BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read


Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > M3 (E90 / E92 / E93) > Sponsor M3 Project Cars Showcase
 
EXXEL Distributions
Post Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
      10-30-2020, 11:32 AM   #111
Cyberdemon
Colonel
Cyberdemon's Avatar
776
Rep
2,499
Posts

Drives: 2020 X5 40i, 2011 E90 M3
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Long Island NY

iTrader: (0)

Given that this M5 Touring conversion just went for $45k with 125k miles I honestly think you'd kill it on BAT.

https://bringatrailer.com/listing/19...40i-touring-5/
__________________
Current: '20 X5, '11 E90 M3 Comp
Previous: '16 VW GTI, '15 M235i, '13 335i, '08 TL-S, '00 Corvette
Appreciate 0
      10-30-2020, 12:31 PM   #112
CSBM5
Colonel
CSBM5's Avatar
1584
Rep
2,478
Posts

Drives: 2019 M2 Comp, 2011 M3, etc
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: Greenville, SC

iTrader: (1)

When Redshift auctioned the "real" E39 M5 wagon conversion last year that sold for $72,000, we had an auction pizza party. When it crossed $50k we figured there's no way bidding can go much higher; same at $60k, $65k, $70k. It was unreal to hear the bidding war "ding" of each new higher bid coming in. His car was unique in that it was based on his 540i M-sport acquired in 2006 with low mileage plus the conversion was immaculate, modern iDrive conversion, trick suspension, etc. Perfect interior, undercarriage immaculate, Stoptech brakes, etc.

The minor problem with this E91 is its salvage title base car. If I was going to put on BaT, I would consider a Trueframe inspection report (or other 3rd party chassis inspection) where they confirm that all the dimensions are factory correct for the unibody, etc. It would go a long way to really, *really*, helping the bidding on a platform like BaT.

Look at Brian's and my auction on BaT (we both sold out 15 year owned E39 M5s on there also) among other top preparers. Pictures everywhere, especially undercarriage detail; videos: cold start, driving, and then a walk-around video where you point out any flaws. The more detail transparent you can be, the more you will attract bidders with cash who might otherwise sit on the sidelines.

GLWA!
__________________
Current Stable:
2019 F87 M2 Competition 6MT, LBB, slicktop, exec pkg
2011.5 E90 M3 6MT Silverstone II, slicktop, Dinan/Eibach, Apex 9.5/10.5x19 with PS4S
2007 E91 328i Silver, slushbox, Eibach fr/E93 M3 rear sway bars, 219Ms
1975 CanAm 125MX2, stock, original owner
Appreciate 3
4 Doors401.50
SYT_Shadow6023.50

      10-30-2020, 01:05 PM   #113
derbo
Derbo Tuning
derbo's Avatar
United_States
1723
Rep
1,876
Posts

Drives: 2011 M3
Join Date: Aug 2017
Location: ▆▆▆ ▆▆▆ ▆

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueM3Wagon View Post
Going to be talking to BAT about featuring and listing this thing. I'm about 80% sure it's going up for sale. I have a side business that needs cash and need to be ready to jump on a house offer in case the perfect one comes up. I never ever thought I'd sell this thing, but it's just a car, and these funds could have serious impact on my life.
Bummer but good luck Mike!
__________________
-Derek
IG: @ruhrohz_m3
Journal
Appreciate 0
      10-30-2020, 01:37 PM   #114
BlueM3Wagon
Captain
BlueM3Wagon's Avatar
644
Rep
879
Posts

Drives: 2012 M3 e91
Join Date: Mar 2017
Location: Kettering ohio

iTrader: (2)

Quote:
Originally Posted by CSBM5 View Post
When Redshift auctioned the "real" E39 M5 wagon conversion last year that sold for $72,000, we had an auction pizza party. When it crossed $50k we figured there's no way bidding can go much higher; same at $60k, $65k, $70k. It was unreal to hear the bidding war "ding" of each new higher bid coming in. His car was unique in that it was based on his 540i M-sport acquired in 2006 with low mileage plus the conversion was immaculate, modern iDrive conversion, trick suspension, etc. Perfect interior, undercarriage immaculate, Stoptech brakes, etc.

The minor problem with this E91 is its salvage title base car. If I was going to put on BaT, I would consider a Trueframe inspection report (or other 3rd party chassis inspection) where they confirm that all the dimensions are factory correct for the unibody, etc. It would go a long way to really, *really*, helping the bidding on a platform like BaT.

Look at Brian's and my auction on BaT (we both sold out 15 year owned E39 M5s on there also) among other top preparers. Pictures everywhere, especially undercarriage detail; videos: cold start, driving, and then a walk-around video where you point out any flaws. The more detail transparent you can be, the more you will attract bidders with cash who might otherwise sit on the sidelines.

GLWA!
Someone else mentioned Trueframe, never heard of it but ill look into it for sure. Glad I have a pretty detailed photo log of the entire undercarriage and how the install was performed.
__________________
2012 E91m3 custom build

Follow on Instagram: BlueM3wagon
Appreciate 0
      11-12-2020, 03:07 PM   #115
BlueM3Wagon
Captain
BlueM3Wagon's Avatar
644
Rep
879
Posts

Drives: 2012 M3 e91
Join Date: Mar 2017
Location: Kettering ohio

iTrader: (2)

Well that was a terrible waste of 700 bucks. Bought what I thought was a e90 challenge diffuser from a member here and it's doesn't line up at all and too long. Assuming it's an e92 diffuser?

Even with the bolts not in, the diffuser doesn't line up at all on the top or around the sides.
Attached Images
  
__________________
2012 E91m3 custom build

Follow on Instagram: BlueM3wagon
Appreciate 0
      11-12-2020, 04:18 PM   #116
Cyberdemon
Colonel
Cyberdemon's Avatar
776
Rep
2,499
Posts

Drives: 2020 X5 40i, 2011 E90 M3
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Long Island NY

iTrader: (0)

Probably an E92 fitment if the seller didn't confirm. The E92 bumper is about 1.5" longer so thats waht it looks like unless it's just getting hung up on something and needs to push deeper in?
__________________
Current: '20 X5, '11 E90 M3 Comp
Previous: '16 VW GTI, '15 M235i, '13 335i, '08 TL-S, '00 Corvette
Appreciate 0
      11-12-2020, 04:40 PM   #117
BlueM3Wagon
Captain
BlueM3Wagon's Avatar
644
Rep
879
Posts

Drives: 2012 M3 e91
Join Date: Mar 2017
Location: Kettering ohio

iTrader: (2)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cyberdemon View Post
Probably an E92 fitment if the seller didn't confirm. The E92 bumper is about 1.5" longer so thats waht it looks like unless it's just getting hung up on something and needs to push deeper in?
It was notated as e90, still waiting for his response. He bought it from another forum member and said he decided to go another direction and that's why he was selling it.
__________________
2012 E91m3 custom build

Follow on Instagram: BlueM3wagon
Appreciate 0
      11-12-2020, 10:28 PM   #118
FMLYSDN
Major
FMLYSDN's Avatar
Canada
1007
Rep
1,365
Posts

Drives: 2011 Frozen Grey E90 M3
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: Edmonton

iTrader: (1)

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueM3Wagon View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cyberdemon View Post
Probably an E92 fitment if the seller didn't confirm. The E92 bumper is about 1.5" longer so thats waht it looks like unless it's just getting hung up on something and needs to push deeper in?
It was notated as e90, still waiting for his response. He bought it from another forum member and said he decided to go another direction and that's why he was selling it.
Sounds like his direction was he knew it was for an E92....

Sorry about your luck.
Appreciate 1
      11-12-2020, 10:32 PM   #119
SAMM3Y
Colonel
SAMM3Y's Avatar
1904
Rep
2,113
Posts

Drives: 2008 m3
Join Date: Feb 2018
Location: NorCal

iTrader: (2)

What a scumbag.... I'll give you $200 for it 😂
__________________
9ers
Appreciate 0
      11-12-2020, 10:53 PM   #120
BlueM3Wagon
Captain
BlueM3Wagon's Avatar
644
Rep
879
Posts

Drives: 2012 M3 e91
Join Date: Mar 2017
Location: Kettering ohio

iTrader: (2)

Quote:
Originally Posted by SAMM3Y View Post
What a scumbag.... I'll give you $200 for it 😂
Ha! Yeah if I'm stuck with it. Definitely going up. I'm not screwing with trying to make it work.
__________________
2012 E91m3 custom build

Follow on Instagram: BlueM3wagon
Appreciate 0
      11-13-2020, 11:18 AM   #121
BlueM3Wagon
Captain
BlueM3Wagon's Avatar
644
Rep
879
Posts

Drives: 2012 M3 e91
Join Date: Mar 2017
Location: Kettering ohio

iTrader: (2)

I need to find an e90 M3 local in the area to confirm fitment. Maybe for some reason it isn't fitting mine due to how the bumpers were spliced together for the e91 rear custom setup. Nothing on the bottom half was messed with so I don't understand how it could be but the original seller of this diffuser claims it was a perfect fit on his e90 and the seller I bought it from only had it out of the box to to take pictures for me, he never put it up on his e90 at all.
__________________
2012 E91m3 custom build

Follow on Instagram: BlueM3wagon
Appreciate 0
      11-14-2020, 06:29 PM   #122
ZachE90M3
Enlisted Member
18
Rep
44
Posts

Drives: BMW M3
Join Date: May 2020
Location: Kenosha, WI

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueM3Wagon View Post
Well that was a terrible waste of 700 bucks. Bought what I thought was a e90 challenge diffuser from a member here and it's doesn't line up at all and too long. Assuming it's an e92 diffuser?

Even with the bolts not in, the diffuser doesn't line up at all on the top or around the sides.
Does this mean you aren't selling it anymore lol.
Appreciate 0
      11-14-2020, 09:52 PM   #123
BlueM3Wagon
Captain
BlueM3Wagon's Avatar
644
Rep
879
Posts

Drives: 2012 M3 e91
Join Date: Mar 2017
Location: Kettering ohio

iTrader: (2)

I was just putting pieces on I had sitting in the garage: won't know if I'm selling until after the New Years, just too much going on right now.
__________________
2012 E91m3 custom build

Follow on Instagram: BlueM3wagon
Appreciate 1
Post Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 08:33 PM.




m3post
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2020, vBulletin Solutions Inc.
1Addicts.com, BIMMERPOST.com, E90Post.com, F30Post.com, M3Post.com, ZPost.com, 5Post.com, 6Post.com, 7Post.com, XBimmers.com logo and trademark are properties of BIMMERPOST