BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > M3 Marketplace > Vendor Comments/Review/Feedback Forum

Mporium BMW

03-04-2016, 12:32 PM   #23
Scrippy
Lord Scrip
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2011 M3 Coupe

Garage List
  [0.00]
2007 BMW 335i  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by S65-M3
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scrippy View Post
I paid with my Chase card. I started a claim but I only get 120 days from date of charge to reach a result. BIMMERRETROFIT was able to feed Chase bullshit reasons in a format that a layman would think is accurate and truthful. Being that they are not coding/mechanics/car people they bought it hook line and sinker. Well I requested their counter claim and I got it 4 weeks later in the mail. Now Chase is not obligated to help. I'll be trying small claims but they are a Canadian company so this should be fun. I more wanted to make people on this forum aware of this companies business ethics and how they handle claims. I tried politely with BIMMERRETROFIT before contacting Chase. Duechy company to say the least.
Chase are the worst CC company to deal with in terms of claims. Read about their reviews online. The process is really bad and they are in favor of seller most of the time if seller feed them with anything even if it is not right. If I were you, I would have only used PayPal.
Yeah, that will be my only payment method moving forward. You're like the 1,000th person to say that. I just can't believe how BIMMERRETROFIT works! Nothing worked that they sold me......Combox-FAIL.....PNP cable-FAIL!
      03-07-2016, 05:11 PM   #24
narkotic
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2016 M3

So I thought I'd offer my two cents..

I bought a kit from them, and had nothing but good experiences.

The beginning process was a little shaky - as they sell very "tech-y" products and a lot of the nomenclature used made no sense to me. Their responses were quick, and useful.

I got my unit in good time, and installed it over the weekend.

One challenge I had was that it did not come pre-activated. The manual says it is, but i found out mine wasn't as it exhibited issues that it wasn't (going over 1000RPM causes it to shut off the radio, etc..) I asked for an activation code and immediately heard back from them on Sunday evening! Unfortunately their support team wasn't able to get me the code until Monday, but I still consider that very efficient service.

Unfortunately though the code would not accept using their software. I called their tech support and they were very prompt, courteous and easy to deal with.

All in all I had a good experience. Sort of strange that you had the exact opposite. I'll direct them to this thread as they need to hear these sorts of things.
Appreciate 0
      03-07-2016, 09:33 PM   #25
Scrippy
Lord Scrip
United_States
Rep

Garage List
  [0.00]
2007 BMW 335i  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by narkotic
So I thought I'd offer my two cents..

I bought a kit from them, and had nothing but good experiences.

The beginning process was a little shaky - as they sell very "tech-y" products and a lot of the nomenclature used made no sense to me. Their responses were quick, and useful.

I got my unit in good time, and installed it over the weekend.

One challenge I had was that it did not come pre-activated. The manual says it is, but i found out mine wasn't as it exhibited issues that it wasn't (going over 1000RPM causes it to shut off the radio, etc..) I asked for an activation code and immediately heard back from them on Sunday evening! Unfortunately their support team wasn't able to get me the code until Monday, but I still consider that very efficient service.

Unfortunately though the code would not accept using their software. I called their tech support and they were very prompt, courteous and easy to deal with.

All in all I had a good experience. Sort of strange that you had the exact opposite. I'll direct them to this thread as they need to hear these sorts of things.
Appreciate your two cents. I'm glad it all worked out for you. Unfortunately my experience was nothing more than a $600 nightmare waste of money. About all I got out of it was the blue connector for making up a combox cable. Their cable didn't work either. Oh well, at least now I can install a combox without anyone's help. This shitty order lead me to purchasing an icom and an actual NEW in the box with static protection combox that actually works. Now I will help my close friends so that they do not go down the road I did. If you do talk to Valerie.....tell'em I said hi
      03-07-2016, 11:37 PM   #26
freezer
Rep
Drives: 335i

I am sorry to hear about your experience and surprised to read such thread about this company. I have dealt with bimmer retrofit many times in the past 3 years, buying stuff for myself and a few of my friends, who are also on this forum .

They have helped me when I was stuck with a non-working CIC system purchased from eBay without hesitation. After that I bought from them other retrofits, which also worked well.
Only positive experience, they are real professionals which are rare these days.
Appreciate 0
      03-07-2016, 11:39 PM   #27
Scrippy
Lord Scrip
United_States
Rep

Garage List
  [0.00]
2007 BMW 335i  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by freezer
I am sorry to hear about your experience and surprised to read such thread about this company. I have dealt with bimmer retrofit many times in the past 3 years, buying stuff for myself and a few of my friends, who are also on this forum .

They have helped me when I was stuck with a non-working CIC system purchased from eBay without hesitation. After that I bought from them other retrofits, which also worked well.
Only positive experience, they are real professionals which are rare these days.
That's pretty sweet of them! Wonder why they didn't offer to help me out? A shop out my way said it could have been RMA'd. Still cool that they helped you out though.
      03-09-2016, 06:08 PM   #28
Hujan
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: M3

OP: I would highly recommend that you consider filing a small-claims action against them. I strongly suspect that as soon as you serve them with a copy of the complaint against them, they will refund you the money they owe you. Good luck.

http://www.dca.ca.gov/publications/small_claims/
Appreciate 0
      03-10-2016, 01:56 PM   #29
Scrippy
Lord Scrip
United_States
Rep

Garage List
  [0.00]
2007 BMW 335i  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hujan
OP: I would highly recommend that you consider filing a small-claims action against them. I strongly suspect that as soon as you serve them with a copy of the complaint against them, they will refund you the money they owe you. Good luck.

http://www.dca.ca.gov/publications/small_claims/
Appreciate the reply man! I'm over it. I really don't feel like putting any effort into this any further. At this point I got handled by ECSTuning for half the cost. I would rather just post on this forum every now and then to push this post up in the coding area and talk shit about bimmerretroshit for the rest of my existence.
      03-10-2016, 06:07 PM   #30
Hujan
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: M3

Quote:
Appreciate the reply man! I'm over it. I really don't feel like putting any effort into this any further. At this point I got handled by ECSTuning for half the cost. I would rather just post on this forum every now and then to push this post up in the coding area and talk shit about bimmerretroshit for the rest of my existence.
Quite understandable. Karma is real and they will get theirs.
Appreciate 0
      03-11-2016, 12:29 AM   #31
Scrippy
Lord Scrip
United_States
Rep

Garage List
  [0.00]
2007 BMW 335i  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hujan
Quote:
Quite understandable. Karma is real and they will get theirs.
I agree! Hey like I said....the whole thing gave me a better understanding of the parameters in the car electronics. Maybe people will see this post and think "if that dueche Scrippy can do it...so can I". Then Bimmerretroshit will have that many less customers.