BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > BIMMERPOST Universal Forums > Off-Topic Discussions Board

European Auto Source (EAS)

11-07-2018, 04:49 PM   #23
TXSTYLE
"Salud"
United_States
Rep
Drives: F01 & F15 / Mineral White

Nice man! So I can you what I've been wondering about this static film: How long has yours been on? Any issues depending upon the temps with corners peeling?
      11-07-2018, 05:01 PM   #24
lsturbointeg
Lieutenant General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2011 535i Jet Black

Quote:
Originally Posted by TXSTYLE View Post
Nice man! So I can you what I've been wondering about this static film: How long has yours been on? Any issues depending upon the temps with corners peeling?
it's been exactly one year now since I installed it. those are pictures taken today and so far with all the temp changes here in OH from cold winters and hot summers it's been holding up pretty good! what's great is these can be changed out easily with other designs if you ever get bored
~F90Conversion~21"3Piece Forged AvantGardeWheels~KWV1Coilovers~CQUENCE slotted/drilled rotors~GoodridgeStainlesslines~MeisterschaftQuadEx haust~Akrapovic 4"tips~VRSF DP~VRSF CP~TurboSmart BOV~K&N filter~CarbonFiberExteriorComponents~GladenAlphaCo mponents~MatchUp7BMW~Punch P300-12T~
Follow me on Instagram: lsturbointeg
Appreciate 2
TXSTYLE13651.00
      11-08-2018, 09:16 AM   #25
Reborn_
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2007 BMW Z4MC

Quote:
Originally Posted by lsturbointeg View Post
had the same issue when I first bought the house except the previous owners used reflective/mirror tint which really look wrong. I normally see this used on the backside of the house like on the sliding doors but never on the front of the house. I have double doors so the front doors are clear and the doors inside were tinted. I ended up removing it just like you would with car tint and I picked up the kits they sell at Home Depot. looks similar to the one you have. install was basically using a water and a squeegee. pretty easy to do.
Pretty much my exact setup. I did the huge, top window with this stuff. My door glass was already opaque so I was set with the doors. Kind of a PITA working on a ladder trying to get this stuff on perfectly, but overall not very difficult or time consuming.
Appreciate 0
      11-08-2018, 02:10 PM   #26
lsturbointeg
Lieutenant General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2011 535i Jet Black

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reborn_ View Post
Pretty much my exact setup. I did the huge, top window with this stuff. My door glass was already opaque so I was set with the doors. Kind of a PITA working on a ladder trying to get this stuff on perfectly, but overall not very difficult or time consuming.
We thought about doing the top window but it would than cover up the light chandelier. It looks nice at night when the light are on
~F90Conversion~21"3Piece Forged AvantGardeWheels~KWV1Coilovers~CQUENCE slotted/drilled rotors~GoodridgeStainlesslines~MeisterschaftQuadEx haust~Akrapovic 4"tips~VRSF DP~VRSF CP~TurboSmart BOV~K&N filter~CarbonFiberExteriorComponents~GladenAlphaCo mponents~MatchUp7BMW~Punch P300-12T~
Follow me on Instagram: lsturbointeg
Appreciate 0
      11-08-2018, 02:13 PM   #27
Reborn_
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2007 BMW Z4MC

Haha. We had the same problem and debate. We decided to err on the side of privacy.
Appreciate 0
      11-08-2018, 03:46 PM   #28
EL Jeffe 5
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: CBR1000RR

Nice work, Not only you made improvement on front door but you spend some time on new profile Avatar
      11-08-2018, 04:14 PM   #29
dzvero
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: 2015 M$4 F82

Quote:
Originally Posted by TXSTYLE View Post
Thanks my friend! They are engineered.. Much more durable and moisture resistant.
Cool . Thats what Im planning to use in the kitchen . I dont like tile's . They are much colder in winter and I dont have floor insulation on ventilated crawlspace.
Appreciate 0
      11-08-2018, 07:30 PM   #30
King Rudi
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: Meat Suit

Nice place!
Appreciate 0
      11-08-2018, 07:37 PM   #31
TXSTYLE
"Salud"
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by dzvero View Post
Cool . Thats what Im planning to use in the kitchen . I dont like tile's . They are much colder in winter and I dont have floor insulation on ventilated crawlspace.
Absolutely.

We had wood floors in our previous home as well. But this time 5in hand scraped and darker. We really like them! I've been in homes with tile in the kitchen. And Yue right, way too cold in the winter.
Appreciate 0
      11-08-2018, 07:39 PM   #32
TXSTYLE
"Salud"
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by EL Jeffe 5 View Post
Nice work, Not only you made improvement on front door but you spend some time on new profile Avatar
Thanks my friend.
Appreciate 0