but, for sake of discussion, let's follow what you're saying....that there's no going back. well, it's up to BMW to make that right to the OP's satisfaction. he met his part of the contract....now it's BMW's turn. if they can't deliver what was promised, it's on them to make that right to the OP's satisfaction....in whatever manner that may be.

Quote:
...first world problems indeed.
and this is not solely directed at you...and i'm not saying this in a malicious way to you at all...

but, can we fucking drop this meme, saying...whatever?

the very existence of this forum is derivative of a "first world problem".

we're all here discussing things that aren't necessary to our very survival, we all collectively agree to that the minute we log into this forum.....so, let's stop stating the damn obvious.

Last edited by Hyperjack; 05-19-2013 at 08:05 PM..
Appreciate 0
      05-19-2013, 07:37 PM   #40
F1Venom
Banned
Rep
Drives: ZCP E90 M3

They should've just given you that Atlantic Blue M3 for free and you could've put an Atlantis blue wrap on it in the States.
Appreciate 0
      05-19-2013, 07:39 PM   #41
cme
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 22 M3 xD Comp

should let them swap the interior. That is a no brainer. Sucks what happened, but having the factory take the interior out an install in another car is not a big deal. Just my $.02. I would never accept a repaint.
Chet
Appreciate 0
      05-19-2013, 07:41 PM   #42
CodeBlu
M3RCY
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2013 e92 M3

Garage List
2013 e92 M3  [0.00]
2003 Acura NSX  [0.00]
OP, well I can believe this happened. I am currently waiting for my second E92 "Atlantis Blue" M3 - the first was painted the wrong color blue by the factory - but not Atlantic Blue like your car. My second car is now on a ship headed for port and my current nightmare is that this one will be painted Atlantic Blue - not Atlantis Blue. The BMW paint codes are different -- 207 for Atlantic Blue and 399 for Atlantis Blue -- but the German name for Atlantic Blue is "Atlantisblau", which seems un-necessarily confusing.

See link http://www.bmwforums.info/general-gu...code-list.html.

I hope this works out for both of us - it is a great color.

2013 E92 M3 DCT | IND ESS VT2-625 | Brembo BBK | KW Sleeve Kit | Eisenmann Sport/Challenge Sport X-pipe | Arkym Rear Diffuser | Revinora R-CRT Street Front Lip | Volk TE37SL
Appreciate 0
      05-19-2013, 07:46 PM   #43
Hyperjack
Captain
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by cme View Post
should let them swap the interior. That is a no brainer. Sucks what happened, but having the factory take the interior out an install in another car is not a big deal. Just my $.02. I would never accept a repaint.
Chet
except it's not just a simple swap....it wouldn't be done by the factory and the OP makes this good point...

Quote:
....And the deal breaker for the interior swap is the originality. You would pull up the VIN (on the replacement car) and there would be no mention of the Individual stitching. Imagine that you get a tear in your leather down the road and want a new seat skin? Good luck convincing them you had a "factory delivered" option that doesn't pull up with the VIN on the dealer computer.

If I wanted a car that was painted and assembled by a bodyshop, I wouldn't have bothered with the car at all. The beauty of Individual is that it's all OEM (the OE standing for Original Equipment).......
when your spending close to 10k for individual options and experience....IMO, i believe the OP makes very valid points.
Appreciate 0
      05-19-2013, 07:52 PM   #44
TexasSpartan
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: '06 E85 3.0si

Quote:
whether there's no going back or if there is a way to go back...not really the point here. it's BMW's failure to go to that extent to make things right for the OP....that's what we're talking about here.

but, for sake of discussion, let's follow what you'r saying....that there's no going back. well, it's up to BMW to make that right to the OP's satisfaction. he met his part of the contract....now it's BMW's turn. if they can't deliver what was promised, it's on them to make that right....in whatever manner that may be.

and this is not solely directed at you...and i'm not saying this in a malicious way to you at all...

but can we fucking drop this meme, saying...whatever?

the very existence of this forum is derivative of a "first world problem".

we're all here discussing thing that aren't necessary to our very survival, we all collectively agree to that the minute we log into this forum.....so let's stop stating the damn obvious.
+1 but especially on that last statement. It's easy for folks on here to make statements when they're not in the OP's shoes. If I spend $80k on a car, financed or cash outright, it better be EXACTLY as I ordered. This is on BMW.
2007 E90 335i Sold
2006 E90 330i Sold
Appreciate 0
Closed Thread