BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > M3 (E90 / E92 / E93) > General M3 Forum (E90 + E92 + E93)

European Auto Source (EAS)

12-13-2011, 09:13 PM   #1
M4Now!
Captain
Rep
Drives: MG / SO F83

Okay, this is ridiculous...

BIMMERPOST
     Featured on BIMMERPOST.com
As you may have read, two weeks ago my M was broken into: Passenger window shattered, flying glass cut the two front seats and consoles. The price tag for this, BTW, is about $9k... Fortunately insurance is paying, or this would truly suck.

Anyway, I am pining for the car to the point of silliness. Am forced to drive around in my wife's (very nice) Sequoia, so I can't really complain. But I went to the body shop to check on progress, it was sitting waiting to be repaired...and I just REALLY WANT TO BE DRIVING IT!!!! Sigh...hopefully the dolt who did it hit a lamp post on the way home (I don't want him hurt you understand, just his car totaled...)

Cheers

Bye bye E93 M3 - Hello F83 M4!
Appreciate 0
      12-13-2011, 09:19 PM   #2
tlp
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 991 GT3, Sold:'11 e92 M3 SG/FR

Garage List
Are they replacing or repairing the seats? Just have them replace glass initially and then go back when all if the interior stuff is staged.
      12-13-2011, 09:47 PM   #3
Bimmer Freeeek!
Live Fast. Die Young.
Rep
Drives: 2012 E92 ///M3

So sorry this happened to you. May the punk who did this suffer when he meets that light pole and totals his car. And when he goes to the hospital afterwords to get cleaned up, may he learn that his girlfriend has given him the gift of crabs.

When I was in college, on a Sunday night, a schizophrenic man and his baseball bat found their way to the student parking garage. Since all the students were asleep, this guy was whacking away at cars for almost an hour, when a security guard caught him during his rounds. I attended a small private college, and our garage was filled an amazing assortment of cars, driven by some very fortunate 19 year olds. I know teens and their parent-subsidized M3s are hot button topic on here, but regardless, we had a few of those in our garage and it was painful to see those cars all battered and smashed up. He even climbed through the cars to "look for food" - as he did this he cut himself pretty badly with all the smashed up glass, leaving trails of his blood inside the cars! Fortunately he didn't smash my windshield or climb through my car - he just whacked at the ragtop of my convertible and at the trunk/tail lights. Since the guy was literally crazy, nothing much happened to him.

2012 M3 E92 SS-II
Appreciate 0
      12-13-2011, 09:57 PM   #4
THE TECH
BimmerPost Supporting Vendor
Rep

Drives: BPMsport 2012 E92 M3

Garage List
Assuming that the seats will just be recovered since that will be the cheaper route for insurance. New seats would cost triple at least.
Appreciate 0