BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > E90/E92 M3 Technical Topics > Engine, Transmission, Exhaust, Drivetrain, ECU Software Modifications

BPM

05-25-2019, 08:40 AM   #1
ENixon
Private First Class
No_Country
Rep
Drives: 2018 M2

Sound Clip of Eisenmann Sport w/ Test Pipes?

Hello,

Does anyone have a sound clip of the Eisenmann Sport paired with test pipes and stock xpipe? I've spent hours searching with no luck.

Thanks,

Eric
Appreciate 1
ZooMMM14.00
      05-25-2019, 09:41 AM   #2
Montaver
Lieutenant Colonel
No_Country
Rep
Drives: G87 M2 & M340i LCI

Eisenmann sport is one of the few exhaust options for this platform that whatever you pair it with it sounds flat. It's very muffled and mutes the high pitch sounds, even catless. It also weighs a lot. I would look elsewhere personally, there are an infinite amount of better options for the money. If your going just test pipes the stock muffler will sound great.

Here is what it sounds like with a full catless x-pipe with quad resonators.

Appreciate 0
      05-25-2019, 08:28 PM   #3
brodiem
Private
Rep
Drives: 2009 BMW E92 M3

Garage List
2009 BMW M3  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by ENixon View Post
Hello,

Does anyone have a sound clip of the Eisenmann Sport paired with test pipes and stock xpipe? I've spent hours searching with no luck.

Thanks,

Eric
I don't have a recording, but I've run E. Sport with test pipes using the OEM X-pipe. For me it was too mild and I took it off in fairly short order. It had a nice tone (there are lots of clips out there on YT) but fell short on volume for me personally. I'd say it was maybe 30-40% louder than OEM up to around 3K RPM, and about the same as OEM at 3k+ (intake noise begins overtaking the exhaust note at these engine speeds).

I think of it like an OEM+ setup, very livable, drone-friendly, and nice sports car sound. I just wanted more obnoxious so I've got an E. Race on order now and will be selling my Sport
      05-28-2019, 06:42 PM   #4
wyatth
Colonel
Rep
Drives: E90 ZCP

Good video there.

I don't have TPs but I love the E Sport. Yes it's not much lighter than stock (not that I want to lose much weight from that location of all places ...), yes it's not much louder ... but it flows as well as anything, and sounds and looks super refined. Plus the craftsmanship is top notch.
Why anybody wants the world's attention when they're laying on the throttle is beyond me. I find the car so much more useable and enjoyable when the volume isn't grabbing everybody's attention. Louder =/= faster or better sounding.
For anybody looking for a more civilized setup (with or without the addition of bypass pipes), I definitely think the E Sport is a good option.
Appreciate 0
      05-29-2019, 08:14 PM   #5
ENixon
Private First Class
No_Country
Rep
Drives: 2018 M2

I appreciate everyone's replies. Finding the right exhaust combination for me has been a daunting and expensive quest. My MPE was perfect with the stock xpipe but when I went to test pipes it became way too loud when over 4k rpm. Tried the Megan Racing next and liked the deeper overall tone but the slight drone bothered me when driving around town. Last was the Corsa, it sounded the best IMO but it was just too loud at any rpm. I found myself clutching in when passing cops. Now the stock muffler is back on and it sounds decent but its too quiet. Hoping the eisenmann sport is the answer but at $3300 for the black series my wife will kick my butt if I buy it and then sell it a week later for much less.
Appreciate 0
      05-29-2019, 08:21 PM   #6
wyatth
Colonel
Rep
Drives: E90 ZCP

^ $3300 is nuts (even new), look around! I got mine with like 2K miles for half price. It does sound like E-Sport is what you're after. MPE was my alternative as well, but it sounds like ass with bypass pipes IMO.
Appreciate 0
      05-29-2019, 10:51 PM   #7
s14_kev
Major
Rep
Drives: E90 M3, E30 M3

Have you considered Akrapovic? I had it with test pipes on my old car. It is deep and bassy down low, a slight rasp when you get on it, and does not overpower the intake at high RPMs. I have the MPE + test pipe combo now and the Akra was definitely quieter.

05-30-2019, 08:42 AM   #8
LostPanda
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 13' E92 M3 , 02' E46 M3

I dont have the sport, mines the race with macht schnell catless xpipes. Below are the comparisons with stock, eisenmann, then eisenmann with ms catless xpipe.

Appreciate 0
      05-30-2019, 12:51 PM   #9
Sandye90m3
Major
Canada
Rep
Drives: M3

I have run 6 different exhaust set ups and I've settled with the Eisenmann Sport with Primary Cat Delete (TP) and Resonator Delete.

It is by far the best setup for the all around driver that puts a lot of miles on. There is absolutely 0 drone, if you are in a meeting, no one can hear the exhaust. It makes a good amount of sound when you are just cruising, but when you want to be obnoxious, then you can definitely make it happen with the right foot.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0USzlvfSxVA

I also have a lot of sound clips on my phone, you can message me and then I can send you my number so that I send the clips over.

Last edited by Sandye90m3; 05-30-2019 at 12:58 PM..
Appreciate 0
      05-30-2019, 12:53 PM   #10
Iyzmi
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: E92 M3 6MT ESS625

Quote:
Originally Posted by wyatth View Post
Why anybody wants the world's attention when they're laying on the throttle is beyond me. I find the car so much more useable and enjoyable when the volume isn't grabbing everybody's attention. Louder =/= faster or better sounding.
While I understand your point and agree with it to an extent, IMO loud exhausts are not for the world's attention but rather for the drivers' aural pleasure. The attention is an unfortunate pesky side effect. On this car in particular, I do find that louder exhausts sound "better" because the exhaust note is so intoxicating and deserves emphasis. On other cars, such as the F80, I'd actually prefer an aftermarket exhaust that is quieter than stock if such a thing existed.

OP, I was going to recommend a Megan Racing exhaust but looks like you've already tried that. Have you considered the 2-pipe OEM mod?
      05-30-2019, 03:16 PM   #11
mrspecter
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: 11 E92 M3

Quote:
I appreciate everyone's replies. Finding the right exhaust combination for me has been a daunting and expensive quest. My MPE was perfect with the stock xpipe but when I went to test pipes it became way too loud when over 4k rpm. Tried the Megan Racing next and liked the deeper overall tone but the slight drone bothered me when driving around town. Last was the Corsa, it sounded the best IMO but it was just too loud at any rpm. I found myself clutching in when passing cops. Now the stock muffler is back on and it sounds decent but its too quiet. Hoping the eisenmann sport is the answer but at $3300 for the black series my wife will kick my butt if I buy it and then sell it a week later for much less.
Sounds like you have tried quite a few setups, would you be able to share your exhaust sound videos? I'm currently considering adding test pipes to my MPE, but you say its too loud over 4K rpm.
Appreciate 0
      06-03-2019, 12:49 PM   #12
Deebo
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2011 AW E90 ZCP

Quote:
I had a similar experience when I first got my stock exhaust back on with test pipes, I immediately thought it was way too quiet and started looking for other options. My suggestion, if you don’t already have it- try out the Macht Schnell stage 2 intake. Exhaust noise on this car is good, but amplified induction is GLORIOUS!!! I no longer have any desire for a louder exhaust, the sound from the engine under WOT is perfect and as a bonus, I feel like I can get on it without attracting as much attention from cops or otherwise because the exhaust isn’t that loud. At $400 it’s an easy DIY and if you don’t like it, you can sell it and recoup 75% of the cost easily. With the windows down especially, it’s perfect for my taste.
Appreciate 0