BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > M3 (E90 / E92 / E93) > General M3 Forum (E90 + E92 + E93)

03-02-2011, 08:58 PM   #1
Wretched Creature
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2011.5 E90 M3 Interlagos Blue

The Long Wait is Over!

After four months, I finally have my dream car!

I bought the car from a dealer out of my area, near my parents' house. I picked her up on an exceptionally stormy day and spent the weekend with my folks, waiting out the bad weather. So bad in fact, that I woke up Saturday morning to find my car covered in hail (this is a big deal in the central coast area of California)! However, my wife and I woke up Sunday morning to sunlight and drove from San Luis Obispo to Santa Cruz on HWY 1. Bad weather the two previous days kept most people off the road and for the most part, we had the beautiful twisty curves to ourselves, all the while listening to the playlist I had prepared especially for the trip. Simply fantastic day.

I graduated from a 2003 325i which I loved but, of course, the M3 is absolutely amazing and clearly in a class by itself. I had high expectations and this car has exceeded them. From the sound of the amazing engine, to the fat steering wheel, to the beautiful lines and color, this car is a piece of art and an amazing automobile to drive. Even the sound of my playlist on my iPhone via bluetooth exceeded my expectations. I am absolutely in love with my car!

The specs: I got everything excluding ZCP and so far, I love it all!

Here are some pics (sorry for the quality, took these with my Canon point-and-shoot):

Update 3/6/11: Added interior pics - Silver Novillo extended leather (the pics don't do it justice) with carbon leather and enhanced premium sound.
Attached Images

Last edited by Wretched Creature; 03-06-2011 at 05:37 PM.. Reason: Adding interior pics...
Appreciate 0
      03-02-2011, 09:08 PM   #2
MN-M3
Private
Rep
Drives: 2010 M3

Nice!!! I cannot wait to get mine ordered up. 4 months though!! I was told 6-8 weeks, the wait must have been dreadful!! Well, congratulations!

P.S. Beautiful house!!
Appreciate 0
      03-02-2011, 09:11 PM   #3
Echo M3
Major
No_Country
Rep
Drives: E90 M3

Some days, I really regret not getting IB. Congrats on the car, and you have a beautiful home!
Appreciate 0
      03-02-2011, 09:17 PM   #4
Wretched Creature
Private First Class
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by MN-M3 View Post
Nice!!! I cannot wait to get mine ordered up. 4 months though!! I was told 6-8 weeks, the wait must have been dreadful!! Well, congratulations!

P.S. Beautiful house!!
Thanks MN-M3!

Yeah, I went through a small dealership and a very green salesman. I don't think my wait is typical. The dates changed many times but the car finally came in three weeks ago. I was out of town and couldn't pick it up until Friday before last. I've had it for a week-and-a-half and it's just amazing.

Good luck with your order! Have you decided on a configuration yet?

Regarding the house, I wish I could take credit but the first three pics are taken at an Art Center near our house while the rest are taken at a private residence. Unfortunately, not mine.
Appreciate 0
      03-02-2011, 09:24 PM   #5
Wretched Creature
Private First Class
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by pman10 View Post
Some days, I really regret not getting IB. Congrats on the car, and you have a beautiful home!
I was actually a bit nervous about the color. I had a very difficult time choosing between IB and Space Gray Metallic. However, when they brought the car around at the dealership, both my wife and I were floored. Any doubts I had vanished completely.

What color did you end up with pman?

As for the house, I certainly didn't intend to portray it as my own! I wish I could take credit but the first three pics are taken at an Art Center near our house while the rest are taken at a private residence. Unfortunately, not mine.
Appreciate 0
      03-02-2011, 09:35 PM   #6
OC3
Havin' a blast!
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2013 M3 E92 Jerez Blk DCT ZCP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wretched Creature View Post
From the sound of the amazing engine, to
Hah, wait 'til you rev past 5,500 rpm. Oh, and try WOT in a tunnel w/ windows opened.

Congratz.
BRP 1:56 | CVR 2:01 | ACS 1:53 | WSIR 1:34
Appreciate 0
      03-02-2011, 09:38 PM   #7
Crazy Bimmer
The Jesal
United_States
Rep

Garage List
2009 BMW M3  [0.00]
Great choice!
      03-02-2011, 09:50 PM   #8
NYCMCBM3
Colonel
No_Country
Rep
Drives: 2012 MCB E92 M3

Congratsz!!
      03-02-2011, 10:05 PM   #9
BMWBoss
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: E92 M3

Garage List
2008 BMW M3  [0.00]
Beautiful ride...congrats and welcome to the dark side...I hope you enjoy it!!
Appreciate 0
      03-02-2011, 10:28 PM   #10
esk8mw
Private
Rep
Drives: 2011 e90 m3

Looking good, you have the exact car I've been building in my mind for a while now. IB/silver interior/carbon leather, correct?
Appreciate 0
      03-02-2011, 11:49 PM   #11
mr_yogi
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: Success

Congrats! Looking good Billy Ray!! That's IB?? I thought it was LMB!! Man, looks like I have no idea what to expect from my LMB in a couple of weeks!!
Appreciate 0
      03-03-2011, 01:24 AM   #12
MN-M3
Private
Rep
Drives: 2010 M3

Quote:
Thanks MN-M3!

Yeah, I went through a small dealership and a very green salesman. I don't think my wait is typical. The dates changed many times but the car finally came in three weeks ago. I was out of town and couldn't pick it up until Friday before last. I've had it for a week-and-a-half and it's just amazing.

Good luck with your order! Have you decided on a configuration yet?

Regarding the house, I wish I could take credit but the first three pics are taken at an Art Center near our house while the rest are taken at a private residence. Unfortunately, not mine.
I think so! Pretty much every option except for the winter package, because I don't ski. Trying to decide on colors now, was set on Space Gray but that blue is something! What interior trim did you go with? I'm trying to decide between piano black and the cf leather.
Appreciate 0
      03-03-2011, 01:55 AM   #13
BobsM3Coupe
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: X5MC

Congrats on the new car. Didn't you order this car back in November? If so, it took over 3 months to get to your dealer? Boy that long wait had to be torture. Enjoy the new car.
Appreciate 0
      03-03-2011, 09:46 AM   #14
Wretched Creature
Private First Class
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by OC3 View Post
Hah, wait 'til you rev past 5,500 rpm. Oh, and try WOT in a tunnel w/ windows opened.

Congratz.
Thanks OC3! I simply cannot wait to open her up, drive through tunnels, downshift etc. The other day I had to accelerate quickly to get out of the way of some genius who changed lanes without looking and without a turn signal. I revved up to just over 4000 rpm and even that little bit sounded heavenly. 1500 miles cannot come soon enough (I'm barely at 500 miles now)!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crazy Bimmer View Post
Great choice!
Thanks Crazy Bimmer! Great minds eh?

Quote:
Originally Posted by NycE93M3 View Post
Congratsz!!
Thanks NycE93M3!

Quote:
Originally Posted by BMWBoss View Post
Beautiful ride...congrats and welcome to the dark side...I hope you enjoy it!!
Thanks BMWBoss! Heheh, the dark side indeed!

Quote:
Originally Posted by esk8mw View Post
Looking good, you have the exact car I've been building in my mind for a while now. IB/silver interior/carbon leather, correct?
Thanks esk8mw! And yes, it's IB with silver novillo extended leather and carbon fiber leather. I'd never seen this combination in the flesh and was a bit nervous. It's absolutely beautiful! Will post interior pics in the next few days.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mr_yogi View Post
Congrats! Looking good Billy Ray!! That's IB?? I thought it was LMB!! Man, looks like I have no idea what to expect from my LMB in a couple of weeks!!
Thank you mr_yogi! IB indeed. Initially I was torn between IB, LMB and SGM. I decided against LMB because it was similar to my Topaz Blue 325i (and my wife didn't understand why I was getting the "same" car if I was going to spend this much money ). Good luck on your order! The last few weeks are like waiting for Xmas, x 11.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MN-M3 View Post
I think so! Pretty much every option except for the winter package, because I don't ski. Trying to decide on colors now, was set on Space Gray but that blue is something! What interior trim did you go with? I'm trying to decide between piano black and the cf leather.
Hey MN-M3, I went with the cf leather and it's simply beautiful. Everyone who sees it loves it. And regarding the winter package, I have to say I love the heated seats and fold down rears. Something to consider even if you don't ski. Good luck!

Quote:
Originally Posted by BobsM3Coupe View Post
Congrats on the new car. Didn't you order this car back in November? If so, it took over 3 months to get to your dealer? Boy that long wait had to be torture. Enjoy the new car.
Thanks BobsM3Coupe! And yes, I ordered this beast nearly 4 months ago, at the beginning of November! And yes, it has been pure torture to say the least. The dealer sent me pics of the car when it arrived and my heart sank. It looked purple and I completely regretted my color choice. Then, when I went to pick it up and they drove the car around, I fell in love and have been in love ever since. No regrets whatsoever. I'm doing my best to enjoy the beast but the 1500 mile break in is a new kind of torture!
Appreciate 0
      03-03-2011, 10:01 AM   #15
Echo M3
Major
No_Country
Rep

Quote:
I was actually a bit nervous about the color. I had a very difficult time choosing between IB and Space Gray Metallic. However, when they brought the car around at the dealership, both my wife and I were floored. Any doubts I had vanished completely.

What color did you end up with pman?

As for the house, I certainly didn't intend to portray it as my own! I wish I could take credit but the first three pics are taken at an Art Center near our house while the rest are taken at a private residence. Unfortunately, not mine.
You made the better choice, IMO. IB is a much bolder color choice that really suits the aggressive stance of the E90.

I originally ordered IB and switched to Jerez Black at the last minute. I love the color, but it's really a pain to maintain (gets dirty in 2-3 days), and it doesn't 'pop' in the daylight quite like IB.
Appreciate 0
      03-03-2011, 10:41 AM   #16
GOLFFRR
Rep
Drives: GOLFFRR cart

congrats! car looks awesome.

BEFORE YOU BUY YOUR NEXT BMW, EMAIL OUR GUY KOTE FIRST!
Kote M Sales:Kotem@bmwofcamarillo.com Cell:805-368-9101
vipfinance@bmwofcamarillo.com for warranties!
Appreciate 0
      03-03-2011, 10:51 AM   #17
Poppin Fresh
Colonel
Philippines
Rep
Drives: With a sunroof and front plate

Congratulations! It must have been a great ride to Santa Cruz, man I love that place! I miss going to Marinis at the boardwalk, Zoccoli's on Pacific, and Pink Godzilla in Capitola. Is the Umbrella Man still there?
      03-03-2011, 12:01 PM   #18
Brosef
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: F90 M5

beautiful car - congrats! I never get tired of the 220M wheels - they suit the M perfectly. excellent choices.
Appreciate 0
      03-03-2011, 12:12 PM   #19
M3Fool
Loves FFDP
Germany
Rep
Drives: 11 E90 M3 SOLD 11 5.0 'Stang

Nice combo... congrats
      03-03-2011, 06:15 PM   #20
BobsM3Coupe
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: X5MC

Thanks BobsM3Coupe! And yes, I ordered this beast nearly 4 months ago, at the beginning of November! And yes, it has been pure torture to say the least. The dealer sent me pics of the car when it arrived and my heart sank. It looked purple and I completely regretted my color choice. Then, when I went to pick it up and they drove the car around, I fell in love and have been in love ever since. No regrets whatsoever. I'm doing my best to enjoy the beast but the 1500 mile break in is a new kind of torture![/QUOTE]

Did BMW raise the suggested break in mileage to 1500 or are you just allowing a safety margin of 300 extra? When I had the 1200 mile service, I waited for the oil temp to get to normal and then dropped a few gears and took it to 8200 rpm. I forgot what a sweet sound these cars put out above 6000 rpm.
Appreciate 0
      03-03-2011, 06:22 PM   #21
Prince_of_Persia
Colonel
Canada
Rep
Drives: 6MT E92 M3

Looks sick man! Congrats. After the 1200 miles you will love your M3 even more (first service).
I wanted to comment about your house as well but some one else beat me on it and you already mentioned its not yours lol

AW|FR 6MT E92 ///M3
Appreciate 0
      03-03-2011, 06:27 PM   #22
fastrack
Captain
Canada
Rep
Drives: 11 MW e92 M3

Garage List
2021 M2c  [0.00]
Car looks great, i almost ordered that color

Mineral White + HRE + Brembo + Eisenmann + Challenge = Perfection