BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > E90/E92 M3 Technical Topics > Cosmetic/Visual (Exterior + Interior) Modifications

European Auto Source (EAS)

01-12-2020, 08:11 PM   #23
nycplumber
Major
Rep
Drives: slow

This is a mod I have wanted for a long time
Appreciate 1
GRUESOM31092.00
      01-12-2020, 11:06 PM   #24
pb_e46
Second Lieutenant
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2004 BMW M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by nycplumber View Post
This is a mod I have wanted for a long time
I have too and the only reason I did it was because I heard the CS were discontinued. It's so hard to find a mint set/ones that only have the leather in bad condition.. usually the backs/sides are kind of beat up too.

They're on par with BBS wheels etc that hold their value so even second hand they sell for similar to new. If you can get your hands on a set I recommend it.

2004 M3 | Mysticblau | Cinnamon | 6MT | Brembo GT | IG: @pb_e46
Appreciate 0
      01-13-2020, 08:59 AM   #25
GRUESOM3
Major
Rep
Drives: 3 NA cars and 1 Turbo car

I have a set of all leathers from recaro in black in my beetle. What's the market for those these days? I was also looking at cobra seats, pretty nice looking with carbon fiber backs and could be ordered with custom stitching as well.
Appreciate 0
      02-18-2020, 10:57 AM   #26
GRUESOM3
Major
Rep

So op did you end up getting your stuff yet? Thanks to you and 6ixSpd i now sent him door card inserts and few other pieces so now doing a full interior with this guy including recaro sportster cs covers, not for my bmws but my vw. Will report back on how it goes.
Appreciate 1
6ixSpd6014.50
      02-20-2020, 08:08 PM   #27
pb_e46
Second Lieutenant
Canada
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by GRUESOM3 View Post
So op did you end up getting your stuff yet? Thanks to you and 6ixSpd i now sent him door card inserts and few other pieces so now doing a full interior with this guy including recaro sportster cs covers, not for my bmws but my vw. Will report back on how it goes.
Hey I did, I finished doing the reupholstery for both. Took about 4 hours each, definitely a learning curve.

He has Youtube videos on removal but not for installation, just have to push the gaskets into place, but I'll write up more about it soon. Once I have some nice photos I'll post them up

Appreciate 1
GRUESOM31092.00
      02-21-2020, 09:59 AM   #28
GRUESOM3
Major
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by pb_e46 View Post
Quote:
Hey I did, I finished doing the reupholstery for both. Took about 4 hours each, definitely a learning curve.

He has Youtube videos on removal but not for installation, just have to push the gaskets into place, but I'll write up more about it soon. Once I have some nice photos I'll post them up
How was the shipping as far as the seat covers getting wrinkled? Did you have to do a lot of steaming? Any tips and tricks you can share would be appreciated. I never took mine apart but have done oem style seats with hog rings.

I was quoted 4-6 weeks but a lot more pieces so let's see how it works out.
Appreciate 0
      02-21-2020, 12:04 PM   #29
Drifter2090
Colonel
Canada
Rep
Drives: E90 M3 | E92 335i | E90 335d

Wow these look amazing!! Can't wait to see the installed pics
SS2-FR E90 M3 6MT / IND / AFE / ActiveAutowerke - SOLD
AW-FR E90 M3 DCT / ACM / IND / AutoTecknic / K&N / H&R / Bilstein - SOLD
Appreciate 0
      02-26-2020, 04:17 PM   #30
pb_e46
Second Lieutenant
Canada
Rep

Quote:
How was the shipping as far as the seat covers getting wrinkled? Did you have to do a lot of steaming? Any tips and tricks you can share would be appreciated. I never took mine apart but have done oem style seats with hog rings.

They came a little bit wrinkled, but once on the seat they stretch out nicely. I used a bit of steam but he recommends the damp cloth and iron more.. Which I agree works better.

Appreciate 0
      02-26-2020, 04:25 PM   #31
pb_e46
Second Lieutenant
Canada
Rep

I can only update you guys with one photo right now since the car is in the garage and is not great for lighting etc.

Couldn't be happier with the way they came out, I always knew I'd need lighter/less tanned cinn door cards and rear bench, but with a clean they came out a lot better.

If you order covers, I'd advise you to take the seat bottom off with the 4 Allen screw and then pull off the covers from that and the seat back respectively. Be careful of the foam, velcro attachments and tab clips when removing. Check AMX Performance on YouTube for his removal videos.

For re-installation, you should start by getting all the velcro pieces and tabs nicely in place in the center of the seat back and seat bottom, before you start pushing the gaskets back into place.

For the seat bottom I'd recommend starting from the front and work your way back. For the seat backs, start from the headrest and move down. The OUTER gasket is what needs to be tucked in, and you will 100% need plastic trim tools to do this. The straight piece was the most useful tool I could've asked for. Any other questions, please feel free to ask.

Will post more photos after my CSL airbox is done, as the DME is out to Kassel for modification.

Appreciate 0
      02-26-2020, 04:57 PM   #32
GRUESOM3
Major
Rep

Thanks for the info.

Are the bottom foams interchangeable from passenger seat to drivers side? Reason I'm asking is I'm thinking if they are to put the driver side on passenger seat and vise versa since the passenger seat had barely been sat on and my recaros are pretty old I got them when they first came out.

Also how is the leather quality? I chose this red for my project with black stitching throughout. And the pattern is of the recaros that he's done before see pic attached. I'm getting anxious.
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      02-27-2020, 12:23 PM   #33
pb_e46
Second Lieutenant
Canada
Rep

Quote:

Quote:
Thanks for the info.

Are the bottom foams interchangeable from passenger seat to drivers side? Reason I'm asking is I'm thinking if they are to put the driver side on passenger seat and vise versa since the passenger seat had barely been sat on and my recaros are pretty old I got them when they first came out.

Also how is the leather quality? I chose this red for my project with black stitching throughout. And the pattern is of the recaros that he's done before see pic attached. I'm getting anxious.
Yeah the foams are interchangeable, they're symmetrical. You can just change the whole seat bottom over between sides if you really wanted, they mount the same too. Might be something I'll consider too if I notice more wear over time... haha.

Leather quality is awesome, the grain he uses is top notch. I'm super happy with it. If you ordered something custom, then he will deliver

Appreciate 0
      03-16-2020, 01:31 PM   #34
pb_e46
Second Lieutenant
Canada
Rep

More photos!!

Appreciate 1
WagonR293.00
      03-16-2020, 02:09 PM   #35
Obioban
Emperor
Rep
Drives: M3, M3, M5, M5

Garage List
2008 BMW M5  [0.00]
2017 BMW i3  [0.00]
2005 BMW M3 Coupe  [0.00]
2001 BMW M5  [0.00]
Looks great.

e46 M3 steering wheel/cluster isn't ugly, and those seats look stock in the best possible way.

2005 M3 Coupe, 2004 M3 Wagon, 2001 M5 Sedan, 2008 M5 6MT Sedan, 2012 128i M sport
Appreciate 0
      03-16-2020, 02:41 PM   #36
doogee
Major
Rep
Drives: '08 M3, '09 328xi Sport Wagon

Looks good, you can use a heat gun on all the wrinkles to remove them.
      03-17-2020, 08:51 AM   #37
GRUESOM3
Major
Rep

Very nice. I like the 12 o clock steering wheel to match as well. With everything goin on who knows when I will receive my covers
Appreciate 0
      05-15-2020, 07:44 AM   #38
schlichtm3
Driver
Germany
Rep
Drives: M4 Competition 2019

I have a question, do the Recaro CS seats with airbag and seat heater from AMX Performance plug & play?
Should fit in an E92 M3 from 4/2011 with the original seats with seat heater etc.

Or do I still have to buy rails, cables etc. and do I have to do some coding?
Appreciate 0
      05-15-2020, 10:09 AM   #39
derbo
Derbo Tuning
Rep
Drives: BMW M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by schlichtm3 View Post
I have a question, do the Recaro CS seats with airbag and seat heater from AMX Performance plug & play?
Should fit in an E92 M3 from 4/2011 with the original seats with seat heater etc.

From my research, wires should plug n play for cars with heated seats. In North America, we have occupancy sensors and will need to do coding to remove that. For you, I believe its purely plug n play.

You can contact him on Instagram as he does reply to messages.
Track Chat Discord: https://discord.gg/VsKbTyqBVj
SF Bay Area: DM For coding services
Appreciate 0
      05-15-2020, 11:42 AM   #40
schlichtm3
Driver
Germany
Rep

Thank you but i have also occupancy sensors :-(

So i will ask him.
Appreciate 0
      05-15-2020, 03:49 PM   #41
pb_e46
Second Lieutenant
Canada
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by doogee View Post
I tried a steam gun but didn't do much, I'll try the heat gun sometime soon but still scary haha.

Quote:
Very nice. I like the 12 o clock steering wheel to match as well. With everything goin on who knows when I will receive my covers
Thank you! I had that one done from Tainik on eBay, he's the next best after Ledermanz in my opinion. I actually had a set of BBS LM shipped from Denmark recently and apparently a week to get here.. so if your covers get done by one person in the workshop, could come soon!

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by derbo View Post
From my research, wires should plug n play for cars with heated seats. In North America, we have occupancy sensors and will need to do coding to remove that. For you, I believe its purely plug n play.
Quote:
So i will ask him.
For occupancy sensors you have to put them in yourself, unless you request it from him and pay for it (I assume). As for the heat, you sometimes have to make adjustments, check out this write up below.

https://www.m3post.com/forums/showth...J5gIeh20G4G4pw

Appreciate 0
      05-15-2020, 11:01 PM   #42
schlichtm3
Driver
Germany
Rep

Thx for your help. The Seats look great in your car and Color.
Appreciate 0
      05-16-2020, 05:29 AM   #43
GRUESOM3
Major
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by pb_e46 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by doogee View Post
I tried a steam gun but didn't do much, I'll try the heat gun sometime soon but still scary haha.

Quote:
Thank you! I had that one done from Tainik on eBay, he's the next best after Ledermanz in my opinion. I actually had a set of BBS LM shipped from Denmark recently and apparently a week to get here.. so if your covers get done by one person in the workshop, could come soon!

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by derbo View Post
Quote:
So i will ask him.
For occupancy sensors you have to put them in yourself, unless you request it from him and pay for it (I assume). As for the heat, you sometimes have to make adjustments, check out this write up below.

https://www.m3post.com/forums/showth...J5gIeh20G4G4pw
I haven't tried tainik but ledermanz did make me this and I wouldn't hesitate to give this guy money his work is top notch. Here's a steering wheel I just got from him not too long ago

My seat covers are now done it's that I added another thing last minute so waiting on that before I get everything shipped out to me.
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      06-18-2020, 02:19 PM   #44
GRUESOM3
Major
Rep

Got the stuff. Very good quality but have a lot of work ahead 🤦*♂️

Edit 6 hrs later done still have to get rid of wrinkles. My hands are beat I don't know how ppl do this every day.
Attached Images

Appreciate 1
6ixSpd6014.50