BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > M3 (E90 / E92 / E93) > New and Preowned M3 Pricing, Ordering, Tracking / European Delivery / Dealer Reviews

01-26-2015, 02:59 PM   #1
Curt2000
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: '93 Supra Turbo

F80 Individual ED Order Placed with Steve Thomas BMW!

Gents,
In Spring 2013 I got to experience one of the greatest automotive vacations available to consumers when I picked up my Santorini Blue E92 M3 from the Welt. Santorini European Delivery

I worked with David Aviles who really made the process seamless and fun. I had a lot of questions and reservations but David always had the answers and explanations but more importantly, the promptness to quickly put me at ease.

I kept in touch with David as he moved from the east coast to west coast and began working at Steve Thomas BMW. I knew that David getting hired on at Steve Thomas was unprecedented because it would combine the nations leading M salesmen with a leading online volume dealership.

When I decided to move on to the F8X platform I knew it would be in individual paint, a european delivery and that I would be buying it from David! Even with F80 allocations flying off the shelf and sold out for months at most dealerships, David was able to get me locked in at a great price almost instantly!

I am a relentless consumer, I always thoroughly shop around for deals and no other dealership even came close. Some dealerships will offer to match but when they start discussing european deliveries and individual orders they quickly reveal that they know less about the process than I do.

The fact that David knows the ED and individual processes inside and out is an invaluable skill. In addition to being incredibly knowledgable and experienced with the process David also has good relationships with the individual and ED corporate offices allowing him to maneuver and negotiate requests at a lightening pace.

Now it's time for a torturous 6 weeks of waiting! I'm picking her up in early March to allow for a delivery date in time for Bimmerfest. Im hoping the weather will hold out for some more laps at the Nurburgring and a little touring around Germany.

2015 F80 M3 Sedan
Individual Paint (secret until someone spills the beans)
Carbon Cloth/Leather
6MT
Lighting Package

Tentative Itinerary:
3 March: Arrive in Munich, Hofbrau House...blackout
4 March: Day trip to Slovenia to visit Akrapovic via train...spend night in Venice
5 March: Tentative visit to Brembo in Milan
6 March: Euro Delivery and drive car to Nurburing for visits to racing facilities and stay the night in Sabine's family hotel
7 March: Tourist Laps on the Nurburing in the morning and drop car off in Munich in the evening
8 March: Return to the States

I may or may not drive the car to Slovenia and Italy, I would have to transverse the alps and Austria to get there...depending on weather that may be ill-advised and expensive considering I would have to rent snow tires from BMW since they are required to drive in Austria until April. I may rely on trains for those trips so I don't have to worry about the car and I'd be able to take delivery with the sport tires which will make the ring a little more fun than if I had snow tires for the laps.

Stay tuned for the full trip report! Also follow me on Instagram for updates: @C2Kmotorsports

-Curt

Former Car: '16 SUNBURST GOLD F80 ///M3--6MT/Carbon Cloth (ED Thread)
Former Car:'13 SANTORINI BLUE E92///M3--6MT/Speed Cloth/ZCP(ED Thread)
INSTAGRAM:@C2KMotorsports

Last edited by Curt2000; 01-26-2015 at 03:07 PM..
Appreciate 0
      01-27-2015, 06:57 AM   #2
marcosowns
Private
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2013 FR-S

Very awesome! I look forward to your follow up posts!
Appreciate 0
      01-27-2015, 02:02 PM   #3
B8bydesign
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: '11 BMW M3

Garage List
2011 BMW M3  [10.00]
Sounds awesome, looking forward to the update in March!
Sold: '11.5 e92 M3 | DCT | Mineral White/Novillo | ZCP | ZCV | ZCW | ZP2 | M Performance | ACM | BPM | iND | Thule | LUX | Macht Schnell | Broadway Static | Rogue Engineering | BBS | Challenge | Metak
Appreciate 0
      01-27-2015, 07:31 PM   #4
Curt2000
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: '93 Supra Turbo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sam@ModeCarbon View Post
Sub'd! Take me with you
I got 4 doors and a big trunk, you're more than welcome!
Quote:
Originally Posted by marcosowns View Post
Very awesome! I look forward to your follow up posts!
I plan on a full ED photo journal and write-up
Quote:
Originally Posted by B8bydesign View Post
Sounds awesome, looking forward to the update in March!

Former Car: '16 SUNBURST GOLD F80 ///M3--6MT/Carbon Cloth (ED Thread)
Former Car:'13 SANTORINI BLUE E92///M3--6MT/Speed Cloth/ZCP(ED Thread)
INSTAGRAM:@C2KMotorsports
Appreciate 0