BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > M3 (E90 / E92 / E93) > General M3 Forum (E90 + E92 + E93)

European Auto Source (EAS)
Closed Thread

03-24-2008, 01:30 AM   #485
dgb2
Rep
Drives: GLI

Quote:
Originally Posted by acidtrunks View Post
TWO WHAT? lol im only 22,but i dont advertise my ignorance of the world around me by getting into a flaming match with older and wiser people, i just sit back and learn,he should have shut up a long time ago and definetly(i think thats right) should not have given us a way to access any imformation of his personal life,as that video alone could keep a good flamer goin for a week.
So many ways to interpret that... I need to get my mind out of the gutter
Appreciate 0
      03-24-2008, 01:31 AM   #486
eclipsisNA
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2013 Estoril 328i M Sport

Garage List
2014 BMW 428i  [7.76]
Quote:
Originally Posted by LilRedGXP View Post
Will Ferrell ELF???
I think he meant the terrorist group "Earth Liberation Front," a not-so-sane group of people.
Appreciate 0
      03-24-2008, 01:32 AM   #487
acidtrunks
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: 93 honda accord

Quote:
Originally Posted by dgb2 View Post
So many ways to interpret that... I need to get my mind out of the gutter
as said im only 22 and dont consider all angles before i speak,but yeah that was pretty bad i said that,BTW just to clarify i am NOT a flamer
Appreciate 0
      03-24-2008, 01:41 AM   #488
E394KEN
M3//4KEN
United_States
Rep
Drives: E46 M3 & E90 335i (Woosh!)

I hope you win, dealerships like this one are the greed that spawns the distrust among the regualr consumer. There really is no other recourse for them but to eat this one and move on. The more this gets out and the longer it lasts it will eventually tear at them. If not there are thousands of people viewing that will not forget including myself.
Appreciate 0
      03-24-2008, 01:43 AM   #489
DJ9
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2008 E92 M3_SG

Garage List
2008 M3  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by acidtrunks View Post
TWO WHAT?
LOL. A quote from an old ass movie with what's his name, Joe Pesci(sp). Plot: he's a out of two Jersey guy, who attempts to clear his falsely accused cousins name in court, by impersonating an Attorney, and basically babbling retarded illogical sayings in court during the process....one being.."The Two Yutes."

Back on topic, the dealer is out of line, and really needs to revaluate the opportunity cost they are dealing with here by dragging this out!

2008 E92M3-Space Gray
Eisenmann Sport Exhaust_MT/Loaded
Appreciate 0
      03-24-2008, 01:44 AM   #490
Gurevich8889
Rep
Drives: 2001 BMW M5 LeMans Blue

Just stopping by from the M5board.com and from reddit.com to show my support. I had a similar situation this summer with a Mercedes-Benz dealership in Maryland by the name of Valley Motors. After agreeing on a price I drove down from Connecticut all the way to Maryland to pick up the car only to be denied sale because the manager though I was going to export the car overseas

Anyway, I'll be checking in for updates, hope all goes well. You deserve to get that car for $60K
Appreciate 0
      03-24-2008, 01:47 AM   #491
acidtrunks
Enlisted Member
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by DJ9 View Post
LOL. A quote from an old ass movie with what's his name, Joe Pesci(sp). Plot: he's a out of two Jersey guy, who attempts clear his falsely accused cousins name in court, by impersonating an Attorney, and basically babbling retarded illogical sayings in court during the process....one being.."The Two Yutes."

Back on topic, the dealer is out of line, and really needs to revaluate the opportunity cost they are dealing with here, by dragging this out!
i know when mr pesci first says it the judge looks back and says two what?!? then pesci explains further,i was hopin someone else knew it line for line.

i believe he was intending to say youths,but he did have a jersey accent

Last edited by acidtrunks; 03-24-2008 at 01:48 AM.. Reason: bordom
Appreciate 0
      03-24-2008, 01:48 AM   #492
dgb2
Rep
Drives: GLI

Quote:
Originally Posted by DJ9 View Post
LOL. A quote from an old ass movie with what's his name, Joe Pesci(sp). Plot: he's a out of two Jersey guy, who attempts to clear his falsely accused cousins name in court, by impersonating an Attorney, and basically babbling retarded illogical sayings in court during the process....one being.."The Two Yutes."

Back on topic, the dealer is out of line, and really needs to revaluate the opportunity cost they are dealing with here, by dragging this out!
Marissa Tomei on the witness stand talking about posi-trak (I think) was H.O.T.
Appreciate 0
      03-24-2008, 01:49 AM   #493
acidtrunks
Enlisted Member
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by dgb2 View Post
Marissa Tomei on the witness stand talking about posi-trak (I think) was H.O.T.
oh yeah there was nothin sexier than her laying down her 10 min tirade on how plymouths werent offered with posi traction til model year 67 or some other thing,but yeah great movie
Appreciate 0
      03-24-2008, 01:52 AM   #494
JasenWFO
Registered
Rep
Drives: '89 325ic

You are making the local car forums here.
Saw this on www.starcityracing.com.
I hope you get your car! I've been stabbed on by that dealer myself.

Subscribed!
Appreciate 0
      03-24-2008, 02:00 AM   #495
Glacked
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: 328i

Hey folks. Long time lurker here and rare poster. After looking closely at the information presented, I feel the OP has an actionable grievance with these people. I'm no attorney, I leave that to the wife. I am a cop and feel I have a pretty good graps of right vs wrong. They are wrong and should honor their agreement/contract. You can bog it down with whatever legal jargon you'd like - either side of the argument. Boil it down and it is tantamount to the old: pull hand away and say "phsych".

oreilly@foxnews.com

I've been following this and emailed O'Reilly tonight. Might be something his folks would pick up... If you guys like, send an email to the above addy with the following title:

BMW of Lincoln fails to honor contract on Ebay‏

I linked this thread and the autoblog url with a short, one line, blurb and a thanks. Maybe we can get some national coverage on this one and help a fellow out.

Good luck. Wish I could do more to help than type here and send a few emails.
Appreciate 0
      03-24-2008, 02:08 AM   #496
Los Angeles
Steve Forte Rio
No_Country
Rep
Drives: 08' 328i

Quote:
Originally Posted by Glacked View Post
I've been following this and emailed O'Reilly tonight. Might be something his folks would pick up... If you guys like, send an email to the above addy with the following title:

BMW of Lincoln fails to honor contract on Ebay‏

I linked this thread and the autoblog url with a short, one line, blurb and a thanks. Maybe we can get some national coverage on this one and help a fellow out.
Now that's what I'm talkin about!
Appreciate 0
      03-24-2008, 02:39 AM   #497
saaboteur
Registered
Rep
Drives: '01 Honda S2000; '88 Saab 900T

Just posting to show support for Dooma - read about it on Autoblog and definitely made my boring Sunday less boring!

I'm a lawyer in Edmonton, Canada. Unfortunately, I can't comment on the American law that would be applicable, and my first year Contracts course was almost eight years ago now. That said, on a quick glance of the facts, I'd say there is a very good case to be argued.

But I'd love to litigate this file if Dooma was local, and I'd do it for free just to help out a fellow car guy.

Good luck with everything, hope it works out! Will be following the thread in great interest.
Appreciate 0
      03-24-2008, 02:55 AM   #498
hellrotm
Banned
Rep
Drives: F80

Quote:
Originally Posted by DailyYeah View Post
Auctions are by default have a reserve, meaning you a seller can refuse to sell.

Because this auction was a buy now there was not anything that said "No Reserve", therefore by default it had a reserve.
You clearly have NO idea how EbayMotors works.

When you create an auction, you enter minimum bid or reserve price.

In this case they entered $60,000 dollars as the reserve.

If it had a reserve above $60k, Ebay Motors clearly states "reserve no met".

Fact is they created the auction with a $60,000 reserve and a "buy it now" of $66,926.
Appreciate 0
      03-24-2008, 03:02 AM   #499
NavNurs
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: E92 / S2000 beater

I confess I have only read through page 16 and have a question to pose. Why has this caused such a massive response? What is the symbolism? Why have I, perhaps like many, had such a passionate reaction to a story which may not even be true? All we have for proof is a completed Ebay auction.

I would guess that the dealership represents the "evil" which is sometimes ascribed to the affluent and powerful. This evil is the ability to take advantage of others at will and exploit them for monetary gain.

While BMW certainly represents the affluent, and many of us subscribe to owning/desiring the car, we somehow fall into that arena. While I personally save lives and help others for a profession instead of car sales, my country has been accused of exploitation. As much as I would like to remove the negative associations of these two groups, they exist.

So, the amount to which I detest these labels may be the amount I detest BMW of Lincoln for attempting to exploit this one individual. I also typically back the underdog. At times I feel I am that guy fighting for my rights, without a world-wide forum to help. Thankfully, we are here and we are watching. Then again the rum n cokes I had tonight may have me babbling?

Any Psychologists or Sociologists out there want to venture a guess?
Appreciate 0
      03-24-2008, 03:22 AM   #500
Revin9k
Private
Rep
Drives: Honda s2000

100,000 views already! wow!
Appreciate 0
      03-24-2008, 03:30 AM   #501
GalaxyGreySi
Registered
Rep
Drives: Honda Civic Si

Word of this injustice is spreading across the internet forums like wildfire. I am from a local car enthusiast forum in the New Mexico/Northern Texas area, and we have been alerted to your plight as well. Word of mouth is very powerful, and this dealership is going to be cast into the spotlight over this issue. I hope that justice is served. All the best.
Appreciate 0
      03-24-2008, 03:41 AM   #502
Avenger
Rep
Drives: Drift Car

I just joined and picked up the news from Autoblog. We all wish you luck Dooma350. You will win evidently. Just hang in there, my friend. I'm an avid member of Mazdas247.com and posted your story there. GOOD LUCK.
Appreciate 0
      03-24-2008, 03:43 AM   #503
Avenger
Rep
Drives: Drift Car

BTW, I'm Shaz from mazdas247.com forum.
Appreciate 0
      03-24-2008, 03:43 AM   #504
Junior Barnes
Rep
Drives: 78 Schwinn Varsity, lime green

Quote:
Originally Posted by NavNurs View Post
All we have for proof is a completed Ebay auction.
Although I'm quite inclined to believe the OP and his story, this remains an excellent point.

Quote:
Originally Posted by NavNurs View Post
I would guess that the dealership represents the "evil" which is sometimes ascribed to the affluent and powerful. This evil is the ability to take advantage of others at will and exploit them for monetary gain.
No, the dealership represents the clear and present "evil" which is frequently ascribed to auto dealerships. Your second sentence, when viewed in this light, is dead-on.

I'm not sure that the refutation of the points made by "DailyYeah" was clearly enough explained (not that it really matters, but I digress). The dealer's TOS state that they can cancel a bid; as has been repeatedly pointed out, once the auction ends, the offer by the buyer ceases to be a bid and becomes a binding sale price.
For the sake of clarity and full disclosure: I am not an attorney, nor do I play one on TV.

I'd like to address one more thing, if I may: Many folks here have expressed that eBay should swoop in and save the day, perhaps as some kind of PR move. IMHO, that would be a disastrous mistake on their part, despite whatever positive ramifications it may have for the OP. It would set a godawful precedent, leading a swarm of future eBayers to flood them with requests along the lines of, "Hey, you helped that BMW guy...why can't you help me, too?" The best course of action for them is the one they seem to be taking: Follow their published rules and regulations TO THE LETTER. They maintain a desperately-important neutral stance that way.

I've enjoyed finding this thread via reddit. Thank you to the usual suspects here for allowing me the opportunity to chime in. Best of luck to the OP on a satisfactory resolution of this issue!
Appreciate 0
      03-24-2008, 03:44 AM   #505
GalaxyGreySi
Registered
Rep

NavNurs, I think that the psychological reasoning behind exposing HUSKER BMW doesn't have very much to do with affluence; it is about doing what is right, and what is ethical. People aren't out to bring them down simply because they represent stature, money, and affluence (sorry if that is redundant). It is because Husker represents the very epitome of all the unfairness and greed that most of us have experienced from car dealers at one point or another. Except in this case, they have been caught with their hand in the cookie jar. This sort of behavior reminds me of playing a board game with a child - they figured out that they were losing, so they threw the game pieces all over the floor, screamed "I QUIT!!" and stormed off to their room. Well Husker, it's time to grow up. This isn't how the world works, and now you are being called on it. Man up, take your losses, and move on.

Last edited by GalaxyGreySi; 03-24-2008 at 04:02 AM..
Appreciate 0
      03-24-2008, 03:54 AM   #506
GalaxyGreySi
Registered
Rep

:::::Has now been spread to an additional forum audience of approx. 29,334 members:::::
Appreciate 0
Closed Thread