BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > E90/E92 M3 Technical Topics > Cosmetic/Visual (Exterior + Interior) Modifications

BPM

12-15-2019, 02:30 PM   #1
MDMA_M3
Rep
Drives: E90 M3 Jerez Black

Aftermarket Seat Recommendations for tall people

I’m looking to start tracking my E90 M3 but I can’t wear a helmet with the stock seats due to my height (6’ 3”/ 190.5cm). I’m sure an aftermarket seat would solve this issue. If this has been posted before if someone could direct me to the thread it would be very much appreciated. Otherwise if anyone has any seat recommendations please lmk.

Thanks
Appreciate 0
      12-15-2019, 03:27 PM   #2
DR-JEKL
Major General
Australia
Rep
Drives: Space Grey E92 335i 6MT

Quote:
Originally Posted by MDMA_M3 View Post
I’m looking to start tracking my E90 M3 but I can’t wear a helmet with the stock seats due to my height (6’ 3”/ 190.5cm). I’m sure an aftermarket seat would solve this issue. If this has been posted before if someone could direct me to the thread it would be very much appreciated. Otherwise if anyone has any seat recommendations please lmk.

Thanks
Hey mate I'm 6'7 and have a hard time my car also has the sunroof.

I went for a custom race bucket and a custom fixed mount so the seat is practically sitting on the floor almost.

Ive gained 3" of headroom and it feels great to sit so low!

There's a thread in the race subsection regarding raceseats
Appreciate 0
      12-15-2019, 03:43 PM   #3
MDMA_M3
Rep
Drives: E90 M3 Jerez Black

Appreciate the reply. I’ll look into the thread in the race subsection.
Appreciate 0
      12-18-2019, 11:20 PM   #4
Bartledoo
Driver
Rep
Drives: 2011 E90 M3 6MT

Garage List
Any fixed back on Brey Krause direct floor mounts will be plenty low for you. You may even find it too low. I'm 6'3" and with the extreme rake of my Sparco Evo 2 I am too low and reclined too much (they lean you back and down pretty far), but with my more upright Circuit 2 it's perfect. I've moved the Evo 2 to the passenger side. My helmet clears the roof by several inches in either. If I ever have any short instructors in my car they probably won't be able to see the apexes, which could be nice if I miss

I did do my first 15 track days with stock seats, with my helmet on the roof of my slicktop E90. I feel much safer now, especially with the half cage and halo seat going in for next season.