BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > M3 (E90 / E92 / E93) > General M3 Forum (E90 + E92 + E93)

Mporium BMW
Closed Thread

04-08-2012, 10:43 AM   #45
M3SQRD
Major General
Rep
Drives: E92 M3,G20 330ix,F22 240iX,F82

Quote:
Originally Posted by SehrSchnell View Post
Upon further reflection I *do* realize that I wasted way too much time doing that... it is also completely narcissistic. What makes it even worse is the fact that I wrote this on a Saturday... and now this.. on a Sunday... Easter Sunday. F@ck me.
Well, at least you've learned from your mistake

Appreciate 0
      04-08-2012, 07:58 PM   #46
sarpcerci
Rep
Drives: bmw m3

As a matter of fact, i read the manual, not like studying for a must-pass history exam but i read. But BMW manuals are tricky. They always have been.For example, the way to turn up the volume of navigation is to click on the 'voice off/on' button to turn voice off then press again to turn it which reads the last navigation command and you can only turn it up during the little speech. I discovered this accidentally before seeing it in the book and thought it was a shortcut, it turns out it is the only way to that task
It is the ultimate pragmatic handbook. I dont have a problem with it, it is fun to read. But it is not easy to find stuff.
Appreciate 0
      04-08-2012, 09:39 PM   #47
Foodle
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2011.75 E90 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by sarpcerci View Post
Can someone please briefly explain the difference between S and D, the car starting D1, D2, S3, S1, D3/S3 etc. It is very confusing. And it seems like these are pretty important distinctions. I dont even know what D and S stand for? Thank you.
Asks obvious dumb question ...

Quote:
I just figured gentlemen like you guys who have the time and geekiness to list down to the color of rims, exhaust ,diffuser brand, etc in the signature does have all this info filed up in those high mile brains and can share it in a heartbeat. I am wrong? The new generation likes to ride the baby boomers' experience. If you are not that old, well that is worse...

All you had to do is just not respond, why show that you have nothing better to do than be a smug on a message board on a saturday no less.
Gets butt hurt and lamely insulting when justifiably mocked ...

Quote:
As a matter of fact, i read the manual, not like studying for a must-pass history exam but i read. But BMW manuals are tricky.
Claims to have read the manual, but because of its "trickiness" was unable to decipher the most basic of the transmission's functionality.

Good job!
Appreciate 0
      04-08-2012, 11:33 PM   #48
ksflatlander
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2011 E90 M3

How did you even get the car home?
Appreciate 0
      04-09-2012, 06:20 AM   #49
ThunderMoose