BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > M3 (E90 / E92 / E93) > General M3 Forum (E90 + E92 + E93)

04-24-2019, 12:11 PM   #23
Drifter2090
Colonel
Canada
Rep
Drives: E90 M3 | E92 335i | E90 335d

Quote:
Originally Posted by xcusem3 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Drifter2090 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by ATLIEN View Post
Just an update. I ended up buying the M3 from Carmax on Monday. It checked out well and drives great and makes a wonderful addition to my 08 E90 335i. The crazy part is a bought the car and immediately went on a business trip (without the car) the next day so I have only been able to drive it briefly. But I must say that I am super impressed with the car. The looks alone are killer but small things have won me over such as the softer leather and the more refined ride than I got from the 335. No concerns over things like torque because to be honest i'm all in it for the cruise and the glorious exhaust and intake note. I sprung for the Carmax warranty (4 years) so feel good in that regard with a little bit of sleep equity. Thanks again for the tips.
Congrats! post some pics when you can.

I had the same experience coming from my 335, the torque hasn't bothered me.
Same here I really don't miss the torque and actually prefer not having so much grunt down low with the "one wheel wonder" rear diff in the 335 haha
Haha true. It definitely was much faster than my M3, but it was very unpredictable.

The M3 powerband is so smooth and easy to control
SS2-FR E90 M3 6MT / IND / AFE / ActiveAutowerke - SOLD
AW-FR E90 M3 DCT / ACM / IND / AutoTecknic / K&N / H&R / Bilstein - SOLD
Appreciate 0
      04-27-2019, 11:28 PM   #24
Scrippy
Lord Scrip
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2011 M3 Coupe

Garage List
  [0.00]
2007 BMW 335i  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by cjm41 View Post
Says it's not available now.

No competition package (can see the sunroof in one photo).

I can tell the drivers side fender has been replaced/resprayed in the photo and it was a fender-off job (so likely replacement). My OCD kicked into overdrive the minute I noticed.

What's the price. It's not on there.
What does sun roof have to do with Comp Pack?
      04-27-2019, 11:32 PM   #25
Scrippy
Lord Scrip
United_States
Rep

Garage List
  [0.00]
2007 BMW 335i  [0.00]
I agree with everyone else about thinking twice because of the accident. The only way I'd buy it is if it could go to a BMW dealer for an alignment where I'd request before and after tolerances. You could see if compensation was made due to bad shit. This is a cheesy way to verify cosmetic damage compared to a possible crooked car.
      04-27-2019, 11:33 PM   #26
cjm41
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2010 E92 M3

Garage List
2010 BMW M3  [0.00]
2014 Land Rover LR4  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scrippy View Post
Quote:

I can tell the drivers side fender has been replaced/resprayed in the photo and it was a fender-off job (so likely replacement). My OCD kicked into overdrive the minute I noticed.

You must have jumped at the chance to internet tell someone they're wrong without bothering to read just a couple more posts in the thread. This has been covered. You're right, I'm wrong. This has been acknowledged. Feel better now?

VVV

https://www.bimmerpost.com/forums/sh...php?p=24631986
      04-28-2019, 02:28 PM   #27
Scrippy
Lord Scrip
United_States
Rep

Garage List
  [0.00]
2007 BMW 335i  [0.00]
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

You must have jumped at the chance to internet tell someone they're wrong without bothering to read just a couple more posts in the thread. This has been covered. You're right, I'm wrong. This has been acknowledged. Feel better now?

VVV

https://www.bimmerpost.com/forums/sh...php?p=24631986
Lol, I didn't jump at that opportunity and I wasn't bashing you bud. Don't feel bad, I used to think the comp package included the carbon fiber splitters. The guy that set me straight wasn't as nice as I was to you and stuck it to me pretty good. I think folks like him and I get bitchy when miss information is being spread out here trivial or paramount.
      04-28-2019, 02:41 PM   #28
cjm41
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2010 E92 M3

Garage List
2010 BMW M3  [0.00]
2014 Land Rover LR4  [0.00]
Quote:
Lol, I didn't jump at that opportunity and I wasn't bashing you bud. Don't feel bad, I used to think the comp package included the carbon fiber splitters. The guy that set me straight wasn't as nice as I was to you and stuck it to me pretty good. I think folks like him and I get bitchy when miss information is being spread out here trivial or paramount.
It's the internet, I just assume everyone is out to be a dick to everyone. I'm pretty cynical, I was probably in a shitty mood when I replied last night or something.

Just seemed as if you'd stopped reading the thread at that point to tell me I was wrong (because reading a few more posts would have shown that I was already corrected and ate crow like a good sport). It was also phrased as a question which indicates you may have been prompting me to defend my statement, knowing all along id only be digging a deeper hole and ultimately you'd be able to get the satisfaction of being able to tell someone "I told you so".

You could have just said "ZCP also came with sunroofs" and been done. Thanks. Thumbs up. Move on. Or... accepted that someone else had corrected me. Thumbs up. Done. Thanks. Move on.

Instead it was a question, and it wasn't rhetorical.

You got a response.... and it was "I already knew that, here's a link to the post where I acknowledge that, don't need to be a dick about it"
      04-28-2019, 03:05 PM   #29
Scrippy
Lord Scrip
United_States
Rep

Garage List
  [0.00]
2007 BMW 335i  [0.00]
Quote:
Quote:
It's the internet, I just assume everyone is out to be a dick to everyone. I'm pretty cynical, I was probably in a shitty mood when I replied last night or something.

Just seemed as if you'd stopped reading the thread at that point to tell me I was wrong (because reading a few more posts would have shown that I was already corrected and ate crow like a good sport). It was also phrased as a question which indicates you may have been prompting me to defend my statement, knowing all along id only be digging a deeper hole and ultimately you'd be able to get the satisfaction of being able to tell someone "I told you so".

You could have just said "ZCP also came with sunroofs" and been done. Thanks. Thumbs up. Move on. Or... accepted that someone else had corrected me. Thumbs up. Done. Thanks. Move on.

Instead it was a question, and it wasn't rhetorical.

You got a response.... and it was "I already knew that, here's a link to the post where I acknowledge that, don't need to be a dick about it"
Ok, I hear ya. Don't let folks get ya hot here, cause it happens a lot and it'll ruin it for ya if you care. Like I said, I've been corrected by peeps being dicky a bunch of times. It happens.
      04-30-2019, 05:00 AM   #30
ATLIEN
Captain
Rep
Drives: 08 335i & 11 M3 ZCP

So far so good on the M3. I’ll be adding new rubber soon as the current tires are Toyo Sports which are probably half way worn down. I’ll go with the P4S as I’ve had great experience with the PSS and love the AS3+ on my 335.

One of the coolest part about this car is the amount of enthusiast respect and admiration that you get. I’ve gotten more thumbs up from people, kids and other BMW and M owners than I’d ever gotten in my 335 for which I never got any.

I’m glad to still have the 335 as it’s a better commuter car as expected. The dct does take a moment to warm up and smoothen out.

One thing that I have noticed is that the car warms up quicker than I had anticipated compared to my 335. After reading about warm up times I thought it would have been longer but to be honest I don’t see myself redlining too frequently on my morning or afternoon commute for it to be a big deal.

At the end of the day I’m happy with the purchase and am having no issues or regrets. Much appreciation for the advice.
Appreciate 1
      04-30-2019, 01:24 PM   #31
Drifter2090
Colonel
Canada
Rep
Drives: E90 M3 | E92 335i | E90 335d

Quote:
Originally Posted by ATLIEN View Post
So far so good on the M3. I’ll be adding new rubber soon as the current tires are Toyo Sports which are probably half way worn down. I’ll go with the P4S as I’ve had great experience with the PSS and love the AS3+ on my 335.

One of the coolest part about this car is the amount of enthusiast respect and admiration that you get. I’ve gotten more thumbs up from people, kids and other BMW and M owners than I’d ever gotten in my 335 for which I never got any.

I’m glad to still have the 335 as it’s a better commuter car as expected. The dct does take a moment to warm up and smoothen out.

One thing that I have noticed is that the car warms up quicker than I had anticipated compared to my 335. After reading about warm up times I thought it would have been longer but to be honest I don’t see myself redlining too frequently on my morning or afternoon commute for it to be a big deal.

At the end of the day I’m happy with the purchase and am having no issues or regrets. Much appreciation for the advice.
You will love the P4S, best tire I've ever had for the street.

Yeah the DCT takes about 5 mins to warm up fully. Yeah the 335 took much much longer to warm up compared to the M3.

Keep us updated on what you end up doing to it
SS2-FR E90 M3 6MT / IND / AFE / ActiveAutowerke - SOLD
AW-FR E90 M3 DCT / ACM / IND / AutoTecknic / K&N / H&R / Bilstein - SOLD
Appreciate 0
      04-30-2019, 02:29 PM   #32
SC300T
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 13 E92 M3, 540xi, 535ix GT

Quote:
Same here I really don't miss the torque and actually prefer not having so much grunt down low with the "one wheel wonder" rear diff in the 335 haha
I just bought a 13 ZCP DCT E92 M3 and would agree... After having an N54 E90 6MT and two N55 F10's, the S65 has just the right amount of pull at every rpm. The power band of chipped N54s and 55s is nice on the street, but they just don't hit that high note at 8000rpm like an S65. Its like reaching that pot of gold at the end of the rainbow.
Appreciate 0
      04-30-2019, 03:55 PM   #33
ATLIEN
Captain
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drifter2090 View Post
You will love the P4S, best tire I've ever had for the street.

Yeah the DCT takes about 5 mins to warm up fully. Yeah the 335 took much much longer to warm up compared to the M3.

Keep us updated on what you end up doing to it
Good deal on the Michelin’s. I plan to keep it stock in all honesty. My 335i is modded and I think I might be over that stage of my life especially with the warranty that I bought.
Appreciate 1
      04-30-2019, 03:59 PM   #34
ATLIEN
Captain
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by SC300T View Post
I just bought a 13 ZCP DCT E92 M3 and would agree... After having an N54 E90 6MT and two N55 F10's, the S65 has just the right amount of pull at every rpm. The power band of chipped N54s and 55s is nice on the street, but they just don't hit that high note at 8000rpm like an S65. Its like reaching that pot of gold at the end of the rainbow.
I agree with you. I don’t miss the torque at all on this platform. Frankly it gets with it just fine and sounds great doing it. I did get the oil changed today at BMW because lord knows what they had in it at CarMax and it felt a bit smoother engine wise and they found no problems anywhere so I feel fortunate on that note.
Appreciate 0
      05-23-2019, 02:00 PM   #35
ATLIEN
Captain
Rep

Just an update on the M3 and glad that I have the warranty on the car. I'll start of by saying I'm no stranger to turning a wrench and have done most of the repairs on my 335 (water pump, plugs coils, intercooler, intakes, brakes, etc).

However, the M3 check engine light came on and it stated the increased emissions warning came on. I took it into BMW and the thermostat was throwing the code. No big deal as it was covered under the Carmax warranty. While they were repairing it they broke the fuel rail and had to send out for that part. At the end of the day the bill came back at $2,179 which Carmax handled without a deductible. They also noticed that the aftermarket battery that Carmax put in was not registered and handled that as well.

The overall repair time took a long time though 6 days but I can't tell you how happy I was to get it back. Of course, the half tank I had was down to a quarter of a tank- sheesh!
      05-23-2019, 04:14 PM   #36
jd501
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2011 E92 M3

Just a heads up; a while back I had a increased immisions also, and my indy showed codes on thermostat and replaced it (on my dime). CEL came back a couple days later, turned out to actually be spark plugs.

My understanding is the thermostat fails open, and wouldn't cause a light, or really any issues (unless you're in really cold temps maybe? I'm in SoCal).

So if it comes back, have them check your coils / sparks.
Appreciate 0
      05-24-2019, 09:17 AM   #37
ATLIEN
Captain
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by jd501 View Post
Just a heads up; a while back I had a increased immisions also, and my indy showed codes on thermostat and replaced it (on my dime). CEL came back a couple days later, turned out to actually be spark plugs.

My understanding is the thermostat fails open, and wouldn't cause a light, or really any issues (unless you're in really cold temps maybe? I'm in SoCal).

So if it comes back, have them check your coils / sparks.
Thanks. I'll definitely keep an eye out for that.
      05-24-2019, 09:37 AM   #38
dparm
Stop the hate, get a V8
United_States
Rep
Drives: C7 Corvette GS, AMG C63 S

You guys are way too picky about accidents. A minor fender bender on the front left, if repaired by a competent shop, would not make me skip over purchasing. These cars are getting older, and with each passing day, the chance of it being in an accident increases.
tooloud10754.50
Scharbag2620.50
PACarGuy679.00
      05-24-2019, 10:01 AM   #39
ATLIEN
Captain
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by dparm View Post
You guys are way too picky about accidents. A minor fender bender on the front left, if repaired by a competent shop, would not make me skip over purchasing. These cars are getting older, and with each passing day, the chance of it being in an accident increases.
That's how I looked at it with this purchase. It's a badass looking ride and while it would be great if it didn't have the accident on it, my plan is to hold onto it for the long haul so i'm not concerned with resale value to that degree. It's a car and I am going to drive and enjoy it.
Scharbag2620.50