BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > M3 (E90 / E92 / E93) > New and Preowned M3 Pricing, Ordering, Tracking / European Delivery / Dealer Reviews

BPM

02-15-2021, 10:16 PM   #1
marxdrift
Rep
Drives: E92 m3

11' m3 for sale 34k miles

what would you guys suggest i price the car for? 34k miles now, long mod list. also any suggestions where to post for sale? i have it at 46k obo at the moment on fb

edit-2011 BMW M3 · Coupe · Driven 34k miles

2011 e92 m3 6spd manual transmission
Dinan carbon intake/ rpi intake scoop
active autowerke lightweight pulley kit
active autowerke tune
lightweight flywheel
bilstein pss10 coilover suspension
remus race exhaust x pipe catless
brembo gt 6pot brakes with two extra sets of pads and rotors
half cage painted white to match
recaro sportster seats or race tech seats with six point schroth harness or stock seats
mperformance alcantara steering wheel flat bottom or forged carbon alcantara side with flat bottom wheel.
mperformance alcantara/ carbon shift knob paired with uuc evo3 short shifter
half the car is covered in ppf
vorsteiner gts front bumper with carbon lip
vorsteiner carbon csl trunk partially painted & with carbon grills
apr rear wing and front splitter.
i'm sure i'm missing several things though
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      02-16-2021, 09:40 AM   #2
Cyberdemon
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: 2020 X5 40i, 2018 M3 Comp

When it comes to highly modded cars like this the answer is usually "it depends how long it takes you to find the right buyer".

A big chunk of your target market is going to be turned off by a car with a cage and a big wing. So the question is how long does it take to find the one guy who really wants a fully prepped track rat. (It might not be long at all, or it may sit for months like some of the other track-focused builds that have been on here).

I think you'll have a harder time getting your asking price if you want to sell the car relatively quickly. If you want the most ROI on it, you may want to consider parting out a lot of the bolt-ons. Once the car is closer to stock getting into the $30k range for it will be easy and you can quickly recoup a lot of money from the brakes, exhaust, seats, etc.
      02-16-2021, 01:05 PM   #3
marxdrift
Rep
Drives: E92 m3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cyberdemon View Post
When it comes to highly modded cars like this the answer is usually "it depends how long it takes you to find the right buyer".

A big chunk of your target market is going to be turned off by a car with a cage and a big wing. So the question is how long does it take to find the one guy who really wants a fully prepped track rat. (It might not be long at all, or it may sit for months like some of the other track-focused builds that have been on here).

I think you'll have a harder time getting your asking price if you want to sell the car relatively quickly. If you want the most ROI on it, you may want to consider parting out a lot of the bolt-ons. Once the car is closer to stock getting into the $30k range for it will be easy and you can quickly recoup a lot of money from the brakes, exhaust, seats, etc.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cyberdemon View Post

thanks, i'm gonna try 45k and won't go lower than 40 with everything for maybe couple weeks afterwards i'll probably end up reverting back to stock
Appreciate 0