BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > M3 Marketplace > Private Sellers - For Sale / Trade / Wanted > Cars for sale/wanted/trade

BPM

10-15-2018, 03:37 PM   #1
jdaustin
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: f82 m4

WTB low mileage jet black e92 m3

Looking for a pretty specific car. 2011 and up, less than 25k miles, DCT, jet black exterior with preferably black interior, premium audio (not sure if thats the name for it), and preferably with ZCP package.

Have been browsing on here and autotrader for a while, can't find what I am looking for in the exterior paint I want. Thanks!
Appreciate 0
      10-15-2018, 06:09 PM   #2
CarbonBlack88
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2013 E92 M3

There are two CarMax cars that are close to what you want. They both have the two-tone interior though and one has slightly more miles (27k) than you're targeting.

https://www.carmax.com/car/16580241

https://www.carmax.com/car/15659972

Perhaps you could get the interior dyed solid black? Upside would be that you could buy the CarMax warranty if you're interested.

The 27k one has been there for many months so they might be flexible on price, even though they are no-haggle. I'm surprised they haven't lowered the price yet.

GL

Last edited by CarbonBlack88; 10-16-2018 at 04:07 PM.. Reason: Spelling
Appreciate 0
      10-16-2018, 03:31 PM   #3
jdaustin
Enlisted Member
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by CarbonBlack88 View Post
There are two CarMax cars that are close to what you want. They both have the two-tone interior though and one has slightly more miles (27k) that you're targeting.

https://www.carmax.com/car/16580241

https://www.carmax.com/car/15659972

Perhaps you could get the interior dyed solid black? Upside would be that you could buy the CarMax warranty if you're interested.

The 27k one has been there for many months so they might be flexible on price, even though they are no-haggle. I'm surprised they haven't lowered the price yet.

GL
Thanks a lot!
Appreciate 0
      11-08-2018, 07:30 PM   #4
automotiveaperture
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: Frozen Black M3

Hey man, not to thread hijack but I have a Frozen Black edition, 1 of 20, with 26,8xx miles, PM if interested and I'll send more details and pics
Appreciate 0
      11-08-2018, 07:34 PM   #5
dsu*
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: no rides, i walk =)

I have a loaded Jet black/black 09 with 30k miles, second owner. Car is loaded with Dinan parts, rod bearings already fixed. Let me know if interested, located in Irvine.
Appreciate 0
      12-01-2018, 02:42 AM   #6
jdaustin
Enlisted Member
Rep

Bump, went to see the CarMax cars but pictures didn’t match up to the real thing to say the least. Still looking for a black e92 comp!
Appreciate 0
      12-06-2018, 07:18 PM   #7
Freiheit
Captain
Rep
Drives: 2011 Competition Coupe

I was in the same boat you are, and your want list is almost precisely the same as mine. I was a little more flexible on color, as I wanted Space Grey and Interlagos or LeMans Blue as well. It took a lot more searching than just here and Autotrader though.

For openers, try Autotempest. It does a pretty good job of aggregating results from eBay, Autotrader, CarMax, Cars.com, CarsDirect, and some others I'm forgetting. I found the best results were to expand the search nationwide and then sort by mileage, low to high. Cap your mileage at 30k. Don't specifically request black, because sometimes people forget to put the color, or put the wrong one, believe it or not, and you'll end up missing the right car. Also forget about putting in the transmission choice, because no one knows the right way to categorize a DCT (its a manual, but most people don't realize it, dealers especially, so they put "automatic").
Autotempest will also give you external links to Autotrader and CarGurus, and it'll fill in the search info for you on those sites. You'll probably have to tweak them a bit.
Don't forget Autolist. It was dropped from Autotempest for some reason (probably because the first 5 or 6 listings are for scams from some dealer who says they have that many zero-mile E92s sitting there). It still gets cars you won't find on other sites. Thats where I found my car, IIRC.

One of the guys here coded a site that specifically checks FS posts on enthusiast forums. Its a work in progress but it offers some excellent help in your search. Give it a try: HiddenRides
Appreciate 0
      12-07-2018, 01:45 AM   #8
jdaustin
Enlisted Member
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Freiheit View Post
I was in the same boat you are, and your want list is almost precisely the same as mine. I was a little more flexible on color, as I wanted Space Grey and Interlagos or LeMans Blue as well. It took a lot more searching than just here and Autotrader though.

For openers, try Autotempest. It does a pretty good job of aggregating results from eBay, Autotrader, CarMax, Cars.com, CarsDirect, and some others I'm forgetting. I found the best results were to expand the search nationwide and then sort by mileage, low to high. Cap your mileage at 30k. Don't specifically request black, because sometimes people forget to put the color, or put the wrong one, believe it or not, and you'll end up missing the right car. Also forget about putting in the transmission choice, because no one knows the right way to categorize a DCT (its a manual, but most people don't realize it, dealers especially, so they put "automatic").
Autotempest will also give you external links to Autotrader and CarGurus, and it'll fill in the search info for you on those sites. You'll probably have to tweak them a bit.
Don't forget Autolist. It was dropped from Autotempest for some reason (probably because the first 5 or 6 listings are for scams from some dealer who says they have that many zero-mile E92s sitting there). It still gets cars you won't find on other sites. Thats where I found my car, IIRC.

One of the guys here coded a site that specifically checks FS posts on enthusiast forums. Its a work in progress but it offers some excellent help in your search. Give it a try: HiddenRides
Thank you! I’ve been on autotempest, found it from Matt Farahs YouTube. I will certainly check out the other two!
Appreciate 0
      12-08-2018, 09:24 PM   #9
Freiheit
Captain
Rep
Drives: 2011 Competition Coupe

Quote:
Originally Posted by jdaustin View Post
Thank you! I’ve been on autotempest, found it from Matt Farahs YouTube. I will certainly check out the other two!
You're welcome. Just be patient, and keep trying. I spent 14 months. I hope you have better (quicker) luck. Just don't waver from what you want, unless its to get more specific.

Do the work. In the end, its worth it. I passed up a car in summer of 2017 to find a near identical car a year later for $10k less, with 10k fewer miles and a boatload of mods that I could check off my list.
Appreciate 0