BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > M3 (E90 / E92 / E93) > New and Preowned M3 Pricing, Ordering, Tracking / European Delivery / Dealer Reviews

BPM

05-07-2009, 03:16 PM   #1
PeteM6
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2015 M5 CP

Taxes on Lease transfers??

Hi guys, I'm interested in taking over an M3 lease that is located in NC and im located in Houston, TX. My question is, do i have to pay the 6.5% tax of the total vehicle price when i register the vehicle in Texas? The person who I would be taking over the lease stated that the monthly payment of the car already included taxes. I want to take over the lease, but I dont want to be surprised with a 3k plus bill when I get to the DMV here in Texas.

Ive searched on the forums, and even called my local DMV and they cant tell me because they dont know North Carolina's laws and taxes. Thanks in advance for any help.
Appreciate 0
      05-07-2009, 03:40 PM   #2
gobuffs
Captain
Rep
Drives: E30 M3 S54 (race car)

Pretty sure the answer is yes, you will have to pay taxes on it in Texas. Depending on how NC does it, they might be able to take the taxes out of it.
Appreciate 0