BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > E90/E92 M3 Technical Topics > Engine, Transmission, Exhaust, Drivetrain, ECU Software Modifications

European Auto Source (EAS)

12-09-2018, 10:06 AM   #859
Rvnmaniak
Registered
Rep
Drives: e92 m3

Just bought my 09 M3 with 80k miles. Engine purrs like a kitten, but no evidence that rod bearing issue has ever been addressed, so I will be in the market.
I am a longtime BMW fan, owning an e28, 2 e36s, and an M2.

Frankly, I am shocked at BMWs negligence in the case of the e9x cars. They already faced this issue big time in the e46 M3 to the point of recall and ongoing headaches. How could the NEXT GENERATION of M3 have the same problem? You would think they would have designed the entire damn car around perfect rod bearings following that e46 disaster.
Secondly, I am surprised that the pictures on this thread show bearings from 2008 and 2009 with higher mileage that look BETTER than some of the bearings from 2013 cars that had 30k miles on them.........supposedly after 5 years of design improvement (or at least knowledge of the problem.)
Don't get me wrong, I bought my e92 prepared to address the problem, but this makes BMW engineering look like a bunch of morons.
Appreciate 0
      Yesterday, 11:47 PM   #860
houston
Private
Rep
Drives: M3

“German Engineering” they said. After two e39’s and an e36... my e90 M3 is the nail in my BMW coffin. BMW NA was horrific to deal with when my rod bearings went at 17k on my 2011. Worst experience ever. And the incompetence of the dealership was astounding. Never again.
Appreciate 1